Home

How to become a Jedi

Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada

P.P.P.S. Where is Korfredonn? Where is Kariudo? Where is Bastila? Where is Jedi Jess? Where is Ristan? Where is jedigoku?

Where is Crying_Fate? Where is Darth333? Where is tk102? Where is Prime? Where is jedi3112? Where is Luke Katarn?

*sighs * Oh, well. I guess if they don't show up, we're going to have to continue the disscussion without their opinions (they could have been handy, useful and smart).

A few of this people have never even been to this part of the forums...

There is no need to it, he is just joking and making a laugh out of me like lukeiamyourdad

If I am, I apologize. I did not mean for it to sound that way.

P.S. I have figured it out Devon. You are treating me like a child, so I'll be watching you.

What makes you think that? :confused: There are several reasons why I wouldn't:

(1. I am a VERY literal person. A child is someone under the age of 13. Aren't you 14? To treat you like a child would go against my principals.

(2. When I was 14, people treated me like a child. I HATED IT!!! So, I would not try to do that to someone else. (Unless I hate them, but I do not hate you.)

(3. You're on my buddy's list.

As for how the force does not exist... *sighs* I want info about the force, and I get god. :(

As for your idea about the force... It is said that humans use only a very small portion of our brains. If we used all of our brains, we might be capable of extraordinary fears of logic, intelligence and reasoning. Possibly an intuitave ability to predict things ahead of time, which relates to how Jedi can sense things before they happen. THere may be some connection... but possibly not.

I believe thst humans may be capable of extraordinary intelligence, but not anything like the force.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I am, I apologize. I did not mean for it to sound that way.

Apology accepted Devon :) .

(2. When I was 14, people treated me like a child. I HATED IT!!! So, I would not try to do that to someone else. (Unless I hate them, but I do not hate you.)

Noble indeed.:)

(3. You're on my buddy's list.

Thanks.:)

As for how the force does not exist... *sighs* I want info about the force, and I get god.

:giggle1:

:rofl::lol::rofl::lol:

As for your idea about the force... It is said that humans use only a very small portion of our brains. If we used all of our brains, we might be capable of extraordinary fears of logic, intelligence and reasoning. Possibly an intuitave ability to predict things ahead of time, which relates to how Jedi can sense things before they happen. THere may be some connection... but possibly not.

Yes, to predict something is actuely realising what will happen, and it is true that people would be able to be incredibly powerful.

I believe thst humans may be capable of extraordinary intelligence, but not anything like the force.

No offence, but I think that you are underestimating yourself.

P.S. Oh, yes and jedigoku is on my buddy list too.:) (so are Korferdonn, Ristan, etc.)

Originally posted by Prime

But people who say that are wrong...

http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/tenper.html

And play nice...

All right, Prime, at first I understood that you and Devon were acctuely trying to prove that I am wrong a bit and that at some point you tow were right. After the long disscusion between the 7 of us (Emperor Devon, Jedi Jess, jedigoku, Korferdonn, Piece of metal, The Hidden One and me) we started to disscus this seriously, and Devon start to take this seriously, which was good.

And now YOU show up, not posting your claims and starting to gather proof that DEVON IS WRONG???!!!

Before the 7 of us stared to disscus this seriously Devon didn't have much claims, but then he made a claim. Now, I understand that I am 14 and you are 32 years old, and that you are trying to show me that I have to get serious. But to prove that DEVON IS WRONG?! (he is in college) NOW THAT IS TOO FAR GONE!!! What would you do if someone, who is not even interested in software design, would start showing proof that you are wrong and ruining your ideas just because he doesn't agree with it. I mean, I would understand if the science community doesn't agree, they have their own claims, but someone that doesn't even have a claim? Now that is just too far gone!

And that's the exact thing that you are doing now... You come posting to this thread, without a claim, without an attitude, without interest; Starting to prove that everyone is wrong, and arguing with the half of this Forum without a reason! If you wish to continue posting on this one, then start behaving seriously!

P.S. I apologise if I insulted you in this post, so please don't ban me or close this thread.

P.P.S. The posts about telekenesis work more than you might believe they do.

P.P.P.S. Even the theories announced by university students or proffesors aren't always 100% accurate, not even ours. And the article you posted isn't that wrong either, but that doesn't mean that we control heartbeating or throwing up, etc. The Force represents our hidden abilities and connection to each other.

And now YOU show up, not posting your claims and starting to gather proof that DEVON IS WRONG???!!!

If he thinks that humans use only 10% of their brains, then yes. But he is free to go and look into the subject himself if he is so inclined. Doesn't mean I think he is a bad person. I just presented some evidence so that you guys can read it for yourselves. Don't take my word for it.

I understand that I am 14 and you are 32 years old, and that you are trying to show me that I have to get serious.

Hey, I'm only 30! :(

I don't care how old you are. Age has nothing to do with it. And don't feel the need to get serious on my account.

But to prove that DEVON IS WRONG?! (he is in college) NOW THAT IS TOO FAR GONE!!!

I will now put the obligatory "WTF?"

What would you do if someone, who is not even interested in software design, would start showing proof that you are wrong and ruining your ideas just because he doesn't agree with it.

I have no problem changing my ideas if I am proven wrong. My self esteme is not based on my ideas and so have no issue looking at all the evidence and being shown that I am incorrect. I simply change my ideas to incorporate the new evidence. Being wrong doesn't make me bad person.

I am not posting evidence to try and ruin your ideas. I am posting it because perhaps you would like to see what the scientific community thinks about certain topics brought up here. Guess not.

I mean, I would understand if the science community doesn't agree, they have their own claims, but someone that doesn't even have a claim? Now that is just too far gone!

I have claims. I am posting said claims backed up by independent evidence.

And that's the exact thing that you are doing now... You come posting to this thread, without a claim,

I think I've made my claims. You can choose to ignore them if you wish.

without an attitude,

I don't need an attitude. There is either clear evidence for something or there isn't. In the case of "10% of a person's brain," it has been shown to be false.

without interest;

Well, that part's right. If you want to run around thinking you are a Jedi, be my guest.

Starting to prove that everyone is wrong, and arguing with the half of this Forum without a reason!

I'm not arguing with anyone. I just posting a few links to research/evidence on points that come up. And I didn't know I needed a reason to do so.

If you wish to continue posting on this one, then start behaving seriously!

:rolleyes:

I will post if I want to, thank you very much.

P.S. I apologise if I insulted you in this post, so please don't ban me or close this thread.

I don't get people banned for disagreeing with me. And I won't close it as long as people are civil to each other.

P.P.S. The posts about telekenesis work more than you might believe they do.

I think I have shown you research that shows why that isn't the case.

The Force represents our hidden abilities and connection to each other.

The Force represents a made up concept by a movie director.

I withdraw what I said about the science article.

Plus, you're smart enough to go berate a moderator on what he can post in a thread.

Does that mean: I am dead! *Starts to become paranoid and starts to eat his nails *

I'VE GOT TO GET OUT OF HERE, BEFOR PRIME FINDS ME!!!!!

*Runs away *

Anyway, I am sorry for ignoring Prime. And those articles are very accurate. Nice work, Prime! :clap1:

I am wrong, and maybe even a hell lot stupid. It might be possible that the Force doesn't exist, and it is possible that we don't know enough to conclude that.

So, in the mean time, I won't jump to connclusions to quickly until WE develop telekenesis.

Hee hee hee... Pickin' on a Moderator....hee hee hee Your brave ;)

I don't know exactly how much of our brain we use but from what I've seen from some people out there in the world, I'd swear they only use .000000001%...lol

I do think telepathy could be within the human minds grasp though, but I agree with the "Optimus" man ;) Only in good ole' Georgie's head :D

Hee hee hee... Pickin' on a Moderator....hee hee hee Your brave

If that funny, brave, stupid, dangerous or not nice?:confused:

I don't know exactly how much of our brain we use but from what I've seen from some people out there in the world, I'd swear they only use .000000001%...lol

:lol:

I do think telepathy could be within the human minds grasp though, but I agree with the "Optimus" man Only in good ole' Georgie's head

Good joke. :D

Anyway, I'm sorry Prime.

Devon start to take this seriously,

I took this seriously for most of the pages of this thread. (Well, except the first.) :rolleyes:

and starting to gather proof that DEVON IS WRONG???!!!

There's nothing wrong with that. :) I made a claim about our brains, and Prime's article as well as this (and all the other articles on Google) changed my mind. Prime disagreed with me, and gathered proof to support his statement. :)

That is what you wanted, correct? :)

(he is in college)

But he still has a lot to learn. As do we all...

arguing with the half of this Forum without a reason!

There are over 100,000 members of Lucasforums.

Even the theories announced by university students or proffesors aren't always 100% accurate.

That is a VERY accurate statement! :eek:

You'd be surprised by how many idiots there are in college...

Now, Vlad... Don't think I'm going to start making claims that telekinesis exists... :D

There's nothing wrong with that. I made a claim about our brains, and Prime's article as well as this (and all the other articles on Google) changed my mind. Prime disagreed with me, and gathered proof to support his statement.

OK, I said that I was sorry for ignoring Prime.

But he still has a lot to learn. As do we all...

No need to be modest.:)

That is a VERY accurate statement!

I withdrawed earlier what I said about not accurate statements.

Now, Vlad... Don't think I'm going to start making claims that telekinesis exists...

How come I didn't find that web-site earlier?:confused: That web-page is GREAT!:D

No need to be modest.:)

Well, when you think about all the knowlege out there, most people don't know a lot of it...

I withdrawed earlier what I said about not accurate statements.

I meant its a very acurrate statement that the theories of college student aren't always accurate.

wow pickn't on a mod your brave but my view still stands and one more thing the human sub consious is an amazing thing all you need to do is look at drug studies and other things and accourding to my phsycology book most people don't use the vast majority of there brains and some i think us less than 1/2 of 1/8 of 1/16 of 1/10000000 of 3% of their brains

Originally posted by jedigoku

wow pickn't on a mod your brave but my view still stands and one more thing the human sub consious is an amazing thing all you need to do is look at drug studies and other things and accourding to my phsycology book most people don't use the vast majority of there brains and some i think us less than 1/2 of 1/8 of 1/16 of 1/10000000 of 3% of their brains

I've always heard that 3% thing as well. :)

I meant its a very acurrate statement that the theories of college student aren't always accurate.

Okay.

and other things and accourding to my phsycology book most people don't use the vast majority of there brains and some i think us less than 1/2 of 1/8 of 1/16 of 1/10000000 of 3% of their brains

It is surely possible, because we can't control hearbeating, throwing up, or deciding when do we wish to poop or pee now don't we?

wow pickn't on a mod your brave but my view still stands and one more thing the human sub consious is an amazing thing all you need to do is look at drug studies

Why is that so special? And I wasn't picking on Prime (never wanted to) I was arguing with him, a LOT! Still I apologise to Prime for insulting him.

Vladimir, see if you can tell what George Bush is thinking.

I have an idea, that he is thinking about:

Man, we need more money... I know let's blame it on Iran now. We'll deal with Vietnam, North Korea, etc. later. Iran is Islamic, they can be accused for fanatical religious behavior, oh yes, and they are hiding Bin Laden... No wait! I need that for Afganistan.:D

I am not posting evidence to try and ruin your ideas. I am posting it because perhaps you would like to see what the scientific community thinks about certain topics brought up here. Guess not.

I am sorry, you're right. Post as much evidence as possible. About not wanting to see what the scientific community thinks about it, I just didn't realise that my arrogance and shovinism goes that high.:( I am sorry.

Okay.

It is surely possible, because we can't control hearbeating, throwing up, or deciding when do we wish to poop or pee now don't we?

This is left to personnal interpretation and requires a more philosophical approach then a purely scientific one.

What would we consider "control"?

Pooping, peeing, heartbeating and bleeding are automatic reactions to the needs of our body.

Of course, the brain would be regulating everything, it is the big boss.

But it being an act of the subconscious is still part of us. So in a manner of speech, we, our body, controls itself.

What you seem to be talking about is more a matter of "will". Our will to do things is automatic. I will not automatically pick up an apple if I see it, I will pick it up if I want to.

Walking, picking things up, eating, chewing, moving our eyes, moving our hands, etc. would derive from our "will" to do those actions.

If so, can we say that we only "use" 10%(or whatever percentage you want) of our brain? Does all these actions only constitutes 10% of what our brain does?

Does the regulation of our body takes the remaining 90%?

A hard question to answer that only leads to more questions.

What would we consider "control"?

Control in a phsycological way is decieding what do you wish something to do. But in biology, it isn't a simple thing if reconsidered.

Pooping, peeing, heartbeating and bleeding are automatic reactions to the needs of our body.

Exactly! That's what I was trying to say.

Does the regulation of our body takes the remaining 90%?

True. A hard question that can be only explained through phsycology, biology and cooperation.

Well people CAN control a few things regarding their body. I know you can control your heartbeat and to a vast degree regulate your own body temperature.

I know your all saying "yeah right what's he smokin'" Marlboro would be the answer ;)

BUT it is actually true. National Geographic did a two part series on a sect of monks in Tibet whom could not only slow their own heartbeat to the point (if they wished) that they literally fell over from passing out. They also survived for (literally) 2 weeks at a time sitting in one spot on boulders on the side of a mountain praying. They also did not eat or drink during this purification ritual. The temperature would dip to 10 below zero or lower in the nights and zero in the days. The man from national geographic on the scene held up an outdoor therm. to prove how cold it was.

I thought that series amazing that people could control themselves to such a severe degree.

Originally posted by Darth Melignous

Well people CAN control a few things regarding their body. I know you can control your heartbeat and to a vast degree regulate your own body temperature.

I know your all saying "yeah right what's he smokin'" Marlboro would be the answer ;)

BUT it is actually true. National Geographic did a two part series on a sect of monks in Tibet whom could not only slow their own heartbeat to the point (if they wished) that they literally fell over from passing out. They also survived for (literally) 2 weeks at a time sitting in one spot on boulders on the side of a mountain praying. They also did not eat or drink during this purification ritual. The temperature would dip to 10 below zero or lower in the nights and zero in the days. The man from national geographic on the scene held up an outdoor therm. to prove how cold it was.

I thought that series amazing that people could control themselves to such a severe degree.

Then this seems to be another evidence of the existence of the Force. But let's not be hasty, we still need to disscus this for a long time.

Yes, but let us stay with the average joe. Evaluating the degree of control that we have over our body using special cases would be too far a stretch.

Control- My point is we do not have a rock solid definition of it. Our brain controls our body yet it works independant of our will.

Archived