Home

How to become a Jedi

*Rushes and pants from running... *

:wornout:

Huhuhu,... Sorry for the delay... *pant pant*

Here's the web-page:

The Lightsaber

But where will you get the lightsaber crystal?

This thing is completely (almost) elctronicly based, so there is no crystal (if you want one look in a nearby rock formation, river or cave). So no need to worry.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so.... it's a fancy flashlight... ???

I'm still looking for the "fully functional & utterly dangerous part"... ;) well.... other than the vacuum tube shattering (which they do quite easily)...

Though I'll give you credit man, this is one of the better saber construction instructions simply for the fact this one has lit up led's rather than a stationary "plain" tube... :)

so.... it's a fancy flashlight... ???

Sorry, I didn't know. I didn't build one myself so I wasn't sure.:o

P.S. http://chem.lapeer.org/physicsdocs/Goals2000/Laser1.html

HHHHHmmmmm...

Cutting Laser, and how to do it, not bad.:)

Just a flashlight...

But where will you get the lightsaber crystal?

*Thinks for a minute * :snear:

:eek: I GOT IT!!!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:D Oh, YEAH!!!!

Listen up:

Maybe there is a trick about a crystal afterall (Devon: Yeah right:rolleyes: ). After just reading the article, I realised that there is a posibility to do it. It says:

Laser cutters operate by directing large amounts of energy onto a very small surface area. A typical arrangement to achieve this is shown in Figure 1. By employing such an arrangement, the temperature of a small portion of a material object can be raised very quickly to a point where it melts or evaporates.

Now, quetion: Has anyone ever heard of unstable elements?

NOTE: Answer this question to move on.:)

THAT does not make a lightsaber, THAT makes a blaster, remember lightsabers are melee weapons, blasters are ranged. You can use this cutting laser from a range as well. Now I can't read the figure (doesn't open), but from what I understand 2000W does it for cutting steel. I still need to know how thick that steel is and how long it takes to cut through, but it's much less than I expected. It still requires 20 000 Joules for 10 shots. Does anybody know how many Joules there are in a average car battery?

However maybe I could use the fuel cellsI mentioned earlier and some steel to make myself a nice AT-PT. I would consider making an AT-AT (if only for the traffic jams), but I think that would be too much work for me.

Maybe I should star a discovery program titled 'A blaster is born' followed by 'A walking vehicle is born' both to be combined in 'An AT-AT is born'. Now those are programs I would watch.

Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada

Here's the web-page:

The Lightsaber

From the FAQ:

Is this a “real” light saber?

This is a “nonfunctional” saber. (The technology does not exist yet to produce a functional one.) I built this because I wanted to have a realistic looking light saber hilt prop to wear with my Jedi costume.

I'm sure it looks nice through...

THAT does not make a lightsaber, THAT makes a blaster, remember lightsabers are melee weapons, blasters are ranged.

If what you said means what I think it does, than you have invented a new invention. Yes, relising radioactive elements in seperate rays is a good idea... But to make this thing do damage you're going to need to cause a radioactive element to become so unstable that it would eject something so fast and powerfull that it would do some damage (to rocks not people).

P.S. Modders, if somone working for the goverment is here, DELETE everyting from this message!!! PLEASE!!!

But to make this thing do damage you're going to need to cause a radioactive element to become so unstable that it would eject something so fast and powerfull that it would do some damage (to rocks not people).

Exactly what I said earlier (page 3 if I'm correct). It would require such a large battery these days you couldn't carry it. I have read something about lasers used on planes (Airbus style cargo planes, but refitted) to shoot down missiles (nukes and the like). I would think this laser is somewhat similair to a SW laser weapon (or blaster), but these are fitted on really big planes that can carry several tons of cargo. But maybe in the future they will come in smaller packages.

And maybe someday we will discover something like the Force or a god, or maybe not, telling if it exists unless you experience it yourself and there's no doubt about it. And try to convince other that what you've experienced is true will probably prove to be a second problem. Like the 'Have you thought about it being this or that' questions. But I think the existance of the Force is is far more likely than any gods.

Let's get back to topic, right?

But maybe in the future they will come in smaller packages.

You don't need a large battery package, you just need some unstable elements like Ni, U and Co and there you go (if you know physics you understand what am I saying).

And maybe someday we will discover something like the Force or a god

The Force exists, but in a bit different way than Lucas explained it (nothing controls our life).

Anyway let's try to develop telekenesis and then we will talk about the Lightsaber and the Blaster.

:D

The Force exists, but in a bit different way than Lucas explained it (nothing controls our life).

What makes you think that Lucas explains the force to control our lives? I can't really think of anything in the movies that would imply this (in fact, it seems to imply the opposite).

What makes you think that Lucas explains the force to control our lives? I can't really think of anything in the movies that would imply this (in fact, it seems to imply the opposite).

Oh, sorry. *Erases the difference list between Lucas' and Vlada's definition of the Force *

But I thougth I heard in KOTOR that the Force controls everything.

Anyway let's develop EMPATHY (most important), and TELEKENESIS.:D

And that is only a part of the Force.:D

:confused: What do you mean?:confused:

^^^ Means you're replying to the person who previously posted, so you don't have to "quote" them. :)

When I typed :dozey: That's a smiley which means "Yeah, right... :rolleyes: " And I typed that in your response to developing telekenesis. It would be nice if I could use the force, but no one can.... And even if it did exist, to quote Bastila from K1, "The force is in all of us, but in most people it is barely a whisper."

And even if it did exist, to quote Bastila from K1, "The force is in all of us, but in most people it is barely a whisper."

Man, I didn't know women had such a influence on you (even imagined ones)

:giggle1:

:rofl::lol::rofl::lol:

kidding

There are three explanations why don't you like this thread:

#1:

As a child you watched Star Wars, but when you said to your family: "I want to be a Jedi..." They said:" Stop with that noncense, there is no such thing as a Jedi, and no one will ever be one, not even you"

Conclusion: Cruel...:(

#2:

(Refers to my first sentance): Your passion for women and science has driven you logicly OVER-ZEALOUS and you try to think of most imagined things as stupid, pointless and untrue (I support science too and I want to be a scientist, politician, farmer and worker). Women (especially your girlfriend [no offence]) have been convincing you to completely forget about imagination and making Star Wars comics, and so on.

#3:

Possibly the most correct explanation is that you like to counter answer to other people's 'YES or NO' questions with NO or YES, (like with me).:D

^^^

#1: Incorrect. I did not know about STAR WARS as a kid.

#2: quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your passion for women

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I AM ONE!!

Just kdding! :D

As for the over-zealosy, I am not over-zealous when it comes to women. I broke up with my girlfriend a little while ago. Don't understand why she was so upset... :rolleyes:

I am over-zealous when it comes to Atheism, grammer, and the Roman Empire, though. :D

#3. Not always. :D

As for the over-zealosy, I am not over-zealous when it comes to women. I broke up with my girlfriend a little while ago. Don't understand why she was so upset...

I wasn't refering over-zealosy just toward women I also meant science. And she was probably upset because you draw comics and it is stupid to her,,, MAAAAAN:rolleyes: :dead: I swear everything upsets everyone. Just kidding.:p

#3. Not always.

Anyway if you're doing it out of habit and joking then I like it:D . But if it is because you disagree then always remember:

YOU CAN GATHER PROOF TO PROVE THAT YOU ARE RIGHT AND/OR THAT SOMEONE ELSE IS RIGHT, AND YOU CAN GATHER PROOF TO CHANGE SOME LAW THAT IS WRONG TO BACKUP YOUR CLAIMS.

BUT YOU CANNOT GATHER PROOF TO PROVE THAT SOMEONE IS WRONG!

That is moraly and ethicly WRONG! So be careful next time.

You said once that your name came from a character that was in one of your comics (Emperor Devon), so I got the impression that you make comics.

And if you have a claim, gather proof to support your claim, or if you think somone is right then gather proof.

P.S. And what happened to your Avatar? I liked the old one.:D

Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada And what happened to your Avatar? I liked the old one.:D [/b]

I changed it... Several other people were using the same thing. I wanted to have a unique avatar. (It's a Nazgul, by the way.) I actually found an even better avatar but for some reason, I can't upload it. :(

**** it, you find proof that the force doesn't exist one day, and its gone the next. There's too much stuff on the web...

You had proof but it disapered? :confused:

With Google, new sites are getting created all the time, so it gets harder to find certain things.

I know it (was) a Nazgul.

Like the new avatar? :D

P.S. Where is everyone?

Threads don't remain popular forever... :(

Archived