Home

The Official SW Saga Trivia Thread

Astrotoy7

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. He was named after Buddha, since the Jedi Order was made to resemble Buddhism.

2. His face was designed after some guy in the crew. (I think it's the dude who played the puppet, or conceptualised Yoda)

There may be more, but I'm sure about the above.

The answers I was after was :

1. Stuart Freeborn. Man who created the original puppet. (Concept was actually based on drawings by Ralph MacQuarrie and GLs notes)

2. Freeborn also added elements from a famous photo of Albert Einstein, with the brow and eye wrinkles, to convey the characters wisdom...

I'll give sabre a point as he got close enough to the Freeborn answer...

Q. Which films contained Jawas ?

RC...The Krayt Dragon aint slitherin in ANH ! Its dead !!! 3po was walking past its skeleton :D

5 largest Creatures:

*Space Slug

*Naboo sea creature in TPM

*Kaminoan 'flying whale' in AOTC

*Fambaa(The Dinosaur type creatures that carry the shield generators in TPM)

*Rancor

sorry RC...I cant give you a point :(

Q. Name 4 characters that wear a CAPE in the saga... :p

mtfbwya

I'd say Episode III, IV and VI... (And why not in Episode I, as the Republic Cruiser is based on the Corellian Corvette ?...)

The republic cruiser is actually based on an old OT concept drawing of Ralph McQuarries ... But your answer is correct re the corvette. I havent been able to confirm if the one in ROTJ is the Tantive IV. Probably unlikely seeing it was captured by the imps and they subsequently made it appear that "all aboard were killed"... ?

Q. Where were the scenes of Luke being first attacked by the wampa shot ? (nb. It was in Norway, Im after a very specific place/location)

mtfbwya

"[...] Some of the Hoth sequence was filmed in Norway, in the area from the railway station Finse to the Hardangerjøkelen glacier." (Wikipedia ©)

yes, that is true for some scenes, but isnt the case for the specific scene I have mentioned...

lolz......Astro > Wiki yet again :p

I'm leaving the question open

Q. Where were the scenes of Luke being first attacked by the wampa shot ? (nb. It was in Norway, Im after a very specific place/location)

mtfbwya

A: Kurt Russell and Perry King

lolz, thats correct, but I was actually thinking of Burt Reynolds and Christopher Walken.... Perry King, not really in the same superstar category...though he did play Solo in the Radio Dramas(which I'm listening to at the moment :) )

Q. Name all characters that appeared in the PT that are seen in Jabbas Palace in ROTJ ?

mtfbwya

Archived