Home

The Official SW Saga Trivia Thread

Astrotoy7

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fosh, can you please confirm by quoting a line/scene :)

Q. What tiny detail was changed on the closeup of the tractor beam power gauge in ANH for the DVD SEs :)

The gauge clearly had the word "Tractor beam" and some other things written in the latin alphabet,

It was changed into Aurebesh.

Good work MCult.

Fosh... tell me the scene, I can check it for you. You mentioned elsewhere(EU forum) one of the clone commanders said it...?

Your point stays in limbo until then :p

New Question - another language question ! :p

Q. The saga contains english/latin letters "R2-D2-Artoo-Deetoo", the Aurebesh letters, and Hebrew letters(Vaders Breastplate).... There is also the mention of a Greek letter in one of the films - when and by whom ?

Hint: OT

mtfbwya

Fosh....you are guessing :tsk: If there is a droid called alpha, please quote the line, describe the scene that it is in/mentioned in..

I'll answer the question :

The one I was thinking of, from ESB - Battle of Hoth

Luke : "Attack Pattern Delta ! Go Now !!"

Obviously, they taught Greek on Tatooine :D

New Question :

Q. From the OT only, describe a similarity between the Emperor and Yoda ?

mtfbwya

They both Die :p

They both have wrinkles on their faces, they both only appear in ESB and ROTJ

lolz...I should have been a bit more specific. I was actually after the walking stick. But still. you are correct :)

New Question

Q. Why did Luke "fail" in the cave on Dagobah ?

mtfbwya

TPM – Obi-wan (his first line, aboard the federation battleship)

AOTC –Anakin (when the 3 creatures are led out into the arena)

ROTS - ?

ANH – Luke (when they’re approaching the death star) and Han (in the trash compactor just before the walls start closing in)

ESB – Leia (when they exit the Falcon to explore the “cave”)

ROTJ – C3P0 (before meeting with Jabba) and Han (as the ewoks try to cook them

i think it will said twice in ROTS, one of the times will be most likely when...

obi-wan lands on Mustafar to find Anakin (or Vader, as he will be known by then)

Edit: damn it!

ROTS flying into the TF crusier

Correct Fosh. Yoda says as much ...saying that the force was for "knowledge and defense....never attack..." :)

lolz. Poldena, thanks for filling us in on the complete answer, but that was a question posted a year or so ago. Please dont do that again. Please read the rules on page 1 :)

New Question

Q. Who's bust graces the jedi library ?

bonus: pic.

movie EU bonus: why is that there ?

EDIT - Hmm. No takers. There is a bust(head statue) of Count Dooku in the jedi library scene(AOTC) behind obi wan when he is sitting searching for details about Kamno.

EU Bonus: There are actually 20 of the statues, they represet 20 of the jedi that have left the order, "The Lost Twenty"

More info from Official Site

New Question :

Q. What was the Emperor's decree on the senate in ANH ?

mtfbwya

• 2 weeks later...
Let's try and rejuvanate this thread...

Q: What character, in one early discussion before a script was written, was planned to be one of the last clones from a planet of clones?

This has been up a little while so Im taking a 'guess' and changing it over.

sorry I have been a bit tardy with teh changeovers, Im been very busy recently...

I'd guess that it was Boba Fett ?? I do know that the ESB novelisation says that he was from an almost extinct warrior race that helped the Empire during the Jedi Purge... Please let us know the answer if otherwise Obi :)

New Question:

Q. The "Wilhelm scream" is now a Hollywood tradition. It is an audio sample that sound editors put into action scenes in movies. Describe where the scream was inserted in ROTS ?

hint: for those who are unware of it : Wiki has a good article on its background and a sound clip(.wav format at bottom of screen for those that cant play .ogg) :)clicky

mtfbwya

This has been up a little while so Im taking a 'guess' and changing it over.

sorry I have been a bit tardy with teh changeovers, Im been very busy recently...

I'd guess that it was Boba Fett ?? I do know that the ESB novelisation says that he was from an almost extinct warrior race that helped the Empire during the Jedi Purge... Please let us know the answer if otherwise Obi :)

mtfbwya

Umm don't think so- If you remember from the second film( I think) they explaine that the imperial soldiers are clones of the bounty hunter (Jengo Fett) and he made only 1 request for payment... 1 unaltered clone (whom he adopted as his son calling him Boba) which was one of the clones from the FIRST batch of soldiers from the clone planet.

If I had to guess I'd say it was 'Han Solo', not Lando

Umm don't think so- If you remember from the second film( I think) they explaine that the imperial soldiers are clones of the bounty hunter (Jengo Fett) and he made only 1 request for payment... 1 unaltered clone (whom he adopted as his son calling him Boba) which was one of the clones from the FIRST batch of soldiers from the clone planet.

If I had to guess I'd say it was 'Han Solo', not Lando

Obi-wan asked the question, and he gave us the answer; Lando. Your post is redundant.

Astro, I'm not sure but I believe that the scream is used in the movie when a Clone is being thrown off his feet and onto the floor by an explosion, as i'm typing i'm thinking it is during the Battle of Coruscant when a turbolaser is being destroyed.

Archived