Texas may ban gay foster parents

Lady Jedi

Should this law be passed?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should this law be passed?

• Yes
    • Undecided
    • No

What makes me even more curious is the bisexual remark. What if the bisexual is a male, and is married to a female. Or perhaps the other way around.

How does this make it different from a heterosexual enviroment? Unless told, people most likely wouldn't even know the man/woman was a bisexual.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by InsaneSith

How does this make it different from a heterosexual enviroment? Unless told, people most likely wouldn't even know the man/woman was a bisexual.

It just proves their bigotry against non-heteros. They want to hit them where ever they can. If this law passes then they'll go for taking away other rights. Maybe next they'll say that gays and bis shouldn't be allowed to use public restrooms unless there's separate rooms clearly labeled "FAGS" and "LESBOS" or something equally degrading. The possibilities are endless with these kinds of homophobes.

Originally posted by TK-8252

It just proves their bigotry against non-heteros. They want to hit them where ever they can. If this law passes then they'll go for taking away other rights. Maybe next they'll say that gays and bis shouldn't be allowed to use public restrooms unless there's separate rooms clearly labeled "FAGS" and "LESBOS" or something equally degrading. The possibilities are endless with these kinds of homophobes.

What you just said is pretty much the exact argument those homophobes use- they can't legalise gay marriage because what else would they want next?

Originally posted by The Hidden One

Why do ya'll dis Bush so much? I mean he's not a bad president, and it's not like Kerry could have done better for god sakes.

This is not the place to debate Bush vs. Kerry.

Edit: Never mind, I see you edited your post.

And this law shoudn't be passed because homosexuality is wrong and it's wierd how kids would say "This is my daddy 1 and this my daddy 2!"

"...This law shouldn't be passed because homosexuality is wrong..." A typo, I assume.

Anyway, I have no clue how anyone could say homosexuality is wrong. Did you ever think about what it would be like to be gay and how much bigotry and discrimination you'd face because of homophobes and conservative nutters? And don't give me this "gay people choose to be gay" BS because there are gay ANIMALS for god's sake. You can't get any more natural than nature. You may consider it "weird" to have two dads or two moms, but I consider it sad to have no parents at all.

:usa:

Bash the homos! It's the American Way! :roleyess:

This law shoudn't be passed because homosexuality is wrong

Rock music is evil too, you know. And so is shaving your beard, and eating non-kosher meats.

You evil, evil human.

and it's wierd how kids would say "This is my daddy 1 and this my daddy 2!"

:usa:

Your name is weird to me, could you please change it? Thank you.

You can't deny people what they want just because you find it weird or akward, because weirdness is only the ignorance of a concept.

This law shoudn't be passed because homosexuality is wrong

Why? Give me a non-superstitious answer if you can. One that is based on critical reasoning and logic.

and it's wierd how kids would say "This is my daddy 1 and this my daddy 2!"

If things that were banned or made illegal becase they were "wierd...." well, the call those tyranny's and police states.

because homosexuality is wrong
There would appear to be no logical reasoning behind the blanket statement "homosexuality is wrong".

Homosexuality is not "wrong", any more than humping a sports bag is "wrong". But that doesn't mean you can't dislike homosexual practices. You may find them objectionable, dirty, whatever. It's your right to dislike any perverted sexual activity. It's OKAY to dislike it.

But it's not okay to hate the PEOPLE practicing it. Anyone who actively discriminates against people on the basis of their sexual preferences is an absolute ape, purely and simply.

ON THE OTHER HAND, Neither is homosexuality right. It is a common character flaw of liberals and reverse-discriminators that they seek to GLORIFY that which they are defending. It isn't a great thing to go around shagging items that you weren't designed to shag, be they animate or inanimate, members of your own gender, or apple pies.

It shouldn't be glorified. It simply isn't that important, nor that worthy of praise.

Once again, I'm tired of listening to both bible-bashers and homosexual activists ranting on about how great they are and how everything they do is beautiful. I wish they'd all go and jump in a lake. :D

AUSTIN, Texas - Texas could become the only state to bar gays from becoming foster parents under legislation passed Wednesday by the House.

Impossible to enforce without resorting to police state methods.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

^

As Lewis Black would say, "I'd like to find the drug that can make someone so delusional and ignorant"

I think I've found it. It's called 'religion'.

Oh, and Skin: Your bible quotes suffer from one critical failure: They don't pass the Triviality Test.

Impossible to enforce without resorting to police state methods.
America's already got those. :D

Seriously though, from what I've heard of Texas, it's certainly weighted towards the police-state model by a lot of standards.

I think I've found it. It's called 'religion'.
How much is it by the ounce?

Not much reason for me to post in this thread, since everyone agrees, but...

There is absolutly no connection between what gender you shag and whether or not you're a loving parent. I wish the Texan goverment would look half a metre outside of their grown-in prejuices and start to care about what's best for the children and the society.

There is a huge shortage on foster parents, and to deny homosexuals the right to be evaluated as a foster parent is like shooting yourself in the foot.

There aren't many people I hate, but I do hate those damn "neo-cons" who rant on about "OMG gays are spawn of Satan oh no!!"

There aren't many people I hate, but I do hate those damn "neo-cons" who rant on about "OMG gays are spawn of Satan oh no!!"
Good. I hope you realise however that there are equally undesirable elements within the homosexual community, people who also have fanatical, self-glorifying viewpoints that do not allow for any debate or even reasonable questioning.

Originally posted by Spider AL

Good. I hope you realise however that there are equally undesirable elements within the homosexual community, people who also have fanatical, self-glorifying viewpoints that do not allow for any debate or even reasonable questioning.

I think it's a known fact that all sides have their evils. Some are just more pronounced than others. In this case, the neo-cons.

Originally posted by Spider AL

Yeah, well they don't get into parliaments... And so much the better...

Indeed there are. It is of course also human nature when involved in an argument to bring up more and more extreme views in support of your argument.

Which is how so many minor disagreements end up as fights, wars or (even worse) flame wars.

Though i do naturally have more sympathy towards the underdog minority fighting to be allowed to do stuff (even if they do sometimes take things to far) than the mass majority fighting to stop others. Maybe its cos i'm british and we always support the underdog :D.

Sometimes you wonder if the human race has moved on at all...

1964 Conservative Candidate Slogan: "If you want a ni**er in your neighbourhood, vote Labour"

2005 Conservative Candidate Slogan: "Which part of 'Send them Back!' don't you understand, Mr Blair?"

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Except for that one war you were involved in around 1776....you didn't seem very keen on the underdog winning at all then:p

What, you mean the one where the French saved their asses? :D

Hatred of the french overrides all other British characteristics, even common sense...

Your name is weird to me, could you please change it? Thank you.
:rolleyes:

Lets go have a look at your name....

I say we ban fat people from public. If you're over 300 pounds. Stay inside. After all I think it's kinda disgusting.

:wstupid:

Why? Give me a non-superstitious answer if you can. One that is based on critical reasoning and logic.

Because all living organisms were created to reproduce. And I don't want to get int detail.

:rolleyes:

Lets go have a look at your name....

He was joking.

Because all living organisms were created to reproduce.

...Skin asked for a reason based on critical reasoning and logic, not something that makes no sense. Gays can reproduce just as well as any hetero, but they choose not to. So if a person doesn't reproduce before they die, they're somehow inhuman or evil or something? WTF? You should be THANKFUL that gays have chosen not to add to the inflated population and instead adopt children to raise in a loving family, instead of having these kids without a home to call their own.

And I don't want to get int detail.

Too bad. You're in the Senate Chambers now. Post well, or don't post at all. ;)

...That makes no sense. Gays can reproduce just as well as any hetero, but they choose not to. So if a person doesn't reproduce before they die, they're somehow inhuman or evil or something? WTF? You should be THANKFUL that gays have chosen not to add to the inflated population and adopt children to raise in a loving family, instead of having these kids without a home to call their own.

That's not what I said, i said that all living organisms were created to pass on their genes not be gay and even though some people choose to do so I'm not saying their"gonna burn in the fiery pits of hell" or their not nice people or bad parents, just what they're DOING is wrong.

That's not what I said, i said that all living organisms were created to pass on their genes

Here, I'll repeat myself:

So if a person doesn't reproduce before they die, they're somehow inhuman or evil or something? WTF?

not be gay

If people weren't meant to be gay, they wouldn't be born that way. But, they are.

just what they're DOING is wrong.

What? What are they doing that's so wrong?

Archived