Home

Bug Fix: 650jedi.dlg

tk102

Another bug that I just discovered the hard way. This is supposed to be a very important dialog. Unfortunately there is a dead-end in the dialog tree

quite literally -- the dialog abruptly ends and the jedi masters die prematurely

It occurs in 650jedi.dlg (in 650DAN_dlg.erf) at Entry 215. You choose

What happened at Katarr?

followed by

So it is me?

and this takes you to a dead end.

The fix:

Add the following replies to Entry 215 in order:

• Reply 210
  • Reply 223
  • Reply 21
  • Reply 217
  • Reply 194
  • Reply 13

Thanks tk, now that fix is added to the the other 2 dialogs fixes I made to 650jedi.dlg(for USM).

One was on E6 where Kavar was throwing his voice to Zez lol. I changed the speaker tag the Facinglock tag to Kavar.

The second one was when all 3 jedi are standing in front of you with their sabers drawn except Vrooks wasn't ignighted. I fixed it by making him flourish his sbaer a node earlyer. ;)

Originally posted by T7nowhere

The second one was when all 3 jedi are standing in front of you with their sabers drawn except Vrooks wasn't ignighted. I fixed it by making him flourish his sbaer a node earlyer. ;)

You can also fix that by adding back the missing flourish call in the female revan branch (E158), the male revan branch already has it. :thumbsup: Oddly enough, the male revan branch doesn't have the a_pc_prone call, whereas the female revan branch doesn't have the a_flourish call...

Anyway, nice catch, tk, t7 :D

Originally posted by Razorfish.8

You can also fix that by adding back the missing flourish call in the female revan branch (E158), the male revan branch already has it. :thumbsup: Oddly enough, the male revan branch doesn't have the a_pc_prone call, whereas the female revan branch doesn't have the a_flourish call...

Anyway, nice catch, tk, t7 :D

hehehe, LA should higher modders to do QA ;)

ohh! more fixes!! Thanx TK!

Please, Search the Game, and if you come across more, you know wat to do :p i still cant believe that the game has SOO MANY parts missing?!?!

oh well, least they're doing something at Obsidian and Lucas Arts to sort this problem out.

MattCole

EDIT: Um, how do i make this work? (i know very little of dlgedit) or could you make your fixes downloadable if not already?

Originally posted by tk102

Here you go Matt.

I included my interpretation of T7Nowhere's and Razorfish.8's observations.

I'm also beginning to notice a large number of undocumented animations that I may have to add descriptions for in DLGEditor. :)

First off, great find everone. Thanks.

tk102, are there unused animations we may soon have access to? (sorry if my noobieness is shining through like a beacon in the night)

[off topic]

The one's I'm seeing are things like when Kreia kneels (Animation #1017) and when she puts her hand on you and whispers (Animation #1418). These aren't documented animations in animations.2da which is where DLGEditor is getting its list of animations. Anytime DLGEditor sees a branch that has an unknown animation it will only show its Participant in the Animation List.

My thinking is that I'll write a spider program to scour through the .dlg in the game searching for unknown animations. Then maybe I can compile a better list into DLGEditor. I'm sure many of these undocumented animations are only used by certain models, so I'll make sure to name them accordingly.

Edit: 75 undocumented TSL animations found! At least 18 more in KotOR!

[sorry, back on topic]

Originally posted by tk102

[off topic]

My thinking is that I'll write a spider program to scour through the .dlg in the game searching for unknown animations. Then maybe I can compile a better list into DLGEditor. I'm sure many of these undocumented animations are only used by certain models, so I'll make sure to name them accordingly.

:bounce1:

Hey, that'd be so awesome! No more thinking, 'now where was that animation I saw once that'd be perfect here'... \o/

Archived