Home

Marvel Nemesis

lukeskywalker1

Have you guys seen the new fighting game Marvel Nemesis. Its got an interesting concept. It sounds simular to Marvel vs. Capcom.

EA Games has made a set of characters and made them fight Marvel Characters. Sounds pretty cool.

So the characters are:

Thing

Wolverine

johhny ohm

Daredevil

elektra

spider-man

Iron Man

Venom

Maybe more, my info could be wrong, also, I got it from some posts on a forum. Other characters I have seen screenshots of. Feel free to add/edit the list.

The main thing that bugs me is this screenshot. While the graphics look great, the characters don't seem to be in proportion. Venom is supposed to be huge, but Spidey looks at least equal, if not even more muscular than Venom.

It could just be the camera angle--

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/681/681939/img_2908841.html

While the game may seem promising, I worry about EA. They tend to rush and mess up many cool games :-\

Well, it looked and sounded rubbish until i read the ign preview.. which said it played like Powerstone (:D ) and the controls sounded quite cool.

Still, its not going to be on my list of games to buy (which is already pretty long and backed-up... so you gotta be pretty irresistable to get on that. )

What I want is a Batman The Animated Series version of Spiderman 2.

The entire city of gotham done in their cell-shaded type distinctive style... with the batmobile and jet to fly, ballons hovering above, rooftops to run over, crimes and mysteries to solve and the original voice actors.

Now THAT is a superhero game that might shoulder its way onto my list...;)

Originally posted by toms

What I want is a Batman The Animated Series version of Spiderman 2.

The entire city of gotham done in their cell-shaded type distinctive style... with the batmobile and jet to fly, ballons hovering above, rooftops to run over, crimes and mysteries to solve and the original voice actors.

Now THAT is a superhero game that might shoulder its way onto my list...;)

Oh sweet mother of god I'd kill each and every one of you to get a game like that.

Especially if I could play as Nightwing.

PS: When EA makes a game themselves, the Gameplay is completely craptastic.

Well, ET, I think that depends on the game.

Golden Eye: Rogue Agent had fun gameplay. The story sucked though, and didn't make much sense.

In 007 Everything or Nothing my only complaint was about the ending, it was really rushed. But other than that, great graphics, good story (till the ending)and fun gameplay. It had an interesting third person lock on system, which was cool, IMO.

LOTR the Third Age, on the other hand, was exactly the opposite. While the world detail was nice, the model skins were blurry, and storyline sucked so bad. They even cut out lines from the movie, and stuck them in places they didn't belong. And the main characters stupidity and giant ego at Helm's Deep made me almost happy when the cave trolls smashed him. The gameplay was boring, you could literally beat the game by pressing A and moving the control stick (with proper luck).

Archived