Home

The Dark Nest Trilogy [spoiler tags plz]

Prime

That Jacen is seemingly so close to the edge of the dark side (particularly from what I've heard of TUQ spoilers) is, IMO, further evidence of this - it's going to push Luke and the rest of the Jedi back in the right direction.
Plus, there are so many parallels between Jacen and Anakin Skywalker that it is hard to believe it is coincidence...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok im being lazy and cant be arsed to read the books so i got the audiobooks

So yeah anyway i've just been listening to the first one and um well the Ewok is bugging me i dunno its just not sitting right with me theres tons of other species they could've chosen for that role an ewok with a death mark just seems a bit silly.

Ok im being lazy and cant be arsed to read the books so i got the audiobooks

So yeah anyway i've just been listening to the first one and um well the Ewok is bugging me i dunno its just not sitting right with me theres tons of other species they could've chosen for that role an ewok with a death mark just seems a bit silly.

Im not sure how it comes across in the audiobooks, but reading it, I think that character is freakin awesome ! The idea of an ewok with attitude is just hilarious :D

mtfbwya

Im not sure how it comes across in the audiobooks, but reading it, I think that character is freakin awesome ! The idea of an ewok with attitude is just hilarious :D

mtfbwya

Um it comes across very silly like some sort of bizarro star wars universe ... wait isnt that all the EU set after ROTJ?

in all fairness im enjoying this series far more than the NJO which i hated! but im still not loving it and it still has along way to go before it feels even remotely star wars to me personally

• 3 weeks later...

For those interested in spoilers from the Swarm War...

http://p098.ezboard.com/funjoefrm81.showMessage?topicID=121.topic

One thing that, if true, will go a long way to rectifying some controversial aspects of the NJO. Personally, all I can say is w00t!! :)

Luke finally rejects Jacen's view of the Force. While he says it may work for Jacen, Luke does not believe in the Potentium and states that the Jedi will return to their old view of the Force.

For those interested in spoilers from the Swarm War...

http://p098.ezboard.com/funjoefrm81.showMessage?topicID=121.topic

One thing that, if true, will go a long way to rectifying some controversial aspects of the NJO. Personally, all I can say is w00t!! :)

Luke finally rejects Jacen's view of the Force. While he says it may work for Jacen, Luke does not believe in the Potentium and states that the Jedi will return to their old view of the Force.

Woo Star Wars EU finally heading the right direction! im personally looking forward to the the LOTF series the only post-rotj jedi series to have gotten me excited!

hehe... "OMG LUKE FIXES THE NJOz" :p

No need to spoiler tag that IMO... that much seems obvious.... Luke and his arcane potentium(that word again) is akin to the Catholic Church in the Dark Ages, denouncing anything that doesnt agree with his established law, and that his view of things is the absolute and correct one...

what Astro waits to see: Jacen to start his own academy...maybe we will see something like this in this in LOTF

The jedi's restricted views led to their near demise within the space of one generation... its greatest master having to hide like a rat near a swamp... perhaps if the jedi were not as narrow-minded anakin would never have been so likely to be swayed by the sith...

w00t for Jacen.... anyone who hasn't read "Traitor" or "The Unifying Force" wont get a true of idea of why jacen is the way he is in the post NJO books....

still, Ive read recent interviews with Sue Rostoni about this very subject and..........nah, I'll save it for later :p

mtfbwya

No need to spoiler tag that IMO... that much seems obvious.... Luke and his arcane potentium(that word again) is akin to the Catholic Church in the Dark Ages, denouncing anything that doesnt agree with his established law, and that his view of things is the absolute and correct one...
But he only denounces it after he sees first hand what it results in with regard to the Jedi order. The potentium theory has to some extent lead towards a Jedi civil war. And considering Jacen's actions and goals in Unseen Queen, I don't think Luke would want anyone following that path.

what Astro waits to see: Jacen to start his own academy...maybe we will see something like this in this in LOTF
Right now it looks like Jacen might be set up to be the the villian in that series. He would be a good one I think, and something different.

The jedi's restricted views led to their near demise within the space of one generation... its greatest master having to hide like a rat near a swamp... perhaps if the jedi were not as narrow-minded anakin would never have been so likely to be swayed by the sith...
But Anakin didn't follow the rules of the Jedi, that was part of the problem. I'm not saying the Jedi are free of responsiblility, but Anakin went his own way against the advice of others except Palpatine. It is not as if Anakin strictly followed the Jedi's rules and fell. I think ultimately Yoda was right. He was too old to begin the training, and we see why that "rule" was in place.

w00t for Jacen.... anyone who hasn't read "Traitor" or "The Unifying Force" wont get a true of idea of why jacen is the way he is in the post NJO books....
I think it is pretty clear why he is what he is from what is explained in this series. We understand his reasons for wanting genocide and using the Force to damage peoples' minds. The books are showing what problems arise from his philosphy.

But like I say, he would make a really good villian for TUF.

• 2 weeks later...

OK kids. Youve had your fun with Chicken.... Now back on topic !

I dunno...Im nearing the end of TJK(Finally) Theres been some very interesting things, but Jaina is starting to grate....

and the whole

shadow academy dark jedi

plot....bleh ! You cant expect characters who appeared in the

Young Jedi Knights Novels

to amount to anything good, IMO :(

Im hoping TUQ is better... damn those freakin ants....why cant they rebuild darksaber and arm it with a giant flyspray superlaser :p that'll fixem !

mtfbwya

Wait until you read The Swarm War...

Luke

....for the win!

[/Astro Edit]Primeski, Ive just added tags as spoilerific things can be inferred from that ! having not read it yet, I didnt know that was going to happen in the Swarm War.... :violin:

Im assuming you are saying Luke duels Jacen and Luke kicks his a$$ ???

mtfbwya

Archived