Home

Characters in KotOR III.

starmark2k

I desided to start this thread to find out what team members you would like to see. They can be new or returning, What species, classes, genders, etc should they be. What will their characters be and why would they be their helping your PC. (i know we don't know the storyline let but, you can still think of things for the characters) This is not about the PC but the people who will be working with you.

I would like to see the return of the droids T3 and HK, the game would not be the same without them and i think this is inevitable.

I'd also like to see a Trandoshan to join your team they have always been the enemy. so a Trandoshan soldier would be cool to have in my opinion and to contrast the trandoshans aggressiveness personality how about a sullustian scoundral to fly your ship (proberly the ebon hawk)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, I personally don't care who we get as party choices, so long as the choices aren't forced on you. I'd just like to be able to refuse help from some characters, and ask help from others in their place (sort of like what was done with tsl with disciple and handmaiden, and mira and hanharr, but I want to actually choose who will join me, not the game choosing for me).

I'd like to see HK and T3, the C3P0 and R2-D2 of Kotor...without them, Kotor would not be the same...perhaps Canderous too if he has more to say than in TSL: he really lost all his personality in that game.

Apart that, I don't really mind. I became more attached to the NPCs in Kotor 1 than in Kotor 2. In fact, Kreia being an exception, I found the NPC party members pretty bland in Kotor 2. Perhaps because of those dialogues that would repeast ad perpetuum until you gain enough influence.

I hope we will have more romantic options this time around. Kotor 2 was lacking in tht regard.

^^^^

agreed. although i thought that Visas was a bit fleshed out more than the rest of them, besides Kreia, of course.

and i personally would like to see more darkside-based characters join your party, particularly dark jedi. the whole thing with training characters to become Jedi (and turn them to the darkside) just wasn't quite the same. besides, it'd be nice to have some contrast to the many lightside characters in the two games.

I'd like to see HK and T3, the C3P0 and R2-D2 of Kotor...without them, Kotor would not be the same...perhaps Canderous too if he has more to say than in TSL: he really lost all his personality in that game.

HK and T3 without a doubt, I only hope that HK can keep his memory for a change.

I think reappearing twice is enough for Canderous, at least as a party member.

Unless we get some sort of mentor or teacher, I would like to be the only Jedi for a change.

And, why not have a Rodian in your party? I think that would be cool.

More aliens would be nice. A twilek force user on my team is quite appealing. And if the back story was worked well a Tusken Raider would be excellent.

I agree with the Twilek, force user or not (I missed having a twilek in the team in K2) but a Tusken Raider? I already have problems with the wookie language but it has nothing to see with Tusken Raider language...that is far from being soft on the ear ...it's almost comparable to selkath language IMHO :ears1: I think I would have to turn the sound off...

"Outlander" story line, they did a great job with making the Tusken Jedi A'Sharad.

A'Sharad Hett never worked for me. Neither did the Tusken Enclave in Kotor 1. The developers of both storylines tried their best to offer a new strange and alien mindset, but neither of them delivered - at least not for me. Both of them just felt really, really false. Both of them did the "honorable savage" but so awfully streamlined for a mainstream audience that it became as uninteresting as the Disciples story. A Tusken for party member will become the Disciple of K3. Complete with a boring and uniteresting characterization. Then I don't know how fun it will be to listen to a partymember speaking in guffaws and bellows all the way through the game.

A'Sharad Hett never worked for me. Neither did the Tusken Enclave in Kotor 1. The developers of both storylines tried their best to offer a new strange and alien mindset, but neither of them delivered - at least not for me.

I loved the A'Sharad character and I thought that they did a believable and good job in introducing him. I only wished they had used him in more story lines and truely give his character some life.

Both of them just felt really, really false. Both of them did the "honorable savage" but so awfully streamlined for a mainstream audience that it became as uninteresting as the Disciples story.

Really? I enjoyed it a lot, in fact the whole 'Worthy Of History" quest was something that I was looking forward to through the entire first half of the game. I guess it could be because I like the Sand People anyway that I am just biased.

A Tusken for party member will become the Disciple of K3. Complete with a boring and uniteresting characterization.

Ouch. . . that was just harsh.

Then I don't know how fun it will be to listen to a partymember speaking in guffaws and bellows all the way through the game.

I must admit that I didn't really think about that, while I enjoy the Tusken Raiders, it would probably put people off having to hear a Tusken party member speaking. Though for me, I know I could live with it and ejnjoy finding out about the character.

Though a problem does arise in that, unless the pc can speak the language, you would constantly have to have HK in order to translate and that may end up being a bit much.

It would be cool to have Hk-47 back, Im a little indiferent about T3.

and i personally would like to see more darkside-based characters join your party, particularly dark jedi. the whole thing with training characters to become Jedi (and turn them to the darkside) just wasn't quite the same. besides, it'd be nice to have some contrast to the many lightside characters in the two games.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

I'd love to see a much wider range of potential party members that you could choose your 9, or however many, from. It would lend the game an even greater sense of replayability if the choices you could make went beyond just Mira / Hanharr and Handmaiden / Disciple.

Apart from the two droids, I want brand new party members.

One of the most enjoyable things about playing these games is meeting new characters and having them join your party, and learning about their background. If party members from previous games join your party, then there's no real interaction since you already know who they are and all about their backstories.

I also agree with Dark_lord_Cheez and nas77. I thisk it would be nice if the team you had was made up of around 9 characters but you could chose from around 10-20. with the exception of T3, HK and possibly two other characters (the kreia/bastillia and atton/carth of the group) the rest would not be forced on you and you could pick and choose who you wanted. this could add new aspects to the game as like the hanharr/mira thing some will only join you in you are alligned the right way. some could be mercs who you have to pay to join you, or they offer their survices for some reasonn and you could either accept their help or till them were to stick it.

I to would like to see a twi'lek force user but i would like to see more alien force users in general

I think it would be cool if you would control Carth or Bastila (lightside pending) at the beginning of the game to get you to the system where the "true sith", revan, and the exile are. Then once you get there, they become part of your party like in KotOR 1. It would kind of give you a familiar aspect and then bam, new worlds (The mystery feeling that both KotOR's seem to give you).

Also, of course, have HK and T3 back.

I think the storyline in K2 was a lot more disconnected then K1 I agree with gonzzalez more aliens would be nice and more dark jedi and jedi based characters.

I also think T3 and HK should certintly come into the story they really influenced the last couple of games.

I wouldn't mind a jawa, but only without the hood. I really want to see what those little buggers look like. hehe

Really though, Hk-47 and T3 are a must, if only for continuity with the films.

I'd like Carth to come back. Obviously that would be a problem if you killed him in K1, but if you select K1 to have a lightside ending, I hope he at least makes an appearance.

A sullistan pilot? Yea, that would be cool. I love how the language sounds, so I want a sullistan part member.

Mission!!! I really missed her in K2. It would be cool if we found out she became a influential member of the Republic. Imagine a grown up "General Mission."

How about a new HK-60? I could see Hk-47 being jealous. Imagine the dialogue. Expecially if HK-60 was really humble and a lightsider and Hk-47 thought he was trying to "step on his toes." I just find the idea funny.

Id like a darkside charactor that was in your party no matter what your allignment. Preferably a Dark Jedi that relized he/she needs to help you because of mutual interest.

This is all just off the top of my head, but this is what I would like to see.

I think a new droid would be good for the story line. It would be cool if he was a different class of droid then HK and T3 that would add a little excitement to the storyline i think.

I think it would be good to add more jedi aleins and sith to your team.

i also think it would be cool if in the beggining you could choose to go the jedi accademy or the sith accademy so you can be a long time sith or a long time jedi.

I also think you should be able to have 9 characters but you choose them from about 20 characters in all.

These are just thoughts that ran through my brain so if you disagree just post something.

Mission!!! I really missed her in K2. It would be cool if we found out she became a influential member of the Republic. Imagine a grown up "General Mission."

Her appearance would have to depend on how you played K1...because there are 50% chances she is dead. Consequently, if Mission ever appears in the game, it would certainly not be for a major part.

As for more Aliens in my party, I am not sure. I have nothing against a twilek and perhaps another one but I wish they don't speak alien language as it gets pretty boring to listen to the same sounds all the time. Just imagine if Jolee would have been a Jawa...I would have never listened to his stories over and over :p

Archived