Home

Oh yeah.

Rubacava

So I wasn't going to post this until tomorrow, when I get pictures back, but, what the heck, I'll start today. (In other words, I cannot contain my excitement.) I give you.... THIS:

SignedGrim.jpg

For those who can't read what it says, it says "Dear Conley, Thanks for all the cookies! (Oh and for playing the game!) Tim S."

*squeeeee*

I got that copy of Grim Fandango soooo long ago. Yeah, it's official. It's in horrible condition though. As you can see, it's all taped together. Tim looked pretty shocked when he saw it, he was like "Ummm, did you get it like this?" And by the way, while on the subject, Tim Schafer is super-super nice.

Ok, here's us with Tim Schafer. He's really not as scary as he looks in this picture, the scanner made the image quality of all these pictures go waaaaay down.

Tim.jpg

While we were talking to him in his office, he wrote this address down on a piece of paper for a building that he said the Department of Death was based on in GF. We went looking for it the next day. Needless to say, we recognized it instantly.

Grimbuildingoutside.jpg

Here's the inside, gold elevators and all.

Grimbuildinginside.jpg

I have more pictures of everything (both Double Fine and the Grim Fandango building) and will post them if you'd like.

Damn, that is so cool (the DOD building). So Rubacava, when you at the Double Fine office did you look around for clues about what they were working on next, or did you ask Tim about it? BTW, your disk sleeve is in better condition than mine... I let my dumb brother in law borrow the game and he never played it, and by the time I got it back from him he had let my 18 month old neice tear it apart...

Wow, that building really is just like the DOD :o

I have the cardboard CD case too. It's what I got when I ordered the game from the LucasArts company store just after the game was released. Mine is in pretty good condition seeing as I've had it for 7 years and still take the discs in and out of the case pretty frequently to play the game.

There's nothing stopping me now! Ahahahaha! *runs to get gold paint*

Okay, that was a lie too. I don't own the house we're in, and I'm about to go to Japan for ten months. But when I return! Ah yes... when I return... *cackles evilly*

Archived