Home

Twilight Princess DELAYED

Lightsaberboy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lynk, your points are very clear, and those forbes numbers were very interesting.

Ive stayed quiet when you're attitude was directed towards me, but even as others try to make a comment, I think you're being condescending in alot of what you say. So what, people may not be entirely 100% aware of Nintendo's successes and strategies as you are. Its almost as if no one can post an *opinion* about Nintendo without you being there to pick it apart.

You are an unrelenting Nintendo propagandist.

I personally like Nintendo's products, as I have said I have a GC, a GBA and even a Game & watch Donkey Kong II - which Ive had since I was a kid :) This does not mean that I will spend every post I have writing the wrongs of peoples opinions about the gaming Co. I wouldnt do this for sony, or MS or damn anyone. Its just sad.

Plus the implication is there that I am a child and know nothing about the gaming industry.

yes, thats the vibe Im getting from Lynk in alot of what he's saying here. I wish he could share the knowledge he does have without those undertones.

*tries to remember a time when console theads were fun*

mtfbwya

Ive stayed quiet when you're attitude was directed towards me, but even as others try to make a comment, I think you're being condescending in alot of what you say. So what, people may not be entirely 100% aware of Nintendo's successes and strategies as you are. Its almost as if no one can post an *opinion* about Nintendo without you being there to pick it apart.

If you haven't already noticed Astro, but each individual is acting the same way towards eachother. The view you have of me stems from our rocky past where you and I have clashed many times. Yes, there is a much debating going on and I know that people aren't aware of many things, and I know that I am not aware of many things. But I am stating my opinion as are others. Whether it sounds condescending or not come from a point of view. Which in your case leans in a certain direction because of our previous encounters.

That being said, I attack the arguements but never the person. I'm actually have a lot of fun with this because what Prime and Mike are both saying are very good points and it's fun to counter them.

You are an unrelenting Nintendo propagandist.

Maybe, or maybe I'm just having fun debating about something.

I personally like Nintendo's products, as I have said I have a GC, a GBA and even a Game & watch Donkey Kong II - which Ive had since I was a kid :) This does not mean that I will spend every post I have writing the wrongs of peoples opinions about the gaming Co. I wouldnt do this for sony, or MS or damn anyone. Its just sad.

Good for you.

yes, thats the vibe Im getting from Lynk in alot of what he's saying here. I wish he could share the knowledge he does have without those undertones.

Again Astro, you're coming at me this way because of old arguements we've had in the past.

*tries to remember a time when console theads were fun*

If you're not enjoying it then you don't have to take part in it.

If Doom 1 and 2 can be sold in this day and age I think people will buy Twilight Princess by the truckloads eventhough it may be a GameCube game.
But that has nothing to do with my point. I'm not doubting or commenting on the ability of the game to sell.

Like I said at the start of my post, you're looking at Nintendo as if they were Sony or Microsoft. I also love the fact that you're giving Nintendo advice on how they should proceed when in the end they've made more profit than Sony and obviously Microsoft.
I am not given them advice of any sort. I was only pointing out that it is a very common business tactic to encourage customers to switch to new technology by offering exclusive content. And that was in response to the comments saying that it would be foolish for a company to not make that content available to older platforms. The fact is it is not foolish, and in fact is done all the time. that is where my comment ends. I was using TF and the Revolution as a hypothetical example since that is what the thread is about.

Nintendo ARE good at what they do, no they're GREAT at what they do.
Sure they are. A lot of companies are. Companies can take pride in what they produce. But if what they create is quality and doesn't sell, they will stop doing it because they are obligated to.

Actually generating money in any sense isn't absolute, it's extremely relative. Just because a game is sold cheaper than other games doesn't mean it won't generate as much revenue. It may be the case where Twilight Princess was cheaper to create, sold MANY units and generated a TONNE of cash compared to a nextgen game of the same calibur.
That may be true. And if it turns out that releasing TF on both consoles will generate the most money in the long run, that is what Nintendo will do. If making it exclusive to the Revolution will make them the most money in the long run, they should do that instead. Doesn't make them bad.

Now I know what everyone is going to say now "oh no Nintendo have lost, etc, etc, too late in the game, blah blah, they're gonna fail." If you think that then you should reread my comments about how little people understand Nintendo and their great success.
I've not making any comment on the console wars or how Nontendo will fair. At least at this time :D

You don't know that for a fact though do you seeing as you haven't managed a successful billion dollar company...
But we do know that for a fact. That is because Nintendo is legal obligated to the shareholders to do so. And since I do work for a publicly traded company, I know that the bottom line is what matters, because that is how we are legally required to operate. That is in part why publicly traded companies need to file quarterly financial reports to the exchanges.

If it was discovered that the CEO and executives of Nintendo were running the company without the bottom line being the #1 priority, then the board of govenors (as the representatives of the shareholders who have invested in this publicly traded comapny) would then be obligated to remove the CEO and executives from their positions. There would also be investigations by whatever stock exchanges Nintendo trades on due to the negligence of the executive. The shareholders would also then have the right to take legal action against Nintendo for misuse of their investment capital.

who everyone seems to doubt but makes bucket loads of money anyway.
I know they make lots of money. I wasn't commenting on their financial situation, only on how they are responsible to their shareholders.

I do agree that Nintendo could make more money, and yes, seeing as it is a business people think that should be their only goal in these matters. But if it was then they would be just like Sony or Microsoft. And as I keep saying, Nintendo are NOT like Sony and Microsoft.
Ah, but that is not the difference between Nintendo and Microsoft/Sony. Since they are all publicly traded companies, they are all legal obligated to their shareholders to make the most money possible. The difference between Nintendo and say Microsoft is that Nintendu seems to follow the legal rules and guidelines of business practices and work within the law as a whole. Microsoft on the otherhand attempts to bend and even break the law to gain an advantage.

Having the bottom line be the top priority to not mean a company like Nintendo won't make good products that the customers will want and enjoy. Developing quality products is usually the best way to to make money.

Despite their great profits, Nintendo is committed to furthering gaming through their own unique ways. The goal of Sony and Microsoft is to dominate the market and to consume.
Well, that may be their mantra, and most companies have something like it. And they may be working towards that. My company does the same thing. But make no mistake, they do what they do because it think it will make them the most money. They are not doing it because they are "swell guys." :) But it doesn't make the company or the people who work for it evil.

Yeah, exactly, and Nintendo have MANY exclusives, more than the other two, and making Twilight Princess a GameCube game won't make it any less exclusive, but it will make it more accessable to whoever owns a GameCube AND Revolution. And yes, Nintendo will want you to switch from the GameCube to the Revolution, but again, I say you're looking at TP as if it was a shining beacon of success where if Nintendo doesn't take advantage they will fail.
I haven't been commenting on whether Nintendo should make TF exclusive to the Revolution or not. I was only using it as a hypothetical example. They should do what will make them the most money.

It isn't, and as I keep saying, Nintendo already has a lineup of OTHER games to attract people to the Revolution. Yet still, you keep persisting that Nintendo will fail without Twilight Princess. And yet again, you're confusing Nintendo with the likes of Sony and Microsoft with those kinds of views. I'm sorry if I'm not interpreting you correctly, but this is how it looks to me.
I'm sure the Revolution will have all sorts of good games. I'm not talking about that. And while I agree that Nintendo probably follows better business practices than Microsoft, they are in fact the same in their legal obligations because they are all publicly traded companies.

And as I keep saying over and over, don't look at Nintendo as all these other companies.
They may be "better citizens" of the business world, but they are the same in a legal and shareholder sense.

Don't make me repeat myself Prime, you so know what I'm going to say since I've said it so many times before already in this post :p
Same here :p

Hmm... not exactly "woe is me, we're being outmatched by another company" concern. Not even concern, it's standard business practice. Your sales slump you make cuts. It's really nothing to be concerned about. Unless they outright say they're generally concerned I see no reason to believe they're concerned. And mike, if nintendo really said that I'm sure we'd hear it constantly from the anti-nintendo guys. But we haven't therefore I highly doubt anything of the like was ever said.

heh... those epic "clashes in the past" you are referring to, you make us sound like superheroes battling for good and/or evil ... :D

If you're not enjoying it then you don't have to take part in it.

now *that* is a good idea !!

*recedes into shadows*

mtfbwya

Alright, after much discussion in this thread and finally over MSN, Mike, Prime and I have finally come to up with what we agree upon and what we do not agree upon.

• We all agree that Twilight Princess, as would any other game being released in this transitional period between generations, would have the portential to boost Revolution sales.
  • We all agree that Nintendo has an obligation to make a maximum amount of profit from Twilight Princess.
  • However we disagree about the way this is done. One side says that TP has more portential for long term profit if it were a Revolution game to attract more people into buying a Revolution. The other says that it has a better chance as a GameCube game due to accessability to a larger more established audience.
  • We do agree that either way, the persons involved in the debate all do not have the full facts to be able to determine if what they are saying has any weight over the others arguement. All is based on speculation.

Agreed? Anything else anyone wish to add before I close this thread once and for all?

*gives everyone a cookie each*

It was fun debating about all of this, and despite Astro trying to demonise me, we all got agressive, I did feel that my "opponents" were aggressive with their points but I expected that to happen.

In the end, we all had fun and came to an understanding.

*group hug*

Archived