Home

Twilight Princess DELAYED

Lightsaberboy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Twilight Princess.... could they not have come up with a more childish and girlier name?? It'll probably get shipped with Twilight Princess Barbie on her Twilight Princess Unicorn [/nauseated]

mtfbwya

Oh grow up. :p

It doesn't matter how late they release this game, it will run on the Revolution so people with GCNs and Revolutions can play (its a smart marketing technique, in my opinion)

They are not fixing a major bug, did you read the article? They are adding NEW LEVELS. Crap, this game could be huge. Remember OoT on N64? All the NPCs and such, it was huge? They are doing it again.

Hehehe, to make up for the release date being pushed back, Nintendo should give us a pic of good old Ganondorf!!! :D :D :D

Ironically the screenshots don't do the game ANY justice. They're all so washed out and dull while the demo showed a very bright and more detailed world that's a billion times better than what these shots show.

I think the screenshots are amazing, but if you say the real game looks better... well.. then I am even more excited!

Oh well, I was going to just grab this for Christmas. They said the game will not be released before March 2006.

Twilight Princess.... could they not have come up with a more childish and girlier name?? It'll probably get shipped with Twilight Princess Barbie on her Twilight Princess Unicorn [/nauseated]

Its called that because their are two rhelmes, a normal one and a twilight rhelme. I guess the princess (zelda) is trapped in the Twilight rhelme. Maybe the two rhelmes are merging or conflicting with each other because of Ganon (hence monsters entering the normal rhelme?)

What, you mean, the final very anti climactic fight where you deflected shots back at him? :p

Yeah, the final conflict this time will hopefully be a cool showdown of swordsmanship.

(Now if only they could make the final battles of Final Fantasy look awesome)

Hopefully Kingdom Hearts 2 will be out before this game, otherwise people will be saying it copied zelda >_>

@ lukeskywalker1: The Twilight Realm is more like an infection that is poisoning Hyrule more than another dimension. Nothing is known about what this realm actually represents but it has been hinted that Ganondorf isn't the one responsible for the twilight... yada yada yada, *can't be bothered going into further detail* But of course

And as far as last battles go, the Ocarina of Time Ganon battle may have been easy and repetative, but GODDAMN it have a really cool feel to it. The music, the lightning in the background, how Ganon towered over you, it was all so damn cool!! XD

Oh ok.

Yeah, the OoT battle was great, and that unexpected transformation into Ganon was... amazing.

The thing is, I always imagined link and ganondorf in a sword fight. Too bad it didn't happen. It did in Windwaker, but really... a 10 year old kid fighting a 500+ year old man? I hope Ganondorf has his two swords (or the big sword, in the spaceworld 2000 video/SSBM)

Whats up with all the gushing over the screenshots? I'm only just starting to work through them but they don't look that impressive to me.

The npcs in the first crowd one have really low-poly counts and bad textures. Look at the head of the guy in the middle front! And the guy clipped through the shelf on the right. The kid running in the 2nd town one has tiny deformed legs!

The wolf in the snow one looks like an n64 shot.

Link looks cool, but the other characters seem to have really low poly counts and be pretty angular. Even epona.

I thought the older shots of the fight on horseback were more impressive... but then I suppose things have moved on a bit graphically since then.

I have my suspicions that they were having trouble with the horse riding controls, but thats just me.

Like I said, the screenshots don't give the game any justice, the demo looks very different from any of the screens shown, a lot more detailed and it seemed to have a higher polygon count.

The difference has been noticed by many who have compared shots from the E3 demo with screenshots and trailer footage.

the graphics in the screenshots look pretty similar to when i played it at E3, and they were fine for me. horeback controls were pretty good too, pretty easy to get the hang of.

Are you kidding? I've seen the comparisons, the effects on the demo were so much better. more colourful, brighter. And that's not just comparing screenshots to a live demo, it's comparing the trailers to the demo too.

My guess is that they've taken a bunch of screenshots from a slightly earlier version (older than the E3 demo) and just release them periodically to make people happy.

I guess a lot of the charm of zelda games does come from the LIFE they breath into their characters through cool animation etc... SO I'm sure the cities would look much better in motion... can't help but be a little underwhealmed though, as these are all i have to go on.

Is there anything else good on the GCN horizon for now? Once I've finished Symphonia I'm thinking i might flog mine and by a ps2 to play Shadow of the Colossus (better screenshots than TP BTW) as i figure i can probably buy a gamecube again cheap by the time it comes out... or get it for the revolution.

It'll be just my luck for me to sell my GCN and then a great game come out...

That said, i'm STILL waiting for Tales of Symphonia to drop to a decent price... isn't there a PS2 version...hmmm...

Nah, I don't think there is anything too good coming out this Christmas now. But check out some older games on GCN that were great, like MGS TTS... or Xmen Legends (on PS2 also)

If I didn't have a GCN I would just buy the revolution and pick up this Zelda game. Also, wait a little while before buying a PS2... the price is expected to drop to around $100 in a few months. That extra $50 could be spent on a new game for the system.

Have they released a Zelda Demo on GCN disk at all? If so... I got to get it. Lynk, where did you play it?!

Archived