Home

Combat Simulation Arena v4

stoffe

I can't install. This is what I get when using the patcher:

Error: Unhandled exeption: Cannot create file "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotor2\Dialog.tlk" . Toegang Geweigerd (0)

Toegang Geweigerd = Acces Denied

Make sure your dialog.tlk file is not write protected. Right-click it in windows and pick "Properties" (or whatever it's called in your language version. It's the one at the bottom) option in the context menu. Should be a checkbox where the file can be write protected. Remove that check and try again.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

combat simulation v4

it goes back to desktop when i try to exit the area.

it loads a bit then when the loading bar is 1/4 it stops for a while then goes back to desktop.

EDIT: Its the same problem discussed in the previous pages of this thread.

• 3 weeks later...

it goes back to desktop when i try to exit the area.

it loads a bit then when the loading bar is 1/4 it stops for a while then goes back to desktop.

EDIT: Its the same problem discussed in the previous pages of this thread.

need help. :( on that ^^.

Since I cannot make that error happen in my own game while playing (it has not crashed during transitions to/from the arena even once during all my testing and playing) I'm not sure what I can do about it, unless someone can offer some input on what might be going on.

A wild guess is that it might be a conflict with some other mod you have installed (which I haven't). Could you try to temporarily remove all other mods and see if it still crashes? You'd probably need to start a new game for the test to be effective to get rid of potentially corrupt data that might be present in the save game file. If it still crashes with an otherwise unmodded game during a new game a mod conflict can probably be ruled out.

Another wild guess is it might somehow be hardware related. How much RAM does your computer have, what graphics card do you have and how much VRAM does it have?

ok ill try.

If you remove all other mods to test be sure to reinstall the arena mod from scratch too, since other mods may have messed with the common files. If the crash happens every time you try to exit the arena without exception I suspect that some other mod may have overwritten the globalcat.2da file. The arena mod uses a new global variable added this file to keep track of which area you came from. If this variable is missing it will try to transition back to a non-existing module which will cause the game to crash.

ram: 256

v-card: nvdia 5200 128

256 MB RAM is very low. It's possible the game might be running out of memory, though you'd think that would happen when you transition to the arena module rather than from it. And if you can use other mods that add new areas this is probably not the case.

ok i got it working without the other mods.

now ill try to run it again with the other mods active and ill take note of

• Modifying file "globalcat.2da" found in Override folder...

• Saving unaltered backup copy of globalcat.2da in G:\SW\Kotor2\Mods\CSArena4\CSArena4\CSArena4\backup\globalcat.2da

• Updated 2DA file G:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\override\globalcat.2da.

Edit: ok i removed the original globalcat.2da from override folder and now it works even with the other mods.

• 3 weeks later...
yes revan is almost impossible. btw what force power is he using to heal himself?

The Darth Revan combatant is meant to be one of the most difficult challenges in the Arena so she has some unique powers as well as some more specific AI enhancements.

Arena Darth Revan has a special Leech power she can use at most twice during a battle when dropping below 25% health. It will drain enough health from nearby enemies to fully heal all injuries, split equally between all nearby enemies (i.e. if you have a party of three each party member will have 33% of the required health drained from them), along with an equal amount of Force Points. Thus in a duel this power can become quite dangerous since all the health will be drained from the one opponent.

A successful Will save will reduce the VP/FP drained from you to DRevan by 66%. Darkside damage resistance/immunity can further reduce the amount drained.

Aside from that Arena Revan also has a special Force Confusion power that makes party members (or hostile NPCs) temporarily attack their allies for the duration, though the player controlled character is immune and will only be stunned instead. This will only be used if there is more than one opponent, and as such isn't used during duels.

She also has a Shockwave power used for crowd control. It's somewhat similar to Force Wave but does less damage and has a smaller blast radius, but can't be resisted.

Other than that Darth Revan has a special AI enhancement that makes her try to keep her Force Immunity power active at all times (if it expires or you Breach it she'll try to cast it again ASAP). Likewise she'll use Breach on you if she sees you cast any Buff powers. She'll also use Force Crush a lot more often than other AI opponents (except Darth Traya) will.

Not an easy opponent, but then she isn't supposed to be easily beaten either. Using shields, stims, grenades, protection gear, buff/defense powers, breach etc should be necessary. :p

I watched a few Duels Like Traya vs Revan.

All i can say is, thumps up! Finally there are intelligent enemies in Kotor. I always thought the poor AI is one of the main reasons why the game is too easy.

One odd thing though: When I fought duels with my PC, my life droppped to 1 (through normal combat) and then it stayed at that for a while. I absorbed a few 1000 damage before I had lost the duel...

One odd thing though: When I fought duels with my PC, my life droppped to 1 (through normal combat) and then it stayed at that for a while. I absorbed a few 1000 damage before I had lost the duel...

Hmm, I thought I had fixed that bug in the last released version. Seems like it's in the not yet released one instead then. :) It could happen with the current version if you have lots of Health Regeneration items (or buffs). The fix should eliminate that problem; no idea when/if it will be released though.

• 3 months later...

Yeah. it's till your bored.

I can't find it.

Devon. What happened to the Modified ai mod?

Edit: Never mind found it. http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Improved_AI;68905

This will help you with the weak ai.

Edit again: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Party_XP_Bug_Fix;71010

This will help gain more XP

• 1 month later...

i have a problem! hers what the installog says:

• Installation started 23-10-2007 21:46:47...

• Appending strings to TLK file "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\dialog.tlk"

• Error: Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\dialog.tlk". Toegang geweigerd (0)

''toegeng geweirgerd'' is dutch, (my pc is dutch) it means acces denied.

what do i do?

i see this is mentoned before. still thanks for giving the sollution :D\

BTW lol my override folder is 177 MB :p

new error :( after i installed the "remote tells your influence mod" (~by TK102) the game crashes either the moment i press the button to teleport me, or half through the loading process. whats the problem?

hmm...its not the remote mod, i got it outta my override folder, and it still happened...what now?

hmmm...now THIS is odd....in the ebown hawn and its exterior the game crashed if i use the armband, but when i first go to another area (where u have to load first) then it works...now THAT is odd

hmmm...now THIS is odd....in the ebown hawn and its exterior the game crashed if i use the armband, but when i first go to another area (where u have to load first) then it works...now THAT is odd

Sorry, I can't really fix a problem I can't reproduce. I've never had the game crash while transitioning to the Arena module from any part of the game. I suspect it might have something to do with a conflict with another mod that people experiencing this problem have installed, but I do not have. Might also be that some files have been overwritten by another mod. Have you installed other mods after you installed the arena mod?

Is this compatible with your Improved AI or High Level Force Powers mod? Or will those mess up the enemy AI somehow?

It should work with both. The arena combatants are running their own variant of the combat AI (based on the Improved AI) so they shouldn't be affected by any changes to the default AI scripts.

The force power mod should also work, though the new powers won't be used by any of the arena combatants, so it'll only be useful for your character and party members.

@stoffe: its weird, it only happens at dantooine :p with my other char (sith lord lvl 20 i think) it doesnt happen, and he is on korriban.bottom line: its weird, but the arena still works :D great mod!

and about the music thing, can't you just turn off ingame music and turn on wmp/winamp/itunes etc. ?

• 1 month later...

Archived