Home

Godmode War III: Secrets of the Game

Writer

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Wow!" the inspector exclaimed. "Usually, people in your situation would fall into a life of crime... I'm impressed."

He turned to Jack. "As you know, I'm trained to search for viruses..."

"Do you feel the need to explain that every time you come?" Jack sighed. The inspector laughed.

"No, but it's fun to see your reaction," he said. "It's different every time."

"So this'll take another hour, right?" Tara muttered. The inspector nodded. He went to the nearest workstation.

"The sky's all wrong," he said. "You might want to work on it before release."

"None of us were working on the sky," Jack said, sounding terribly puzzled.

"Joke... er, Kurt did that a little bit ago," Tara said. "I think he was trying to make it easier to see what he was doing with the trees."

"Nice tree work, Mr. Reynolds," the inspector said. "But I suggest making the sky your next job."

He went back to work.

((hey, sorry guys. I was away for a bit. Venice is nice this time of year ;-). I might be on and off for the next few weeks, sorry if it mucks things up. It shouldnt be for too long))

Troezen looked over the computer as the inspector went around the system. "So, just wondering. What's the advantage of a suit anyway?"

He walked over to his computer and sat down. "Wake me up when something interesting happens."

-------------

Adam called. "come in Trent." He quickly closed the programe with the viruses. Even if Trent knew what he was looking for, it would take him days to find the single lines of bad programe.

"Get me one if your up." Troezen called. He started to check his emails. He had one that shocked him.

"Hey guys, listen to this: I've got a friend who works for Adam and Trent, he's sort of a mole. He says that they've only just finished the main setup of the system and that they've probably got weeks to go before they can start on the realistic elements. We're probably months ahead of them, and apparently we aren't even rushing." He nodded to Tara and Jack.

He shut his emails and spoke to the inspector. "Found anything good yet?"

----------------

Adam was waiting for Trent to walk in after having knocked on the door and then Adam called for him to come in. (( ;-) ))

((oh, WYI, Tara, Jack and co might be working on thier own on the system, but Adam and Trent are using the programers that helped Adam in the first game.))

"It's all legitimate program," the inspector answered. "My employers are going to be disappointed. "They wanted to have a reason to shut you down, but you're not giving them that reason... hey what was that you said about somebody named Adam? And Trent?"

"They're working on a game?" Jack exclaimed. He swore softly and Tara put her hand over his mouth. He took her hand and said, "Sorry. Well, it's good we're ahead."

"But knowing Adam, he's got some of the old programmers helping him," Tara pointed out. "He may not have started quite as long ago as we have... he may be catching up."

"I'd hoped he was out of our lives for good," Jack said. "But Trent? Trent must have gotten him out of prison time..." he swore again. "Sorry... this just makes me mad and on edge."

"Me too, Jack," Tara said quietly. The inspector closed out of anything he'd been looking at on the computer.

"Well I wish you all the best of luck," he said. "And about this Adam guy..." He turned to Troezen. "See if you can get your friend to tell you where they're located. I'd love to pay them a visit... and my employers would love to send me."

"Remind me again who you work for," Jack said. The inspector took out a card.

"Anti-Game Association," he said. "They don't want any versions of this thing online. I disagree that the game is a bad thing... played it myself once before it went haywire on ya. It was pretty cool. I'd leave the AGA, but they give me a very generous pay check twice a week... so if I can bug another game creator enough to assure you guys stay in the lead, I'd like to do that."

((I guess I just got a third character... :p though he's not quite as active as the other two... I'll give him a name eventually... :) ))

"I'll do what I can," the inspector said. "Troezen, tell Jack when you've got a response from your friend. Jack, when he tells you, call me. You have my card."

"Thanks, Mr. Ericson," Jack said. The inspector smiled.

"Call me Jim," he said. With a wave, he left. Jack let out a sigh.

"Nice guy," he said. Then, he turned to the others. "Back to work."

He went back to his computer and Tara went back to get in the game.

"Uh..." Jack was unprepared for the question. "Sure."

Tara was back in the game and staring up at the purple sky. "Crazy..." she muttered absentmindedly. "I am Queen of the Alien Planet Goober..."

The words came up on all three computers and Jack laughed. He spoke into the microphone. "Then I must be King."

"Did I say that out loud?" Tara wondered. She laughed, signified on the screen by 'LOL'. "Oops... um, yeah, I guess you're King."

((i thought that they knew that Adam and Trent were doing their version. Oh well, I'll work from here))

"This bit could be like an easter egg. If you find something in the game, in a back corner or something."

Troezen quickly got typing to his friend. He asked where they were making the game, who was working there and anyway to delay the game.

Troezen sipped the coffee that Jokemaster had just given him and walked over to Tara.

"Can I talk to you for a minute in the office?" He said, indicating to a door leading into a small room, which they used as an office for official buisness.

Archived