Home

Godmode War III: Secrets of the Game

Writer

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((i hope you mean your far away down a hall aiming at him, this guy is a friggen CIA agent :p))

"Still on your side, I never was with Adam. It wasn't me that got him out of his death sentance, however I, and the CIA knew someone would, I needed to find who that was, becasue at the moment he is bigger than Adam, and yeah I shot at you, I did because i was ordered to kill anyone who was impeding my progress, and that meant you guys. I have years of experience in killing people I was just working with so don't think I am bull****ting."

Jokemaster laughed.

"You self-indulgent, pompous, melodramaticass. You think that a social life counts as just getting a girl? Not only that, one girl turns you down and you spend the rest of your life moping about it? You're the one that gives us geeks a bad name."

"Enough," Tara said. Her voice was low, barely heard, but she made sure the people in the car could hear it. "What's done is done. Things have happened and there's nothing we can do to change them. Let the past be what it is."

She turned around to face Adam. "Do you understand?"

Without waiting for an answer, she went on. "Now I need to know why you're so intent on killing Trent. What went wrong? Didn't he get you out of death? And now you're trying to kill him?" She shook her head. "I'm not buying it. Talk to me."

Adam sighed and shook his head. "Who said I wanted to kill him? I just want him out of my hair. You know that im making my own version of the game, well... he's slowing down the process. Just between us... rivals, he's making us go too slowly and you will be on the shelves before we have even finished making the first level."

He closed the window. "Also, I dont believe he's on my side, he's too far against me and after all hes's been through to try to kill me, I have no reason to trust him - other than the fact he kept me out of prison. But then that gives you no real reason to trust me either now, does it?"

-----

Troezen tried to understand what was going on. "You're saying that you were working with adam to find out who adam's working for? Its simple to work out that adam works for no one. And anyway, why should i trust you?"

((he doesn't, but let trent think that - it makes it interesting))

Troezen laughed. "well, if we trust adam, then i suppose that we can trust you. So what do you suggest we do? You cant go to jokemaster's house, adam will see you. Where should we go?"

((yes i said JM's house, troezen's tricking him))

----------

Adam sat silently. He couldnt be bothered to have another argument. They just didnt understand.

((So what exactly is there to do now? Adam is with Jack, Tara, and JM... Troezen and Trent are off talking somewhere and Jack and Tara are rather on edge thanks to Adam being with them and Trent attacking the place they've been working on the Game... so they're really not interested in a lot of talking unless it comes from Adam.))

Jack got out of the car and led the way into the house. When the door closed behind the last person in, he pulled his gun out of his pocket and pointed it at Adam.

"Give me one good reason I shouldn't blow a hole in you right now for what you've done to me and Tara," he growled. Tara gently pulled his hand down and took the gun from him.

"Jack's a little overwound right now," she apologized. Then, her voice hardened. "But you do have some explaining to do. Why is it that you've been opposing us from the beginning and yet you now come to us and ask for help? Things like that don't happen. Explain."

"fair question." adam answered, "it's about trent. I've been trying to get my virtual reality game made and he keeps holding it back - even more than the government. He is up to something and he wants me out of the picture, so i decided to turn the tables on it and get rid of him. I came to you because you needed the help. Although, you are clearly alright without me, so shall we go back to doing what we do best?"

Adam got his gun out and pointed it at jack, "Are we happy now?"

---------------

((im gonna try and get troezen and trent back in the action))

"If you want to get to adam then you'll have to come with me." Troezen lead trent to his bike, "get on".

"Down the hallway," Tara told Jokemaster. "Take the painting to the left of the first door off the wall and pull down on the nail. That'll open the wall. Take what you want. The ammo's there too."

"So Trent's holding you back," Jack said thoughtfully, seeming to ignore the gun in his face. "I can understand you wanting to get rid of him. And you want our help in doing so?" He fell silent for a few moments. "We'll help you on one condition."

"Jack?" Tara asked. She was rather surprised at Jack's sudden change of opinion.

"The condition is this," Jack went on, ignoring his wife. "When Trent's out of your picture, you stay out of ours. We'll be rival gaming companies... no more, no less. In other words, you don't come sabotage our game, we won't sabotage yours. We won't hunt you down, you won't hunt us down. Do we have a deal?"

Troezen sent a quick text message to Tara, he didnt let trent see it:

im bringing trent there is that ok?

Troezen rode off. He had trent behind him. He wondered how after being allies in and out of the game, they had come to this.

"so what did you mean when you said adam was working for someone?"

--------------

Adam thought for a moment, then lowered his gun.

"I suppose that's fair. I was only after you because you destroyed my dream, but now my dream is being made under my direction and without Trent, there is very little in my way. So, how do you suggest we get rid of trent?"

Troezen didnty get a reply, he went the long way around and resent the text, he didnt have the time or the hands to retype it.

"Do you think adam knows that someone is helping him? It seems that adam only works for himself."

------------------------------

Adam stared at Jokemaster, "thank you for that comment." He said very sarcasticly.

He looked around, "nice place you've got here. Im going to assume top security systems and your computers are 100% hackproof. Am i right?"

"Certainly," Jack answered. "When we entered the system really seriously wanted to kick your ass out the door... you should be glad I didn't let it."

"Troezen sent the message again," Tara interrupted. "Should I tell him it's ok to bring Trent?"

"I dont know who to trust today. I'm just doing as im told." Troezen told trent

-----------

"Tell him what you want. I know you well enough to know that you wont take my oppinion, purly because its me: If i say bring him here you will send him away. But if i say leave him out there, then you wont want to leave troezen out there, so you will bring them in. And that is all because I said it."

Adam smiled to himself, "but if you want my oppinion, then tell troezen to drop trent off a cliff for me and to come here and celebrate with me. Sound ok to you?"

Archived