Home

Godmode War III: Secrets of the Game

Writer

((Hold on, Curt. The building is small... probably not more than 2 or 3 stories and there are no other businesses in it. The stairs are locked off... you might be able to get to the stairs, but to come out onto the main floor, you'd have to break down the door.))

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trenet was heading up the stairs when he heard someone yell. He followed the sound up, it came from the second floor anyway. He tried the door, this was locked too, he picked it again. He used his fibre optic cable again to see down the halls, empty, but some of the rooms were lit. He opened the door and crouched-walked.

Tara reacted immediately, grabbing the shotgun she and Jack kept in the office and running out shotgun in one hand and a rope in the other. She smashed a window and tied the rope just inside the window.

"Jack and I are prepared for something like this," she told Jokemaster. "Get down the rope as fast as you can... I'll be along in a minute."

Saying this, she ran over to one of the computers and typed in a string of code. The program began deleting itself. Then, she ran to the window and started down the rope.

Tara spun around and fired off a poorly aimed shotgun blast as she screamed out the window at Jokemaster. "Don't bother with safety... just get off the rope!"

She fired another shot and slid down the rope as quickly as she could. She pulled Jokemaster with her as she ran around one side of the building. This put them on the street and Tara led them into a nearby store and out the back of that store. Then, she started pounding on the back of another door. When it was opened, she pushed her way in, pulling Jokemaster inside with her and closed the door.

With so many buildings nearby, Trent would have to be incredibly lucky to find them now. She turned to the person who opened the door. "Strange, huh? A stranger pounds on your door and she has a shotgun in hand... do me a favor. If somebody else comes in here looking for us, delay him as long as you can."

Turning to Jokemaster, she said, "Come on... we'll see if we can get to the roof."

((he'd better have))

Adam sat there in silence, they were nearly at the building. "So, when we get to the building, what's going to happen?"

Troezen looked at Adam in disgust. "I thought you were the one with the plan!"

"No, i just know how to get to Trent. This is all you."

"Fine, when we get there I'll find Tara and Jokie and you and jack can find Trent. We'll phone each other when we have done what we need. How's that sound?"

Trent ducked in a doorway then poped out to see the the rope and no Tara. He looked out the window and saw Jokie and Tara running around a corner. He slid down the rope and when he turned the corner he couldn't see them.

"Damnit." Trent took out his cellphone and called Adam. "Mission abort, I lost them."

Adam suddenly felt his phone ring.

it was trent: "Mission abort, I lost them."

"Keep looking. I'm on my way there now anyway. Jack and Troezen came in and I'm following them. I'll go after Tara and. Who else is there?"

Adam didnt know that jokemaster had joined in.

Troezen sat silently listening. "I dont trust him. How do we know that he isnt just using us to destroy the game or to even kill us?" He whispered into Jack's ear.

"Know this, Adam," Jack said when Troezen had run to the building. "I really don't trust you. There's a gun pointing at you at this very moment, do you understand? If you do something..." he gestured to his own right hand, which was buried in his jacket pocket. "... you'll not live to regret it. Got it?"

"i understand" said adam. "and so you know, I'm also armed" He ran towards the back of the building. They could here footsteps and thought they should be close.

-----

Troezen had run into the building. He went into the main work area and could see the programe deleting itself. Troezen knew this meant someone had been in the building and Tara had thought it safer to delete the programe - but she still had her backup.

Troezen was getting worried. It seemed that at least part of what adam was saying was true.

He walked on some more. He found a rope out of the window. Troezen ran to his desk and got out a pistol and some ammo - they were always prepared.

Troezen put the gun in his pocket and climbed down the rope.

Archived