Home

What do you NOT want in KOTOR III?

Blaze629

I aggree the Ebon Hawk was cool but it does die on Malachor. Go to the menu and go to movies and go to like the "death of the ebon hawk"or something like that, dont quote me on the name. but it does show the Ebon Hawk falling into the depths of malachor and it is destroyed.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally I think G0T0 is the only interesting character in TSL and the only one with a backstory.

I agree! G0-T0 is also a true patriot of the Republic... Once you start talking to him he is really cool!

but it does show the Ebon Hawk falling into the depths of malachor and it is destroyed.

Or so they want you to think! :xp:

I don't really care about whether the Ebon Hawk makes a comeback, but I definitely do not want a new story: it would make the ending of TSL a hundred times worse than it already is. Besides, most of the events in the two games, barring the Mandalorian Wars, took place because of Revan's realisation of a Sith'ari threat and you need to know how this is resolved since it's such a fundamental part of the story.

And by "need to know how this is resolved" I mean actually playing it, not confirming or disconfirming a rumour you're told by a guy in a force cage in an asteroid mining colony 100 years later.

Hm let me think. I most definitely don't want to start as a non-Jedi character or a Jedi without a lightsaber suffering some type of amnesia again ~~

Taris was cool in KOTOR, Peragus II was already kinda lame til the arrival of the Harbinger, you don't have not nearly as much things to discover like you can on Taris. A similar scenario for the beginning of KOTOR III would just be poor imo...

Concering the story:

The devs should stay with the plot for KOTOR III in the storyline of KOTOR and TSL. To start a completely new setting and leaving the old one so incomplete as it is now, that'd be so stupid that it is unlikely already.

What????? Are you crazy? The story is unfinished. I want to know what happened to Revan and what happened with the true sith. Leaving the story like this is like saying..."Oh, you know Bob? Something happened to him."

I don't have a problem with that. I DON'T want to know what happened to Revan. I have my own ideas about him. Revan is the "Neo" of the Old Republic. He is left the saviour and badass at the end of the Matrix, then his mystique is shattered in the sequels. He was made out to be a cool cat and got the ultimate perfect ending in the first movie and what happened when they told the rest of his story? I could hardly wipe my a$$ with the quality of it. A half-a$$ed attempt at making it epic... failing in the worst possible way (epic has nothing to do with the techno-kung-fu vibe of Matrix). I would rather not have Revan meet the same - half-assed attempt at making him epic - fate.

No, Revan is the mysterious lonely hero. There is no need to play or see his end. His mystique is a part of what makes him so good/cool/gnarly/awesome/etc. That's why we like him.

As for the Exile I don't CARE what happens to that idiot.

But ok, I'll give it a chance as long as the writers of K3 are not the ones responsible for TSL.

I think that Revan is a must in KOTOR 3. He was the main charater in 1 and was mentioned throughout 2.

I also like Korriban. It was my favorite planet in 1 but I agree something new needs to be added.

My favorite aspect of both are the tombs. In 1 where you visit the 4 on Korriban. And in 2 where you visit Freedon Nadd. I like the suggestion of Yavin 4 for two reasons. I think this would be a great planet to visit to give us a new look at Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope....also we could visit the tomb of Exar Khun. (sp?)

Have to stay....

1} Revan..I like revan....I know I will get a lot of responses back ... but In my humble opinion...the most powerful Sith Lord ever..this is his story

2} T-3 and HK are a must...they are the C3 and R2 of knights.

3} Carth....only if I can kill him

4} Tombs...they have been important parts of the first two and a personal fav

5} Romance...male and female

6} Jedi Robes...light and dark side...different options

7} Side quests...Main charater and minor characters..need more

Have to go....

1} Go-To has to go....terrible

2} Too long without a lightsaber

3} Old lady Sith

4} Manaan, A toothache playing that planet.

Some of my thoughts so far.....I'm sure I will have more

As far as the Hawk goes... The exile could have taken it and pissed off to where ever he went and you could get the Millenium Falcon to go chase after him. By episode IV the Falcon was already supposed to have been around more than a t'wilek dancing girl in the Nar Shaada red light district, so why not incorperate some Falcon back story into KOTOR 3? Like how it was first commisioned to be your high speed, heavily armed personal transport blah blah blah. And G0-T0? More like "Got to go". As a playable charachter he was just stupid. Why not have him be some kind of boss (not a big boss, just some low level pain in the butt boss) and have a mission where HK gets to blow the $hit out of him, assasin droid style? Have a mission where the game gets all "splinter cell" for a little while. HK's always whining about not getting to do assassin type stuff, so why not?

Oh and don't make the ending stupid this time! What the hell was with TSL's ending? What a bag of A$$!

Things I definately DO NOT WANT in Kotor 3:

1. The same damn game engine. The engine was already dated when the first game came out. License an engine from someone else. Not only will it very likely look and perform better, but it will also free up time for developing other aspects of the game.

2. A Xbox version first. Here's a better idea; develop the PC version before the Xbox version. What this will do is make a better performing and much more stable version of the game, and what with the extreme similarities between PC and Xbox coding, it would probably work out for the best, making the game stable on BOTH systems, with very few bugs (related to performance at least)

Now on to what I DO WANT:

1. Better voice acting. I know it is a Star Wars standard as of late to have almost forced acting, but let's work on that a bit eh? While you are at it, put in more body language and movement animations for when someone is talking. Watching the NPCs have siezures while talking got kind of old.

2. Better quality cut scenes. The pre-rendered cut scenes in this series is disappointing to say the least. With the resources available, I would think they could get better cutscenes.

3. More time in SPACE. Maybe implement a Freelancer style gameplay for some space battles and exploration, instead of just clicking a button and suddenly being at a planet.

4. Finally, although I know many people will hate me for saying this, but the game needs a change in pace. It needs a new combat system, with smoother, more cinematic animations. The combat queue was a great way of doing things, but they need something new.

I aggree the Ebon Hawk was cool but it does die on Malachor. Go to the menu and go to movies and go to like the "death of the ebon hawk"or something like that, dont quote me on the name. but it does show the Ebon Hawk falling into the depths of malachor and it is destroyed.

o on the contrary my friend, if you watched it, it falls and then when you defeat kreia, the academy starts to fall then the ebon hawk rises up and takes you off into the unknown regions, and also wouldnt goto and remote be gone? if they were to stay on Malachor V to keep the generators from failing, then u float off into this mist of colors as i would say, am i not right?

Huh? Racism? Against aliens or against "human races"? I still have no idea what this post is about.

There is racism on Taris and in the Juhani quest in K1. The sith are racist, (don't ask me why considering that some sith characters are aliens), both in K1 and in the movies, (although this doesn't come through very well until you read the novelizations of the movies).

1. Better voice acting. I know it is a Star Wars standard as of late to have almost forced acting, but let's work on that a bit eh? While you are at it, put in more body language and movement animations for when someone is talking. Watching the NPCs have siezures while talking got kind of old.

Voice acting in the two games so far was very good in my opinion, and certainly not as forced as it was in the recent films. But I do agree that the cutscenes themselves were very static and more movement and action would be very welcome.

what i DONT want in kotorIII is RACISM. i have seen alot and enough of it in kotorI. i havent played kotorII yet so i dont know if there's any in it, so dont spoil anything for me.
What's wrong with racism in the game? Racism exists and closing your eyes to it won't prevent it. As ugly as it is, I'm glad that the game acknowledged it's existence if only as a reflection of our own society. It's not a fault if a game isn't purely about escapism.

What's wrong with racism in the game? Racism exists and closing your eyes to it won't prevent it. As ugly as it is, I'm glad that the game acknowledged it's existence if only as a reflection of our own society. It's not a fault if a game isn't purely about escapism.

I fully agree. I thought there was some racist comments that were glorified or something.

In the game, racism isn't glorified at all. The man on Taris gets flak from your NPCs because of his propaganda.

The game shows how racism is. Does it mean it's a bad thing? Yes, racism is bad, but not facing reality is worse. If people close their eyes on such important issues, where will the world go?

The game shows all kinds of social issues and sheds some light on them in a caricatural way.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Revan officially male. Also i don't want that stupid turret game in kotor III. It's too damn easy. But at least in KOTOR II the game didn't feel the need to have the fighters attack you every other planet you went to late in the game. Try going between planets in KOTOR when you need to find the last Star Map and you'll see. Very annoying.

Now that I think of it:

I don't want the game to be fundamentally the same for both DS and LS characters. Sure you get a different cut scene at the end if you are light side or dark but other than that what is different? You can still use DS powers if you are LS it just costs more FP. Even quests that are DS are still available you just take a DS hit.

The light and dark sides are quite different so the game should feel different. Things like specific quests, NPC's, maybe even planets should be available to only one side.

Plus as some of the threads have stated the way you interact with people should change. More sick and twisted dialog options to DS players. Like when you could get Zalbarr to kill Mission. That is a real Sith Lord option. Not give me 50 credits or else but using your malevolent will to twist others to do your horrible bidding.

The options could also change based on prestige class. More violent ones for the evil Weapon Masters, more explorative options for Assasins. And for Sith Lords, my favourite class, have them be able to break the will of people to do your bidding. Its not just about fighting but feeling like a Jedi or a Sith.

Also like in Fable the world could react to you and the aura you present. Some good people will not talk to you if you are evil or may run away. Provides a reason why you don't get certain quests.

Also some people will be attracted to you or even fight you. So basically the galaxy changes somewhat and reacts to your alignment. Just do the opposite for the good side, but I think the options for LS PC's are already pretty good but for evil ones its pretty horrible. I'm a Sith Lord not a ****ing Sith Thug.

Now that I think of it:

I don't want the game to be fundamentally the same for both DS and LS characters. Sure you get a different cut scene at the end if you are light side or dark but other than that what is different? You can still use DS powers if you are LS it just costs more FP. Even quests that are DS are still available you just take a DS hit.

The light and dark sides are quite different so the game should feel different. Things like specific quests, NPC's, maybe even planets should be available to only one side.

Plus as some of the threads have stated the way you interact with people should change. More sick and twisted dialog options to DS players. Like when you could get Zalbarr to kill Mission. That is a real Sith Lord option. Not give me 50 credits or else but using your malevolent will to twist others to do your horrible bidding.

The options could also change based on prestige class. More violent ones for the evil Weapon Masters, more explorative options for Assasins. And for Sith Lords, my favourite class, have them be able to break the will of people to do your bidding. Its not just about fighting but feeling like a Jedi or a Sith.

Also like in Fable the world could react to you and the aura you present. Some good people will not talk to you if you are evil or may run away. Provides a reason why you don't get certain quests.

Also some people will be attracted to you or even fight you. So basically the galaxy changes somewhat and reacts to your alignment. Just do the opposite for the good side, but I think the options for LS PC's are already pretty good but for evil ones its pretty horrible. I'm a Sith Lord not a ****ing Sith Thug.

Yep, yep, yep, yep! I totally agree with everything here. Just one thing, though. In order for alignment based triggers to work correctly they're going to have to make the influence system work correctly. My NPC's alignments jump around even at 100% influence and Zez Kai Ell's response to my presence on Nar Shaddaa is random...if I am LS and have run around and helped everyone he still sometimes says I am a bad person or vice versa, but most of the time he says I have done bad things and good things and is confused by my presence. You don't want to be playing a game where quests are triggered by your alignment and get quests that are opposite of what you should get because the alignment/influence system isn't working properly.

Archived