Home

What do you NOT want in KOTOR III?

Blaze629

@ The Doctor: Do you really think Holland is one big Weed paradise? Believe me, it isn't. Although it is easily to get, it isn't accepted by the country.

I live in the North-East part of Holland, near Groningen (the footballteam Arjen Robben came from before Chelsea and PSV) and we don't have problems with junks etc. it's mainly a problem in the big cities.

And i just said it to provocate :p I know foreigners have a strange view on these things.

He's Canadian ;)

I understand this. I find it quite amazing that one side of Holland is extremely "liberal" as the Americans would say while the other is very religious.

Oh and most of these kids here wouldn't know who the hell van Nistelrooy or Seedorf are so they probably won't know Arjen Robben :p

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome to the Forums! :D

Anyways, I agree with all your ideas except for two. The alien thing and the forgetting of Revan and the Exile. There were too many unfinished things and unanswered questions. And I don't like the idea of being a alien, Star Wars is all about a human hero. Besides, I am a human, so it is natural to play as one.

I think it should tie in, but w/o an actual appearance, bsides, the Exile we might only b able to see him/her from behind w/ the robe's hood on, bcause unlike Revan (who had that mask) there's nothing like that for the Exile...what r they gonna do, we choose a face for the PC, and another for the Exile?

^^^

They only used up that one area. I mean, they really milked it. The rest of Korriban (the grand underground tombs, lava, etc) remain unexplored. ;)

How many sith lord's tombs have already been explored?

If they put back Korriban they might as well make all the sithlords tombs explorable except for the one's who already been looted.

Okay: What I don't want:

Prequel style robes, the K1 ones were cooler and fitted more with the Knights (comics) feel.

Battle Meditation, it felt really corny to have that as a power after they made such a big thing out of it in K1.

Force bond with an old lady, the Bastila one made sense because your in love. If they want to have you fall in love and then form a bond, fine.

No more stamping on K1's story or vilifying Reven.

No Reven light = Exile Dark, thats just stupid.

No defence bonuses, armour should add hitpoints or reduce damage.

No "sniper" rifles with a range under fourty metres.

NO USING THE FILMS AS A CRUTCH WHEN THE DEV RUNS OUT OF IDEAS (K2)

No convoluted plot about a galactic conspiracy, give me an enemy I know from the start then tell me to do all the sneaking around.

No "magic jedi" for the PC half way through the game.

No duff combat animations.

No new interface or mechanics.

No GO-TO.

No silly or pointless force powers.

No pumped up level one (K2), just start me on level five.

No crippled force points for Guardians.

No crippled skill points for anyone except Scoundrals.

No new ship.

No Korriban or Dantooine, they both got toasted, leave them.

No anachronisms, Nohgri for example, who only got discovered in the Clone Wars.

No multibranched storyline for K1, just leave Reven LS Male like it says he was and be done with it. At least that way 50% of us will feel like we made a difference in the at least one game.

No Grey areas like in K2, this is Star Wars, there is a light side and a dark side.

What we must have:

T3 and HK.

Carth walk on, maybe even a spell as him, with blasters.

A new plot, not just a rehash.

Jolee Bindo, with at least three pieces of advice.

Master Vandar.

The Republic less than half dead.

@ Doctor and Lukeimyourdad: Thanks for understanding...although we are represented by Harry Potter, we are a strong nation..

(that will be f*cked when the ice-caps melt)

By the way, Doctor, I've made a essay about Canada, it's a nice country. Bears and wildlife all over the place. I'd love to go there one day...many Dutch do.

About the topic:

I just realised something. Go-Ro said the Republic will fall in several months....and in the end of Kotor 2, we don't save the republic, but only decrease the Sith population.

Will the world of Kotor 3 be a great neautral, independent universe? And the Sith and Republic trying to hold it all together?

i can't imagine a Kotor without the republic...

Edit: btw...Lukeimyourdad, how the HECK do you know of Van Nistelrooy and stuff :s

No Voice ofc....that is really great about the first two games.

Korriban is great too.... What I don't want is Dxun.... And a Jedi temple ? Yes ofc, go to Corusant! Corusant is a must have for KotOR 3, every Star Wars fan loves that planet!

Coruscant is a must. Dantooine... no. Already milked everything. But Korriban still has a lot of potential. More tombs and caves, I loved the Sith ghosts and artifacts. Manaan is awesomely boring, so no. Tattooine could be or could not, I dunno. Corellia would be cool. Nar Shaddaa is always cool. Alderaan could go real well, and could go real bad too. And there's a hell of EU planets that haven't been used.

I want to get rid of T3 and HK for the umpteenth time (did i spel that rite?) i also want to get rid of star wars :lol: ya, planet battles :lol:

Okay first in Star Wars, you have to have the two droids. Its always been like that. Second it wouldn't be called "Star Wars" if there weren't any planet battles.

By the way, Doctor, I've made a essay about Canada, it's a nice country. Bears and wildlife all over the place. I'd love to go there one day...many Dutch do.

Well, um...there's not a lot of people living there. We mostly live in regular North American cities and suburbs.

Edit: btw...Lukeimyourdad, how the HECK do you know of Van Nistelrooy and stuff :s

I just do :) Actually, I follow european soccer quite closely (more so then most Canadians). Can't wait 'til June 2006 :D

@Lukeimyourdad: I thought America was about basketball, and Canada about Icehockey...Nice to see i'm wrong :)

About 2006: Who do you think will win? I'd bet on Holland. Not out of arrogance, but because they use young players, that are doing well at their own club.

We should start a thred about this....

Kotor Soccer team:

I'd say putting Zaalbaar in the goal :p

@Lukeimyourdad: I thought America was about basketball, and Canada about Icehockey...Nice to see i'm wrong :)

About 2006: Who do you think will win? I'd bet on Holland. Not out of arrogance, but because they use young players, that are doing well at their own club.

We should start a thred about this....

Probably, but I'm waiting until June to start a thread about the World Cup. Anyway, Brazil has a lot of chances with their insanely good team. It's like killing one of their best players will just make two more come out.

I prefer Holland and the Czech Republic(damn you Nedved, better come back now!) personally, but my money is on the Brazilians.

Kotor Soccer team:

I'd say putting Zaalbaar in the goal :p

Nah Malak would be better, he could deflect anything.

Some other stuff I hope they leave out of KIII:

-A new engine. Purely from a modding perspective, I don't want to have to learn to mod a new engine, and what happens if they change it to a unique engine?

- tiny, three-or-four module planets. One like that is fine, but when they're all tiny....

Compare, say, Peragus to Taris...

- bitchy, prissy cows in your party.

^You're roght, a new game engine would suck. I'm to used to the current one to have it changed on me now.

I would hate it if T3 and HK were removed, and I hope Bastila and Carth at least make Cameos, if possible (ie if they weren't killed...), maybe even one or both of them could join your pary (although that probably won't happen).

It would also suck if the Ebon Hawk wasn't used. The Ebon Hawk is the best ship ever.

Uh, the old engine is dying and doesn't seem to like high framerates for the crappy graphical quality.

There's nothing anyone can do about it, a new engine is a necessity to keep up with everything else.

I understand from a modding perspective how it could affect modders, but people in general have nothing to fear from the words "new engine".

It seems to me that there's common misconception that associates "engine" with "interface". Both are two seperate elements. You can keep the same interface while changing the engine.

Dont Want

Sucky Ending

New Droids

New Ship

Completly seperate story

Ultra-Laggy Game for PC

Tons of cut content

Do want

More diffrence between force sides(So there is actually a point of playing twice)

No screwed up storyline (like on Nar Shadarr, I didnt sell T3 yet he somehow ended up in the place in the docks)

Way more sidequests and dialogs with party members)

One more thing I don't want,

The repeditiveness of you being dark in the past or party members being enemy in past

Archived