Home

What do you NOT want in KOTOR III?

Blaze629

This might be a little off topic, buti've heard of another reason why K2 is so f*cked:

Bioware is a company that works for the fans, not for the Publishers.

What i've heared: Since kotor was a big succes, LA wanted a second one as soon as possible, so it they could cash. Bioware however, said the needed time to tweak things, and make a nice new game. LA then contracted the (relatively unknown) campany named Obsidian. A little and young company, easy to put pressure on, and blame for a bad game.

Bioware then started making games their way, what resulted in Jade Empire and soon to be Mass Effect. While these games where/are very good and original, and appreciated by all, Kotor 2 was written off like an ' Easy sequal, bad game, or lowsy cash-maker.'

All i want to say:

Dont blame Obsidian, blame LA!

PS: Obsidian is now working on Neverwinter Knights 2 under the supervision of Bioware. So Bioware trust them.

PPS: Since Obsidian isn't working on K3 (unless they split up the team)...who is?

PPPS: HK-47 will appear in the Add-on for Galaxies, another proof of LA's dollar-fetish

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bioware was offered first pass at TSL but declined due to the fact that they were working on Jade Empire. They recommended that OE take on TSL because the new company was comprised of many talented former Bioware employees. OE began working on TSL right before KotOR hit the shelves. Because they were getting a complete game engine and toolset they felt confident agreeing to an aggressive release schedule. Some of the more ambitious tweaks they wanted to make ended up not being as easy as anticipated and ate up more time and resources than they counted on.

This is based on press releases and published articles. While your post may also be true, it seems to be based off rumor and conjecture.

Hmm I'd Like to See A Pet System Something Like In Dungeon Siege 2. Where I can Have One Of The Young Rancors From The Unknown World Or A Gizka, Hell I'd Like Any Of the Creatures From Kotor or TSL In My Party. Maybe Even Rideable Ones (Imagine Riding A Scathound Or a Teterank(notsureifspelledcorrectly) Into Battle!)

True Achilles...

my post was just about a rumour..

Thanks for still supporting the 'Hate LA' Club though :D

Where did I insinuate that? I don't "hate" LA anymore than I "hate" OE. Any for-profit business has to take risks. OE and LA took a risk with TSL. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out as planned, but I've seen nothing to indicate that any one party is any more (or less) "to blame" than the other. Really...get over it.

@ Achilles: Sorry, just a stupid joke..i meant you still agrre with LA beiing the one responsable for K2

Why would you want a Mount system in Kotor? :s

You can travel with a ship, and the modules and levels aren't big enough to support mount, i think...

On the other hand, if the use a new engine..with bigger modules...

I would just frickin love to ride on a Utapau Lizzard like Boga in Episode 3, while swingin my lightsaber around to behead some Sith....

How would you work that out in an RPG, would it target the enemy and then the animal would run over and you would attack? Of course, you could ride it on you own when not in combat. The only thing is, if there were cliffs, unless they changed something then you wouldn't have much of a danger. In a game like JA, on the swoop bike level, if you went off the edge you would die. I would like to see that if it was just you and you could fall off the edge.

Well Depending On Creature It Could Wear Armor Or Have Weapon Upgrades like Synthetic organs and implants. Combat would be similar to normal combat but when it levels it could mature like a Scathound Would start as a pup then as it levels up it gets bigger Till it reaches full maturity with creature related feats and items. Also Dantooine In Kotor 1 Was Relatively large and if you didnt have force speed took a while to get around and then you find a few mandalorians and

:blast10::snip2:

hehehe sorry that was a bit too hard to resist

But mounted combat would be a bit difficult=S so i guess i have to forget about that

It would be a nice addition. Perhaps going off on another angle on the upgrading, have puppets like B-D's remote, except make them upgradeable. Nothing big, just perhaps some attribute bonuses, some little micro-armor for the remote, perhaps some leather covering for the beast. And then have some implants for the creature, and some things you could plug into the remote to assist them in some area.

what i don't like:

1. stupid cutscenes like G0-T0 and bao dur's remote sH!+!!!!

2. same storyline(if you are DS, "RULE THE WORLD!!!!!" and if you are LS "SAVE THE WORLD!!!!")

3. dantooine(it's so used up in k1)

4. repetitive animations(is't so boring to see ur PC attacking in the same style over and over again!!!)

5. repetitive alien voice overs(ever heard of a rodian sound like a droid?!!?)

6. game engine(if they wish to retain the current game engine "AT LEAST GIVE MORE SHADOWS AND LIGHTING AND MOST IMPORTANT MORE REALISTIC TEXTURE AND ENVIRONMENT!!!)

for the moderators: is my avatar obscene, if so just tell me :)

Sorry, I didn't realize it was LA's fault. I assumed they were sensible and would want to keep the target market with a complete game.

You haven't followed Lucasarts very closely then. Atleast not in recent years. They've been the poster boy for "fast and crappy quality over slow and good quality".

First time poster...thought this would b as good a place 2 start as any...

DO NOT WANT TO SEE:

- same planets, if we must hit the same planets, fine, make it quick and ez, but pls keep most of the plot on entirely new planets and pls let's hit the core worlds..

- same party npc's as the old one, I get the importace of HK and T3, but there could be different droids on this one (and if they bring G0T0 back I think I might kill someone)

- about the ship, some1 said to start in one ship and end in the Ebon Hawk, that's a good idea...

- don't really care for a ton of jedi in the party, 3-4 tops, you and your padawan, mayb a couple more.

- starting as a jedi...the PC might as well start as a sith, and mayb come to turn to the light side

- human starting PC only, so many races out there, let us start with something else

DON'T CARE EITHER WAY, BUT...

- i do want the story to end, but forget the Exile and Revan, they're both gone, start 2 generations of jedi after the Exile, say all those jedi trained @ the hawk became the new council, they have since died, brand new council (trained by them) and that's where you come in to clean up

Welcome to the Forums! :D

Anyways, I agree with all your ideas except for two. The alien thing and the forgetting of Revan and the Exile. There were too many unfinished things and unanswered questions. And I don't like the idea of being a alien, Star Wars is all about a human hero. Besides, I am a human, so it is natural to play as one.

@ The Doctor: Do you really think Holland is one big Weed paradise? Believe me, it isn't. Although it is easily to get, it isn't accepted by the country.

I live in the North-East part of Holland, near Groningen (the footballteam Arjen Robben came from before Chelsea and PSV) and we don't have problems with junks etc. it's mainly a problem in the big cities.

And i just said it to provocate :p I know foreigners have a strange view on these things.

@ Topic

What i don't want in K3:

-Wookie: Find something more original! Use a Noghri (assasin species) or a Plo Koon or something like that.

-Same Engine: I play tons of games, and Kotor is surpassed by all. Fable came out for X-Box too, and really looks better. I have an Ati Radeaon X700 Pro Advantage (Good card) and i can;t play Kotor on highest. It's just a port of the X-Box :s

-The Amnesia proces: Seems that every Jedi of the Old republic is suffering from it....

-More heads: i can't identify myself with the character i play. It's to static, to emotionless.

-Customisbale stuff: I would like some customisable robes and saber...would enhance the connection with your pc.

PS: If you are dutch, Doctor, i appolagise....we Dutch just talk and typ English to well...i couldn't read if you where Dutch or not :p

Archived