Home

What do you NOT want in KOTOR III?

Blaze629

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

things i don't want;

1. new PC and new story (finish 1 and 2's)

2. boring pointless quests and planets like Korriban (dantooine good in kotor bad in tsl)

3. GO TO, Visas, and an annoying meddling so called mentor i.e. kreia

4. soooooooo long to get a lightsabre

5. amnesia

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT

6. AN UNFINISHED GAME!!!!!!

I meant by my comment I DO NOT want a brand new new story with nothing to do with Revan and the Exile. I want to find out what happened to them, and I want to play doing that. I also don't want emotionally FUBAR'd Wookiees, emotionally damaged street urchins, getting involved in civil wars in which you are in ONE area all the time, and I do NOT want some uber-uber-uber-takes-itself-seriously plot.

• 3 weeks later...
The one thing I do not want to see in KotOR 3 is the Ebon Hawk, unless it's being blown up and replaced by something that doesn't look like a stapler stuck to a folded paper plate.

I was wondering if you might consider making such a model, snapping a picture of it, and posting a link to it or something? That's the funniest thing I've read all day, and I'd love to see it.

^^^^

You definitely are. I don't think there has been one discussion about KIII that you didn't say that you didn't want the EH. :Dd

Anyways, one of the things I would LIKE to see is swoop racing as in actually racing against other people like in that SW podracer game. That and more planets/stations like Yavin IV in KI, where you just buy cool items and it is not directly tied into the storyline.

No love triangles. Ever!

I think this guy just hit the friggin jackpot on ideas. Visas and Handmaiden could both suck a broom before they could...uh...right well.

Well, besides the Ebon Hawk, I'd really really really hate to see some mysterious past BS like we've had twice in a friggin row.

hey for the stuff about wanting to see yavin 4... was yavin 4 even discovered yet back then? besides by exar kun... the sith lord who brought the massassi there. his name is on the tip of my tongue... damnit. but you know who i'm talking about. i don't think the republic has been to yavin yet...

but for sure tehre's no academy there... that only happened after the fall of the empire

Hey SW1, if you are talking about me, then I did not say that I wanted to see Yavin, I said I wanted to see places LIKE Yavin STATION. And yes, the Republic knew, there was a space station there and the Jedi brought an armada there like fresnosmokey said.

I you are not talking to me, then nevermind about the first thing, just yes- the republic did know :).

I think this guy just hit the friggin jackpot on ideas. Visas and Handmaiden could both suck a broom before they could...uh...right well.

Yes! Two of us against the "love triangle." Ugh! It seemed so hokey for Star Wars. Visas and the Handmaiden fighting over you. Or *shudder* Disciple and Atton fighting over you.

As soon as I realized they were jealous of each other over me, I was like "Damn." Did we even get to pick one? I mean in order to make Handmaiden a Jedi I have to two-time Visas. How can I be light-side if I'm a cheater? Least Revan was a one woman man.

Anyway, to keep on topic. Something else I don't want to see are missions that can't end. But since that's a tech problem, I'll leave it out.

Gameplay wise, I don't want to see any of the environments from either game. I don't mind going to the same planet. But I don't like going through the same or similar pathways. For example Dantooine. In K2 it was not the same as in K1, but it was all too familiar.

• 2 weeks later...

Things i dont want to see:

- Keria - I want somone who is you teacher to be lightside and preferably male like old ben.

- Dao-Bar - well i may not mind a Zabrak(i think his race is zabrak. right?) but not one with that anoying quiet voice and a slimer one like darth maul.

- Wookies with life depts

- Ithorians - ive never been a fan of this race

- A bad story

- Weak lightsabers - sabers should be WAY more powerfull and less of them in the game but you should have one in the game but you shouldent be able to get 20 or so sabers like i have but maby thats becuase i have hacked mechants.

- Badly made sithlords like sion and the other guy from K2.

- Limited party member selection - i mean like id like to see heaps of differant people in my party, main ones stay ofcource but some the leave and join at various points.

Things I'd like to see:

- A party member that fells the force but isnt DS nor LS and doesnt know he/she is even intouch with it. its just normal for them.

-If you turn a party member to DS maby they turn on you and your party and twist them against you without you known and this could be shown in cutsceens like they have in K2 when they are talking about you.

- at the start you can eather become a sith or a jedi but training under one at a Sith our jedi academy and its you choce where to study.

- more suttle racism throughout the story.

- once you finish the game the Kotor series is raped up ( assuming 3 is the last )

- The Ebon Hawk's previous owner has modded it - added some sweet rims. jks. yea so the ebon hawk have kinda like changed.... heres a crazy idea you find out the ebon hawk is the M Falcon. ( i dont know the Falcons history so dont flame me if that wouldent work )

- and finaly Links to the movies like how things evolved, characters ancestors

like maby Jaaba the Hutts :D and is a young yoda around at this time???? if not i finaly want yoda's race to be revealed

What I want-

Character choices, Im tired of being a human, how about an alien, imagine a Darth Maul type character.

Endor- because we need a cool Ewok, possibly force sensative

Jawa- a evil sinister JAWA that even tries to sell your ship when you land on some blackmarket type planet or space station.

An alternate ship we can fly with only 2 party members, Like a variation of an Xwing

MORE SPACE BATTLES

MORE PLANETS

MORE SIDE QUESTS FOR PARTY MEMBERS TO FURTHER DEVELOPE the characters

BAD ASS VILLIANS

Bring back the assasinators guilde

WHAT I DONT WANT--

No more Korriban or Dantooine

No wookies in party

no GO-TO

BAD AI

No Wookiees? Shame on you. We should have the choice at least.

The alien idea is intriging (sp) but we haven't done that, and I don't think they will in K3. Besides, it would add a whole nother variable to romance, or if there is a KotOR IV then it would mess up that.

I do want the Genoharadon back, they were one cool group. Could be a dangerous enemy. I think that Korriban should be in there, it is kind of a fixed planet. I hope they do some good on it, though, make it enjoyable and hard. As for Dantooine, I am suspicious that they might put it back, I don't really want it, there hasn't been much there to do.

I definitely want to be able to fly the Ebon Hawk. Oh, and Myster, I don't think it would work for the Ebon Hawk to morph into the MF. As I recall, they are two absolutely different types of ships, and the Ebon Hawk would probably be obselete even if it was upgraded. The MF was manafactured way past the time of the EH.

That is probably true. How much stuff came out in the press and on the internet late last year and early this year about how this game was rushed for the Christmas season? I heard a ton of rumors and after playing the game I think most are agreed that the devs, or LA, or both did rush the last one. Way too many bugs and some storylines that just ended too abruptly. Hopefully this time things will be different. :)

^Did you not hear of a game called "Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords"?!?! That is a prime example of greedy, lazy devs.
Shoot first and ask questions later, right?

Ahem. As Fiend_138 points out, LA (as the distributor) did have a small part to play in the finished product. Yes, those heartless corporate bastards. Don't they understand that if they really try, they can run a business without worrying about profitability? I mean, if they just went out and got one of those trees that grows money, they wouldn't have to worry about how they are going to finance the other games that they want to make. Or maybe they can partner with a developer willing to work for no money, but gets the satisfaction of long hours doing something that they love. That has to be it right? I mean we're talking video games. Economics and business don't belong here. Sheesh. [/sarcasm]

Not that OE is off the hook either. They could have certainly chosen to blow off their gold date. A move that almost would have guaranteed that they would not have turned a profit for the 13 grueling months they spent developing the game. And don't forget labeling themselves "unreliable" on their maiden voyage. Silly profit hungry devs.

As for everyone that wants to bemoan the capitalist system set before us, face the facts: gaming is a business. In order for business to sustain itself, it has to be profitable. R&D that give us new console technology and new game engines is financed by profit. The more profitable a company is the more it can pay for high quality devs that make high quality games. We all hope that the people working in this industry feel passionate about what they do, but passion alone does not pay the bills. [/rant]

Archived