Home

What do you NOT want in KOTOR III?

Blaze629

I decided to shake things up a bit and see what everyone doesn't want to in KOTOR III. Granted this thread ties into the "what do you want to see in KOTOR III" thread but I think we all have things that we would omit this time around if it were up to us.

(in no particular order)

1. Carth Onasi (unless I can kill the rat)

2. Dantooine. Give me Yavin 4 this time if there must be a planet with a jedi temple.

3. Korriban. Didn't really like this planet in the first or second one. How about Dagobah this time? That cave became powerful in the dark side of the force because of you!!!!! How about that?!?!?!? The reason why Luke felt "cold" and death eminating from it was because you knew of a ritual to ensure the dark side would live there forever muwahahahaha!!!!!! :)

4. A locked storyline with the characters in your party. In KOTOR II, I would have liked it MUCH more if you could have guided Kreia back to the light if you wanted to or convinced her to join you perhaps. The point of getting influence with her was to find out about Revan and that was about it besides training. Outside of that, I think we all pretty much figured that she was going to be the thorn in our side whether we went light or dark. How cool would it have been if you could have ended(or added to)Hanharr's suffering, trained him as a jedi, and had him call you master? How cool do you think Mira would have been if she would have followed you down the dark path and let you dominate her destiny?

5. The Ebon Hawk. Although I like this ship in the first two, I think it is time for a change as some of you have suggested.

6. T3 and HK-47. These are great characters and I love them in the first two but they belong to the exile. Let's get some new droids to take their place this time around.

Just a few thoughts to ponder people. Do with them as you will. :)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6. T3 and HK-47. These are great characters and I love them in the first two but they belong to the exile. Let's get some new droids to take their place this time around.

Noooooooooo! What would Star Wars be without C3P0 and R2-D2? :( HK and T3 must remain...They can get rid of G0-T0 however!

What's so wrong with Carth? :p he's the only NPC in the game who is not afraid to tell you that he disagress when you are doing bad things. He runs away at the end if go go DS? That was the brightest thing to do: he knew he would just end up dead otherwise. At least he had more to say than Atton, who apart a few lines when you can turn him into a Jedi only knows to play Pazaak.

In fact, apart the droids and perhaps Mandalore (if they can him him back the personality he had in K1), they can remove all the K2 npcs: Kreia excepted, I found that they were not really fleshed out.

I really don't want a storyline full of plot holes and dialogues that repeat indefinitely.

Blasphemy... You can't have KotOR without HK and T3 as Darth 333 constantly reminds us they are the 3PO and R2 of the game.

And what is the problem with carth, yes he moaned but he was betrayed by his mentor, watched his wife die in his arms and for the most part has no idea if his son is dead or alive. The character would be stupid if he was all "rays of sunshine."

But back on topic

I don't want to see Dantooine or korriban, they've been used to much already and unless they can come up with some brilient story it would ruin the game.

I also vote to keep T3 and HK, it wouldn't be KOTOR without them. :D

I'm with Darth333 on the rest... :p

2. Dantooine. Give me Yavin 4 this time if there must be a planet with a jedi temple.

:eyeraise: Er'... there are no Jedi Temples on Yavin IV, there are Sith Temples and such built by Exar Kun... but no LS jedi stuff.

What I don't want to see in a KOTOR III is any sort of drastically changed user interface or a change of combat system... :eek:

I don't want Revan or exile to be the PC. It would be so hard to have them because they're different to every player. Each one can be LS male, LS female, DS male, or DS female. The faces and types of lightsabers and personalities would also vary. Personally, I would prefer a COMPLETELY different storyline. Most of you will probably disagree with me, and it probably won't happen, but I like change. Although KotOR I and II were both great, I just want something different so it doesn't get old.

No, i don't want a completley new storyline. They have to start where they left and finish it.

I also don't mind if they put some of the K1 and K2 characters into the game (T3 and HK must be in), as long as there's enough new ones.

I also don't mind what planets they put in, as long as they make them interesting.

As for the Ebon Hawk, i would like it in K3, but not right from the beginning. I say, start your quest in a new ship and later switch to the Ebon Hawk.

What i don't want to see:

-A Wookie companion, i would like to see a more 'cool' species like Noghri or Trandoshan etc.

-The Ebon Hawk: You can't go ficht the sith in such a vessel. A cooler vessel, please!

-PC=Revan or Exile: read below:

The storyline i would like to see:

14 years after Kotor 2, you play a NEW pc during the True Sith wars. You'll begin as a little boy, and after some little quest you will eventually become an adult, and have to face your knight-trial. This means: Investigate the places Revan has been (Dantooine, korriban, etc.) After done, you report to the council. If you claim Revan to be good, he will lead a special Jedi-squad in the war. The Exile will lead the True Sith then. If you claim Revan to be evil, it all turns the other side. Although your young age, you will be send into battle, searching the the good Revan/Exile and serving them in battle, trying to defend whole planets (Like the Khoonda situation in TSL, but bigger), this way one of them can join your party.

1. Carth Onasi (unless I can kill the rat)
I liked Carth. I'd like to see him back in some capacity...

What would Star Wars be without C3P0 and R2-D2? HK and T3 must remain...They can get rid of G0-T0 however!
My feelings exactly...

c'mon people, if the HK and T3 are the 3PO and R2 of Kotor, than cleary the Ebon Hawk is the Millenium Falcon. infact, with a name like Ebon Hawk i don't think it could be much more obvious.

what i dont want to see is too many jedi. K2 with all its trainable characters was fun, but then i just had so many multi classed half jedi's that their jedi skills were kinda sad, and the skills from their previous class, like scout, were totally underdeveloped, so instead of becoming a more useful character, it actually hinders them. the only way to make being a jedi worth it for the trainable characters is to hold their levels, so until you get enough influence with them to train them, you can't even use them in your party. I say that there should be multiple trainable characters, but you can only choose to train one. Besides, thats how the jedi work, one padawan at a time. This would add a crapload of replay value. I also think there needs to be more classes, or at least prestige classes for non jedi

......if the HK and T3 are the 3PO and R2 of Kotor, than cleary the Ebon Hawk is the Millenium Falcon......

I was about to post the same thing!

I also think Dantooine should be back, just because its basically the "home base" of the games, if that makes sense. I just hope they can do more with it than K2.

Anyway, on topic....

I dont want GO-TO back. He was just annoying.

I dont want to go to the Sith academy on Korriban. I wouldn't mind going to Korriban, but if its a Sith planet, there must be more there than one fragging academy.

No Force Bonds!!! It was cool in K1. In K2, it was "couldn't they come up with another concept?"

There are probably more minute things, but a the moment, thats all I can think of.

c'mon people, if the HK and T3 are the 3PO and R2 of Kotor, than cleary the Ebon Hawk is the Millenium Falcon. infact, with a name like Ebon Hawk i don't think it could be much more obvious.

Damn right you are!

Originally, the Millenium Falcon was supposed to be destroyed at Endor but after a test screening, Lucas decided to keep it.

Imagine what it would be to destroy or remove the Hawk? It's an integral part of KotOR and so are T3 and HK.

I'd like a simple wookiee companion. Wookies are also integral to Star Wars. What would it be without Chewie? As you know, both Ep1 and 2 didn't have Chewie and they did turn out quite bad (or simply not as good as the rest).

What I don't want is an emo wookiee or a psycho wookiee. Just a good old slightly goofie wookiee like Chewie.

I don't want Korriban either, as everyone is obviously dead over there. It'll be the same uninteresting planet as in TSL.

I don't want any big changes made to the way the game plays, the inteface, etc. I don't want to see G0-T0, my least favorite character. I would also not like to see Korriban again. It was empty in TSL, what else could they do with it?

I don't want any big changes made to the way the game plays, the inteface, etc. I don't want to see G0-T0, my least favorite character. I would also not like to see Korriban again. It was empty in TSL, what else could they do with it?

It was originally intended for HK-47 to destroy GO-TO anyway, so i don't think they'll be putting him back. We're just waiting for the TSL restoration team to put that cut scene back into the agem.

NO

Dantooine or Korriban (unless there are completely new areas)

Jedi Inflation (too many and the point is lost)

massive amount Cortorsis Weave weapons (let them be properly rare and let us slice up the normal ones)

Armor adding to defense value, making you harder to strike; give it proper damage reduction and be done with it.

Implat feat; base it on CON and be done

MUST

HK-47 and T3-M4

Ebon Hawk

A Carth walk on apperance

Wookies

these all maintain continuity

Would LIKE

A Change in combat; give us longer blaster ranges, better standard damage, better AI

etc.

Non-Jedi Prestige Classes

Swoop bike racing (with upgrades this time)

Pazaak, turrets etc. I like mini-games, how about starfighter dogfighting, pod-racing, more arena combat etc.

Some Wookie equipment; harnesses, HUDs, LBVs, gauntlets, armbands, etc.

I forgot one important thing. I would like to SEE the Republic in action. Like in SW-Eipsode 2, that you as jedi lead a bunch of Republic soldiers (temporary teammates?). I had the feeling in Kotor 2 that i was the last hop of the republic, while Carth had an enormous fleet, and Bastilla (battle meditation) was still alive.

Thanks for the support, Republic! :chainsaw:

Well, It's pretty clear that many of us don't want Korriban...

But our charachters only explored the caves and ruins, how about exploring the volcanic ranges? a climatic fight similar to mustafar scene with Anakin and Obi-Wan?

But, then again, they could just use Mustafar instead =\

Archived