Home

Just when you thought Korn's "Word Up" was the worst remake ever...

Darth Groovy

There was a techno-pop version of 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' that was made by a female artist in the UK(whose name escapes me) It gained more attention than it should have as it was released not long before Kurt topped himself...

I wouldnt be too dismayed though. If Alice wrote that song, he'd be making crazy money from anyone covering his song... In fact, whoever own the rights to the song would have had to have given permission for the techno thang to happen.

mtfbwya

There was a techno-pop version of 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' that was made by a female artist in the UK(whose name escapes me) I

Tori Amos covered that too.

The Sisters Of Mercy's version of the Hot Chocolate song 'Emma' is probably my favourite cover, as it add so many new elements to the originally pretty brainless pop song.

Honestly, who the hell cares. They did it with Aerosmith, and evidently thought it was good enough to release.

and what do you know, it was. :p

YOU ARE DISMISSED, AEROSMITH FANBOY :p

am I kidding? am I not? Is Santa real?

Aerosmith didn't release it, Run DMC did, so what makes you think Aerosmith liked it at all?

YOU ARE DISMISSED, IGNORANT FOOL

oh, right.... ":p"

Video was made when Tyler was on drugs. Drugs mess with your mind and make you do stupid things

Like being in a rap video.

Besides, even if he was in his sane mind, maybe they didn't like it later, happened with other songs. Just because you record something doesn't mean you like it, and in this case, it sucks.

So, stfu, you don't know what you're talking about, thanks.

Like being in a rap video.

Looked like they were playin their song, and then Run DMC bust through the wall and started rapping with them.

You know, the video was supposed to be symbolic. The whole kind of breaking the barrier between black/white music. Rap v Rock and whatnot.

But you know, I have no idea what the **** I'm talking about. :)

According to the guys in Run DMC, on VH1 I might add, it was all producer Rick Rubins idea. Run DMC thought it was a dumb idea, and they didn't even like the song much, or know wtf the lyrics were even about. They got Aerosmith onboard, did it, and the rest as they say, is history. Really ****ty history. As far as it opening the door for rap-metal, the only good thing to EVER come out of that ****-fest, was Faith No More. Period. And even they abandoned it.

According to the guys in Run DMC, on VH1 I might add, it was all producer Rick Rubins idea. Run DMC thought it was a dumb idea, and they didn't even like the song much, or know wtf the lyrics were even about. They got Aerosmith onboard, did it, and the rest as they say, is history. Really ****ty history. As far as it opening the door for rap-metal, the only good thing to EVER come out of that ****-fest, was Faith No More. Period. And even they abandoned it.

Thank you. <3

You know, the video was supposed to be symbolic. The whole kind of breaking the barrier between black/white music. Rap v Rock and whatnot.

Seems like all the video did was open Pandora's Box and start a ton of crappy hybrid bands. Color has nothing to do with it, ever hear of Jimi Hendrix?

That's right man. Sure, Patton did it at first, but he turned out to be so sooooo much more than that. Listen to freaking later material like "Ashes To Ashes", and tell me Mike Patton isn't one of the strongest vocalists/front men in the industry. FNM were virtual unknowns until Patton brought all his madness to the group. Even now that FNM are no longer a group, Patten's side projects continue to sell records.

No, I haven't heard of Jimi Little Wing Hey Joe Hendrix.

Regardless, Jimi Hendrix was wayyyy back there in the 60's. Rap listeners don't exactly listen to that kind of stuff. Therefore it was a way to bring something together that rap listeners would be used to and would be able to recognize. Likewise it had someone who listens to mostly rock hear a bit of rap.

There's no evidence that this collaboration started hybrid nu metal. :/

No, I haven't heard of Jimi Little Wing Hey Joe Hendrix.

Regardless, Jimi Hendrix was wayyyy back there in the 60's. Rap listeners don't exactly listen to that kind of stuff. Therefore it was a way to bring something together that rap listeners would be used to and would be able to recognize. Likewise it had someone who listens to mostly rock hear a bit of rap.

There's no evidence that this collaboration started hybrid nu metal. :/

Aerosmith had also been dead for about 7 years when this happened, NO ONE knew Aerosmith, most didn't even know what or who Aerosmith was, they were yesterdays at the time. People knew who Jimi Hendrix more than Aerosmith.

Believe me, this is not the topic to get in an argument with me in, I know a lot more about it then you....

and I blame record lables for wanting to suck the american consumer dry of cash and not careing at all about musical creation.

edit: i also blame vb3 for not telling me the thread was closed other than a small tiny button, and leaving the quick reply area still there,...

Archived