Home

What fun I get to have tomarrow : |

BongoBob

One thing, in my opinion, that is really ****ing stupid, if you'll pardon my language, is the prevailing theme in some of these posts of "forget education, I only need it to get a job that makes a lot of money". I'm surprised there are people who wouldn't want the knowledge in a field of interest.

If that's your attitude, you have no business even thinking about college. Let someone who actually wants the education have your spot - they'll make better use of it.

There are a lot of students who drop out of college, wasting all the time and money they've put into their would-be education... which is why people who think college is just one big party need to, like Jed says, let someone who's serious about college take your spot. And parents shouldn't force their kid into college, because college isn't for everyone... we need some mechanics and construction workers after all!

hmmm well, don't drop out if you're under the age of 16. If you like to work, you'll be successful. Give college a shot if it is payed for, or if you REALLY know what you want to get into, and if you graduate college, you best know where to move to so you can get that job you got the degree for. :)

Of course, being single works if you can't go to college, especially if the places around you are only paying like $6-$7 an hour. I had to get 2 jobs to pay for rent, car insurance, cable, and still have a paycheck or two left over. one job is full time at walmart photo lab 2-11 in the evening, and the other is at pizza hut part-time 8-1 mornings to make up for any cut hours at walmart. so now it's like 50-60 hours a week, or $275-300 every week.

oh, and to clear up any assumptions.......I never dropped out. I was homeschooled 7-12 grade. (by computer curriculum) before that, christian school 2 and 1/4 second grade-6 grade, and before that public school k-1/4 of 2nd grade. Reason why i didn't go to a highschool is cause my family just moved from upstate ny to jacksonville fl. I did try to get into a private school for 8th grade, but that bombed as there were too many damned applicants. the only problem where a regular diploma would've done better than the cursed ged is the military. hardly anyone else asks for it.

Dude, graduate from college and flip burgers you'll make more than the dickwad in high school. And you'll be capable of promotion to district manager. Same with nearly any job in that field.

I have to echo what Jed said though, don't wanna go to college? Have fun dicking around trying to make rent.

At my last job a dropout told me "Man it feels good to touch a paycheck. I had forgotten what it was like" He said some dates, but I can't remember. Hes only like 20 something. Not a lot of them had a diploma (the ones I spoke to said they didn't) and they told to graduate. (not that I hadn't planned to)

School may not be important as it used to be, but knowledge is still as important as ever. Unless you have the personal motivation, strength, and determination to educate yourself and pave your own path, you better stay in school if you want at least a chance at a future. Not everyone is Bill Gates.

Archived