Home

Direction Battlefront II Is Going

Darth Andrew

Do you like the direction Battlefront II is going?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the direction Battlefront II is going?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sort of
    • Other (please post)

So, do you like the direction Battlefront II is currently going?

I think it's going in an ok direction. But there are some items that I don't like:

Space Combat- When I saw the two new videos, I was a bit disappointed. I really didn't like that the capital ships weren't moving an inch, and the interiors were generally the same for the Mon Cal cruiser and the Star Destroyer, save for the color. And the Calamari cruiser itself... really didn't look like one at all.

~Ships-The ships themselves were pretty good, but I didn't like it that the TIE Interceptor had missiles. Also, for the transports, the Empire had the shuttle seen in Episode III (???), and the Rebels had the Repiblic Gunship. Maybe the developers put those in because they didn't finish the transports fot the Galactic Civil War in time for the presentation, but I really hope that changes.

Maps-The maps shown just seemed too small. Esepiaclly on Geonosis, it just seemed like two bunkers on a flat plain. Hopefully the map is just for the campaign.

Heroes-Way too many heroes. This is a grunt game, and while I can see playable Jedi (as they were in the first game) included, but Princess Leia? Woo, blaster pistol and thermal detonaters, just like a Rebel trooper. I really, really hope you can turn heroes off in single and multiplayer.

I know I come off like a whiner, but I really think these are some big issues. But enough about my opinion; what do YOU think of Battlefront II's current direction?

Agreed. I understand Leia though, because the objectives on the Tantive IV revolve around protecting/capturing Leia. What I don't understand is why they need Boba on Yavin 4 (I could understand him being at Jabba's Palace, but Yavin 4??), Jango on Kashyyyk (uh didn't he die on Geonosis?), and Obi and Vader dueling on Mustafar (which is clearly just a way to reel in the fanboys).

Also something that disappointed me is that the Clone Troopers on ALL maps are the 501st Legion. I guess they were just too lazy (or of course, rushed) to make up each individual legion for the different planets.

I agree completely with what everyone else has said in this thread.

The 501st are on all maps (they are even the space clone, couldn't they have at least removed the blue for this?). Which dissapoints me quite a lot. I would have prefered just white clones, that would have made a least a little more sense (none of the "jedi killing clones" alongside Yoda and Ki-Adi-Mundi.

Then the clones themselves. What on Earth possessed the devs to make the Commander a Galactic Marine? Where the hell is the logic in that? A normal soldier, infact a only on snow terrain soldier, is a commander. I wouldn't have been so angry if it was Bacara, then it would have at least been a Commander. Oh wait. Bacara is the heavy trooper. A one of a kind soldier is the heavy trooper.

At least the CW space battles make sense. Oh wait. They don't either. The CIS bomber is General Greivous' ship. Right. The Clone marine is a 501st trooper too. The Venator and CIS capital ships are probably the same interior as well.

The GCW space is messed up too. The latest presentation videos DO show that the SD and the Calamari ships are basically the same. And the Calamari ships... they made these up, didn't they? I can't remember seeing these in the Old Trilogy! The Empire gets a Theta class, and the Rebels a Gunship. What the hell? The Theta class is forgivable, but the gunship is whacked up.

And there's more, but I've got to go now.

I like where it is going because it seems like there will be more adventure involved and it includes more fo the universe by having space which makes u feel like u are more dominate (Just me prolly lol) But yeh..

Alot of you guys are riding it off already but u should wait till u have played it till u give the 3rd degree on what colour the clone troopers are :S

Yes, but a game is supposed to pull you in and make you feel like you are there (in the movies, in this case). How can it do that when it messes up at every chance it gets. I know I'm getting picky about this game, but it really is messing up.

One thing I forgot to mention was the gameplay itself. I know I'm probably the only one who feels this way but the combat itself is boring. You never miss and the blaster's rate of fire is too fast. It is so boring! It is basically a first person to shoot wins game. Make the battles more diverse with less accurate gun so the fighting is more fun. This would also put the game further in line with the movies. I don't remember the Stormtroopers firing full auto with perfect accuracy. Imagine the Matrix movies where the people never miss. The gun fights would last 2 mins.

However, I must admit, it does look fun, just not true to the movies.

I think the game is going in a pretty good direction so far, although I was a bit dissapointed by the one space battle they showed, I was kind of hoping for more starfighters and maybe some hallways to fight through before you got to the command center of the ship, I was also looking forward to being able to actually destroy an enemy ship.

Also the AI didn't seem much improved, I mean when the guy landed in the hanger the pilots were just running to get into there ships completely ignoring the intruder, who knows maybe the game was just set on "easy" mode or somthing...

Aside from that and a few of the design issues you guys mentioned the game seems to be shaping up pretty well.

I dont mind the direction the game is going. They seem to do a much better job than they did in BF. Maybe not completely true to the movies, but not everybody knows the difference between the 501st and other clone legions.

And all the heroes are justified in my opinion, since the main campain will give you presents on every map. Its odd wich planet they are on, but that really dosent matter, aslong as I can have fun. It woudnt be fun if everybody complained "why cant I use Boba on the Death Star" and such.

Space combat can only be one thing: A HUGE IMPROVEMENT :)

I love the playable Jedi, crazy about the 6th class and space battles, but the only thing I'm worrying about is that this bad boy won't run on my computer.

The graphics look so good on it, and they made the maps MUCH bigger than the previous version. I want to know the specs at least 1 and 1/2 months before the game's release the specs so I can get my comp read if needed.

I run BF1 mostly on normal, and one or 2 setting on low. Also, Naboo Hills , the Endor and Yavin maps have a pretty bad framerate and lag HORRIBLE online, and those are the largest maps.

All the others are playable. But I want to be sure I can run this, I'm a loyal BF1 fan and will hopefully be a BF2 one also. My main thing is online play, and if it don;t work for my PC i'm not buying it.

So far though, I sorta like the way their going. (just tell me it can run on my comp and I'll love it!) :D

I agree, If space it too small then it will sorta suck because it will force u to stay near the battle ships and get shot down instead of having the freedom to do attacks from high angles where u havent been spotted etc..

But space will be good still.. Cause if it is too smal i'll just land on the ships and take em over..

In Battlefront 1 the Jedi were all Blurry and were really badly graphiced.. Especially Mace Windu and Count Dooku..

But you can see on the pic of Mace Jumping at that vehicle (can't remember which one he was jumping at :-/ ) that he has been certainly improved..

and the one of Dooku standing there also looks alot better..

My only queeries are of Obi Wan.. Alot of his pics look nothing like him..

The GCW space is messed up too. The latest presentation videos DO show that the SD and the Calamari ships are basically the same. And the Calamari ships... they made these up, didn't they? I can't remember seeing these in the Old Trilogy! The Empire gets a Theta class, and the Rebels a Gunship. What the hell? The Theta class is forgivable, but the gunship is whacked up.

And there's more, but I've got to go now.

Actually if I remember right there are a couple Mon Cal cruisers in ROTJ. But i havn't seen the movies in a while so i could be wrong :¬:

Actually if I remember right there are a couple Mon Cal cruisers in ROTJ. But i havn't seen the movies in a while so i could be wrong :¬:

There were 2 Mon Cal capital ships, one got destroyed by the death stars laser, and the other one had Admiral Akbar on it, i'm sure there were more smaller ones aswell.

They made up a large portion of the Rebel fleet (i always thought that B-Wings looked like Mon Calamari ships)

I love the playable Jedi, crazy about the 6th class and space battles, but the only thing I'm worrying about is that this bad boy won't run on my computer.

The graphics look so good on it, and they made the maps MUCH bigger than the previous version. I want to know the specs at least 1 and 1/2 months before the game's release the specs so I can get my comp read if needed.

I run BF1 mostly on normal, and one or 2 setting on low. Also, Naboo Hills , the Endor and Yavin maps have a pretty bad framerate and lag HORRIBLE online, and those are the largest maps.

All the others are playable. But I want to be sure I can run this, I'm a loyal BF1 fan and will hopefully be a BF2 one also. My main thing is online play, and if it don;t work for my PC i'm not buying it.

So far though, I sorta like the way their going. (just tell me it can run on my comp and I'll love it!) :D

I think the specs will be a 2 Ghz processor, 4,7 GB free space on the hard disc and a graphics card with at least 128mb (at least radeon 9500 series or a geforce 5500) and 512 mb ram, because the specs of the first BF already where 1 Ghz processor, 2,7 free hard disk space, a 64 mb graphics card with T&L and 256 mb ram.

Archived