Home

Beta test (no pay subscription required)

Stryker412

I have always hated the double-clicking of a direction button (such as in UT### to dodge), but after a little while I am growing to like the seprate jump/roll buttons. It prevents the accendental jump instead of a roll or roll instead of a jump.

However, I also don't like having to press so many different buttons. It needs a balence...

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the only thing i can say about the Beta.... it Lags like hell...im an European, to be specific im from Germany and i never find any beta Server with a ping under 200 so its nearly impossible for me to test the game cause of the annoying "Connection Interrupted" Symbol and the lag every 5 seconds....dunno if its the beta at all or if its the fact that they dont have any european servers imo, in SWBF1 i have always many servers under 200 but in the beta not even ONE...

Ah and another thing...Yoda is a kinda toooooooooooooo small, he seems to be bigger in the Trailers.....

Yeah, I dicovered the Incinerator earlier, it's quite good. I'm still not sure about the Bothan though, on the 2 maps you can use him on, he's as visible as just about anyone else, and take into the equation he can't sprint or use weapons while stealth. He's useless, apart from the weapon. The devs really need to upgrade that stealth, he's already still visible, and then he flashes fully every so often. Maybe on Endor or a camo level it'll be good, but that isn't the point. He sucks, full stop.

Although I have heard from others he DOES turn fully invisible, just the flashes give him away. I might test that on a small server.

One new item Ive noticed is the scouts auto turret, has anyone found this item useful? I also noticed that the soldiers no longer have concussion grenades, I'm kind of dissapointed by this. Sure they weren't as destructive as thermal detonators but they had there uses, I personally always used them to destroy turrets at close ranges, and at least they gave the soldier some sort of minimal defense against vehicles. With the new vehical weakpoints in SWBF2 concussion grenades could be a bit more useful if they were still in the game.

Must say the short half an hour I spent playing just there I was happy with considering it's not the complete version of the game. Might have a few minor gripes but the feel of the game is better than the original BF, me likey.

:) Yesterday I played Capture the Flag.....the game took quite a while......either we suck or very good.....I talk about half an hour to finish the game, which is much longer than any level in Star Wars Battlefront, which in my opinion is an improvement....after you get the hang of the controls and the game, the game gets a little more exciting/fun. So, from what I saw the game is going to great to play online, splitscreen, and by yourself.

One new item Ive noticed is the scouts auto turret, has anyone found this item useful? I also noticed that the soldiers no longer have concussion grenades, I'm kind of dissapointed by this. Sure they weren't as destructive as thermal detonators but they had there uses, I personally always used them to destroy turrets at close ranges, and at least they gave the soldier some sort of minimal defense against vehicles. With the new vehical weakpoints in SWBF2 concussion grenades could be a bit more useful if they were still in the game.

The Thermal Dets do some pretty good damage to vehicles now, and they stick to them like concussions. 5 or so people with a full load of Thermal Dets can take out the IFT-X! Sounds alot, but in battle, it's nothing considering all the rockets and blasters attacking!

Another thing I've noticed, it seems the technicians and several of the officers lack the standerd blaster pistol back up weapon, I think this is kind of stupid, why did they fail to give them this standard weapon? And does anyone else really dislike the imperial officer's weapon? That sonic blaster, it just doesn't fit him at all, it seems that there just adding weapons for the sake of being diffrent instead of what makes sense

You don't sound like you hate SWBF1 Rebel_Trooper

Well, it's a fantastic idea on paper, and certain elements of the game do go well, but certain mistakes in the development of the game like cutting the AT-XT and AT-PT, removing the Bothan, CC, CIS 6th and Imperial Officer, changing the gameplay so guns are really accurate (they were inaccurate for most of the game's development!) and inaccuracies to the Star Wars universe have placed the game on the wrong side of fun for me.

However, as I say, it isn't a diabolical game. There are some things I like about it, and I try not to constantly complain.

I will say, however, I have been pleasantly surprised with the SWBFII beta. It has been better executed. There is still far too much inaccuracy to Star Wars (as seen in my below comment) but the gameplay and gamemodes make it a worthwhile game.

Yes Redtech, the Sonic Blaster is a Geonosian weapon. And yes, it is out of place. Out of all the things in the beta, I most dislike what they've done with the Officer. He has no good weapon, his pistol is Geonosian (what the hell!?), his rage thing is almost useless and he doesn't even look like an officer. He needs fixing fast!

I've only seen 4-7 human players die from that Geonosian Weaon in SWBF2. Can those turrets even shoot to the ground? Seems, I'll just stick to the sniper.

...lets see if it'll work on my Spyware infected PC!

According to the EULA you agreed to, SWBF2 Beta can be considered spyware. It sould fit right in with the rest of your programs.

The beta version is pretty fun to play.....free and graphics are good....but it restarts to much and freezes. :mad:

Yeah, it's very crash prone. And despite many remaining weaknesses from SWBF1, the infantry game actually feels more fun this time around (though the vehicles are quite nerfed).

Hopefully they can get some good feedback from us and improve the final game and support it, so that it can reach some of the potential it had but never reached, back when the series was first introduced! If they were to improve, tighten up and tweak the space combat especially, this could be a fun game.

Yeah, I dicovered the Incinerator earlier, it's quite good. I'm still not sure about the Bothan though, on the 2 maps you can use him on, he's as visible as just about anyone else, and take into the equation he can't sprint or use weapons while stealth. He's useless, apart from the weapon. The devs really need to upgrade that stealth, he's already still visible, and then he flashes fully every so often. Maybe on Endor or a camo level it'll be good, but that isn't the point. He sucks, full stop.

Although I have heard from others he DOES turn fully invisible, just the flashes give him away. I might test that on a small server.

I think what they intended the "stealth" for was mainly to let you sneak over to a control point and start "capturing" it before anybody realized what was going on. After all, if somebody is patrolling an area between control points and doesn't see anybody anywhere near it, no reason to guard it too closely, right? It's obviously not the same as the Cloaking Shield in Jedi Academy Siege, which was to give you added stealth while sniping. This is more a movement tool to prevent you getting killed on your way to your goal I think.

Speaking of guarding, that reminds me, the last time I played Utapau, Clone Wars, I was fighting and fighting and then realized my ENTIRE TEAM was standing around one control point in their little one man walkers! They were facing the wall, ignoring enemies that would run by in full view of them! (These were bots of course, so bad AI, even on elite sometimes). I had to hop into each walker to force the bot out and order him to go attack something. Heh, the life of a Clone Commander... ;P

One thing I really hope they change in SWBF2 is the heavy weapons troopers mines. In the last game they were fun but could be annoying, especially when someone just ran into a room firing rockets and laying mines as he went, that was really lame and annoying. In SWBF2 it seems that they have tried to fix this problem by giving the Heavy weapons trooper less mines, I really don't think thats going to work. If they want to stop lame mine tactics they should give it to a class that doesn't have a rocket launcher, like the technicians. It would make a lot more sense IMO. It wouldn't hurt to make mines take longer to lay as well.

Archived