Home

Face Customization?

LegoRevan

Should KOTOR 3 Have A Face Customization Option?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Should KOTOR 3 Have A Face Customization Option?

• Yes
    • No
    • I Don't Care

Hey All,

Here's Another Poll For Ya All To Vote On...

I Thought About This Idea For A Fair While And Thought It Would Be A Cool Addition For KOTOR 3. Anyway, How Cool Would It Be To Customize Your PC's Face? Like The Eyes, Hair, Mouth, Colour, etc. For Those Who Have Played The Sims 1 Or 2, You Know What I'm Talking About. No More Just Picking Already Pre-loaded Faces. Argree Or Disargree I Think It Would Make A Big Difference To The Game.

Well That's What I Hopes In KOTOR 3.

What Do You Guys Think?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, why not? I already customize my characters looks, at least as much as I am able, by graphically altering the templates for the faces i.e. creating my own DS transitions, putting makeup on the females, etc. Heck, I can't play the game more than a couple of minutes without wanting to change/mod something. LOL.

I guess there's a quantitative question here, too. I mean, it'd also be great if you could renovate the Hawk, and make HK-47 wear a pink tutu. However, I'm pretty sure I'd rather have the programmers working on things other than engine mods.

That said, I still really like the idea (and voted yes). It's just a question of priorities, and ideal worlds :).

It'd be good to see Alderaan in K3, and to have Bioware at the helm again.

It'd be cool to see the gangs from K1 & K2 along with some new guys too.

It'd also be good to actually hear the PC's voice for once too.

And need I say....... MAKE IT FOR MACINTOSH TOO!!!!!!!!!

And need I say....... MAKE IT FOR MACINTOSH TOO!!!!!!!!!

Totally behind you, but I don't think Aspyr will pick it up again, after ATI screwed up the drivers to make Doom work better. They totally screwed up KotOR. In any case, it's not up to Obsidian, basically what happens is they sell the rights to port the game to Aspyr (or the like).

Yes, Have a voice for the PC. They'd just need a male and female actor to read out the lines and cover all the bases. Also I like the customizeable faces idea- hair style, hair color facial features etc. The more options the better.

I'll give you a medal for that. :)

To Developers:

MAKE THE PC HAVE A VOICE ALREADY!!! I WANT TO FEEL LIKE A CHARACTER, NOT A PUPPET!!!!!!!!!!

I Thought About This Idea For A Fair While And Thought It Would Be A Cool Addition For KOTOR 3. Anyway, How Cool Would It Be To Customize Your PC's Face? Like The Eyes, Hair, Mouth, Colour, etc. For Those Who Have Played The Sims 1 Or 2, You Know What I'm Talking About. No More Just Picking Already Pre-loaded Faces. Argree Or Disargree I Think It Would Make A Big Difference To The Game.

That's a pretty cool idea. But I would rather it be like the Sims 2 where you get to customize absolutly everything about your character's face. Maybe even their clothes...

Yes, Have a voice for the PC. They'd just need a male and female actor to read out the lines and cover all the bases

That would be AMAZING. I agree with Vladmir, I'm tired of not being able to actually hear my character talk. Reading script and actually hearing the voice of a player makes game expirience (to me anyway) a lot more enjoyable. Its one of the reasons why I like KotOR over Morrowind or some other RPG.

I'm tired of not being able to actually hear my character talk.

I'm not sure I want to have the PC speak every line (what if I don't like the voice?), but even the little "Hmm?"s that the KotOR I PC made when you clicked on her (okay, maybe him) added a lot. As I recall, KotOR II was missing this.

I don't want a voice for the PC. I feel it's better for immersion if I imagine his/her voice. Revan's voice in K1 didn't really fit the character, sounded a wee bit too young to me.

That's the thing, we all have our version of how our character sounds like.

It's a bit like Gordon Freeman in Half-Life. If he had a voice, he wouldn't be as cool or loved. Or even Mario, but that's actually unexplainable...

Also I think adding scars to the PC throughout the course of the game would be cool too. Kind of like what they did in Fable. Sort of like what Luke Skywalker's face had with the battle scars. I would imagine nicks from a lightsaber would leave scars right? How about losing limbs in a lightsaber fight? You'd have to get cybernetic replacements etc.

How about losing limbs in a lightsaber fight? You'd have to get cybernetic replacements etc.

You kinda got the scars if you went DS in TSL, no? I did like Bao-Dur and his arm. Though it pissed me off the first time Kreia's hand got cut off, and the cool vibrosword I'd given her to use disappeared from the galaxy. GRRR! I never made that mistake again -- I didn't have much of anything that early in the game!

Though once again I'd rather they put the manpower into story scripting than funky interface feeps and character decorations. I REALLY don't want another game with a premature ending. The engine is pretty mature. I'd rather they just used it more or less as-is, and put the effort into CONTENT! CONTENT! CONTENT! The pretties are nice, but a distant second in what makes KotOR great (IMHO).

Right, they definitely need to work out a story that doesn't have all the plot flaws, dead ends and abrupt ending TSL had. although this was because the game was RUSHED to meet the holiday purchase deadline. Also more NPC development. More interaction and conversation trees with the NPC's. And if there is going to be a love interest, for God's sake- show a kissing scene make it worth the trouble.

Archived