Home

Jedi Knights: Masters of the Force

Shana

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strider nodded, "Don't worry, the Sith know what it is to have a perfect formation and won't want to mess it up. It'll take them days to get fully in formation, and the hyperspace jump here will take quite a bit of time from where they are in the outer rim. Plenty of time to teach them what they need to know."

Strider decided to take it upon himself first to instruct them in lightsaber technique, and began doing so, teaching them moves, dueling techniques, multiple enemy combat techniques, and so on.

Juhn-Kai had gone into deep meditation, he knew Strider was more than capable of teaching the padawan all they needed to know. He now heard a voice in his head, a female voice, the one he had been trying to reach.

"Juhn-Kai Ryu, again you come before me."

- "I must ask for one more chance" - Juhn-Kai said.

"Weren't you the one who said that such power was never meant to wonder this universe?"

- "I still say it is" - Juhn-Kai replied.

"Yet you are willing to wield it once more."

- "Not for myself, but to ensure the future" - Juhn-Kai said.

"You understand that by asking for it again will not be natural...you renunced it once...you must know the consequences of wielding it again"

- "It matters not, it is what must be done...if it is to happen...it will be small price" - Juhn-Kai answered.

"Then, it is your decision...the prophesized power is yours to wield again, may it be with you until the end of your days."

- "So it will" - Juhn-Kai said.

Juhn-Kai awakened, his powers in the force had increased importantly, but not without a price.

Strider continued to concentrate on training the students. They all proved to be learning the moves for the techniques rather easily, but could not seem to execute them in a duel. Strider worked on teaching them how to use the moves in a fight, then once they seemed to get those techniques down, began teaching them how to combat against multiple enemies. At first, he took three students and placed them in a triangle around him, with him in the middle. He instructed them to attack him as if it were a regular opponent. They drew their blades and began attacking. Strider blocked the blade of the first one, twisted out of the way and blocked the second one, then swung horizontally to his side to block the third. His arm twisted downward and blocked the first person's blade again, then across to the second, and again the third. He told them to stop and then backed away. "The idea of fighting multiple opponents is to keep them in your sight. So long as you do that, you can see their muscle movements to predict where their next strikes are going to be. At the same time, when I say sight, that isn't limited to your eyes. If you can "see" them using sound or through the Force, that counts too. As long as you can sense where their attack is going to be, you should be able to block it."

Lyla walked inside the meditation room where Juhn-Kai sat down, his presence had grown stronger in just a moment.

- "Master Juhn-Kai?" - Lyla asked.

- "Yes Lyla?" - Juhn-Kai answered.

- "How did you do that?" - Lyla asked.

- "Do what?" - Juhn-Kai asked.

- "Your power...it boosted greatly just now" - Lyla said.

- "It is an ancient power of my people, Val-Kan and I were born on the day that the prophecy of our people spoke, the Ilenians used to be called wizards, because like the Miraluka all people were force sensitives, a power was promised to the one who emerged triumphant from the battle between Val-Kan and me. But I declined the power, and now I've asked for it but it is not a natural process anymore" - Juhn-Kai said.

- "What do you mean?" - Lyla asked.

- "To wield the power I must face the consequences, and those are that it will deteriorate my body and eventually cease to exit" - Juhn-Kai said.

- "Why yould you do such a thing? I know the True Sith must be powerful but not enough for this, to pay such a price is just not reasonable" - Lyla said.

- "Between the ancient True Sith comes a shadow, a called Lord Morbious, he is me, my opposite, he was part of me but in the past we separated in essence, now he comes to face me in one final challenge, if he dies, I will die with him" - Juhn-Kai said.

Lyla stood there, she wasn't able to fully comprehend it but she left Juhn-Kai. Juhn-Kai stood and went to the training room where he found Strider still teaching his students.

- "How are the lessons coming along?" - Juhn-Kai asked.

Strider turned. Behind him, students could be seen practicing the techniques against each other in one on one or some doing many versus one training, all of them seeming to learn rather quickly.

"So far it's been a rather impressive learning process," he said, "They're picking up the skills rather fast. I just hope they have enough time to practice and master them."

Strider decided to call their attention once more, then began speaking to them about blocking their mind. "I'm going to try and read each of your thoughts. I want you to try and use the Force to shield your mind." He nodded at the first student he was going to try it on. "You first, then I'll work my way around. Be ready, I won't wait, because neither will the Sith."

Strider worked with this lesson with each of the students, each proved to be rather efficient, but none could hold it up for long. Strider gave them some pointers on how to hold it longer, then instructed to that when they lose their guard on their mind, occupy their mind with other thoughts, thoughts that didn't have to do with themselves, even misleading ones, but to do something like play a board game in their head or learn and recite hyperspace routes, among other things. It'll throw them off that that is what they see in your head, giving you enough time to hopefully make a preemptive strike."

Juhn-Kai watched how Strider was giving lessons, he only sat on the ground and started to meditate.

((I'm going to be away for like the whole week so you guys can exercise character control over Lyla and Juhn-Kai just to keep the story moving for the week))

• 2 weeks later...

((I was gone for quite a bit myself, and when I was here I was just checking up. I didn't get a chance to post till yesterday in the WW2 thread.))

Some lengthy time had passed between now and this scout's appearance. The students were becoming very formidable and looked to be ready to challenge the True Sith in combat. Strider had also made it a point to teach them to be more adept in space combat as well, and had even gone out of his way to acquire the Jedi Temple their very own Jedi Starfighters, and personally refitted them with the latest armor, weaponry, and boosters.

Strider nodded upon hearing about the Scout. "I'll personally see to it myself," he said to Juhn-Kai. "The students are in the training chamber, see how it's going would you? Give them any pointers if you have any, as I'm sure you've got plenty to show them as well."

Strider also felt the presence. He let his old Sith Hunter techniques kick in, and began tracking down the presence, heading to its source.

Juhn-Kai watched the students practice, they were in perfect shape. Strider had done a great job preparing them for what is to come.

- "Gather around students" - Juhn-Kai said and all the students started to fall in infront of Juhn-Kai.

- "For what I have seen so far, none of you will be easy prey for the True Sith, and since Master Flamehart has intructed you with all you need to know I will say one thing... concentrate, keep your mind in the moment, never dwell on anything other than what Strider said, shield your thoughts...the words of the true sith are heavy, their corruption too big for anyone to turn away from, help each other and you'll be fine...only together, as one can we defeat the danger that is to come" - Juhn-Kais said and all the students nodded and returned to their practice.

((I'm gonna assume it's a basic true sith scout?))

It didn't take long for Strider to hunt the dark presence down. "Haha, Still got it," he thought to himself. He drew his lightsaber hilt and got into a striking position. "True Sith scout..this'll be a little fun." he thought again to himself. He lept down and ignited his blue blade and swung his blade, knowing that, even if he was extremely lucky, the scout was already moving to block.

(If you want me to go ahead and control the combat, I will in my next post.)

(Alrighty then)

As Strider had predicted, the Scout whirled around and blocked with his red lightsaber and struck again with impeccable speed. Strider was, of course, much faster and easily parried and struck again. The two were interlocked for a time, blades clashing in a magnificent blur. Finally Strider managed to find a weak point in the scout's technique. The scout drew back for a powerful blow, a strong left swing. Strider brought his blade up to block. As he expected, the blow knocked his blade to the side. He spun his hands and brought his blade around and swung at the Sith's now vulnerable right side, getting him right in the side and slicing him in half. Strider deactivated his blade and headed back to the temple.

When Strider arrived back, he stopped before Juhn-Kai and bowed slightly, then spoke, "Scout taken care of. Wasn't too powerful, just took me a bit to find a weakness in his technique...speaking of which..." He turned to the students and called their attention. "There's one little thing I forgot to mention. Along with the combat techniques and skills to defend yourself, I can assure you combat with the True Sith is going to be long and tiring for you, and the True Sith will be relentless. They won't give up. You need to examine their technique while you're fighting them, find a weakness, and then exploit it. Don't take too long, or they'll soon find yours," he instructed. "You may continue your training."

It had been several days now and the students were more powerful and more prepared. Juhn-Kai entered the council chambers and sat down on a chair. Luke and the other master were there.

- "The reports say that there have been sightings of the Sith fleet near Polis Massa" - Kyle said.

Luke frowned.

- "Then they should arrive here in no time" - Luke said.

Mara held on to her husbend's hand.

- "We can defeat them, Master Flamehart has shown the students how to defend themselves against them" - Mara said.

Juhn-Kai shifted slightly in his chair and then spoke.

- "We must move to prepare our defenses, call in the troops of the Republic, even Madalorians to help out, we do not have many Jedi to repel an entire army, we will need all the help we can get" - Juhn-Kai said.

- "What do you think Master Flamehart?" - Luke asked.

Meanwhile, in a secluded training room, Gavin and Briana Starr were discovering that their former masters still had a lot to teach them. When called for, Riebe Sothe and Alyssa Renolin had come back as quickly as they could. Endless lightsaber duels educated the twins in their weaknesses.

"Good," Riebe finally said, deactivating her burnt-orange saber staff. "You are as ready for this fight as we can make you."

Alyssa nodded. "You have learned much."

"I get the feeling we still have much to learn," Gavin said thoughtfully. Alyssa laughed.

"Yes," she agreed. "Riebe graduated me to Jedi Knight nearly fifteen years ago... and she still teaches me new things every once in a while."

"You learn a lot in two thousand years," Riebe said with a small smile. "You can't help but teach what you can to those you've decided to train." She shook her head. "Come. We will find the Council."

They went and found the Council just coming together. They listened in silence to the conversations between Luke, Mara, Juhn-Kai, and Strider.

Strider sighed and tried to think, "I think it would be vain to try and meet them in combat as soon as possible. I've noticed specific students that have been excelling the most at space combat, and although they did learn what I tought about combat, their combat skills are excellent as well, and it would be advisable to use them as part of our space combat teams. I will tell you one thing about the True Sith. They aren't all adept pilots, even with their incredible Force abilities, it just aids their reflexes in space combat, and maybe their target precision, but that doesn't mean their manueverability tactics are top notch. Our own forces, even the non-Jedi pilots, should stand quite a considerable chance. As for the Jedi ground forces...We could split them up into groups, but we need footsoldiers, non Jedi ones, to accompany them. True Sith may be strong, but they are human, enough guys with a blaster can take them down...This is a tough war to wage..it's hard to say whether we stay together in large numbers, or split up. That decision will be left to what you think is best. I think hit and run tactics on planets may work, but won't be effective for removing large numbers, whereas full out assaults could result in large casualties...it's a hard decision to make," Strider finished.

Strider sighed once again, then after some more thought, he had an idea. "We split up into groups. The True Sith are many. Fighting them as a whole will just cut our numbers down to size more than we can allow. So what we'll have to do is, to retake the planets they attack, we'll use small groups of Jedi supported by Alliance soldiers. Why Alliance soldiers? Because they may be True Sith, but even if a True Sith is interlocked in duel with just one Jedi, the man with a blaster might give a long enough distraction for the Jedi to take him down. So anyway, as I was saying, we'll split into groups to fight them planetside, the teams should be mixed with Jedi and Alliance soldiers, and at least one Jedi master to lead and command the group. Two would be reccomended, but I don't know how many Masters we have to spare..." he trailed off, starting to think again. "Do you think we would have time to teach some of the Jedi here the use of Battle Meditation? I believe that would aid greatly in our effort if we could spread the knowledge of that skill. Yes I realize that due to the fact this skill is a four thousand year old skill, most famously used in the Jedi Civil War, but I learned it myself. I'm sure Juhn-Kai probably knows it, and maybe a few of the Sith Hunters picked it up from me when I started using it to assist my combat efficiency, so we'd have more than enough people to teach it, and we don't have to teach it to them about using it on a large scale, just enough so they can use it individually or on those around them." he finished.

• 2 weeks later...

A small battered Jedi Starfighter from the time of the Clone wars landed in the hangar bay of the Temple. Juhn-Kai grinned.

- "I sense a strong presence has arrived at the Academy" - Luke said.

- "Yes, I know who that is" - Juhn-Kai said and got up from his seat to welcome the pilot of the Jedi starfighter.

A young woman with silver hair and silver eyes had jumped out of the ship. She wore a similar robe to Juhn-Kai, only she wore a small skirt instead of the normal pants. Her twin sabers hanging from her belt.

- "I have a feeling you didn't drop by to visit" - Juhn-Kai said.

The girl turned around and ran to him giving him a great and wamr hug.

- "The Elianor told me what happened in my sleep. What have you done Dad?" - the young girl asked.

- "What needs to be done Lin...besides it the end will not come yet, it will come in it's due time" - Juhn-Kai said.

Lin-Kai Ryu was the name of the girl.

"I definitely picked up on that Battle Meditation of yours, Cr... Strider," Riebe said. "I've already taught Alyssa, Briana, and Gavin. Since Erica and Nadira don't go out much on missions any longer, I imagine they've had plenty of time to consider the feat. Perhaps we can set them up somewhere to work on affecting the overall battle."

• 2 months later...

If there is room for one more

Name: Gabe Ritham

Species: Chistori

Appearance: He has black robes. His crest looks that of desanns and has a very peculiar gene of having white puplis. He thinks this symbolises the purity of the force

Homeworld: Tatoonie

Equipment: Green lightsaber, Launching grappling hook, Wrist flashlight

Bio: Gabe was abandoned on tatoonie. He was left in custody of an uncle. The Uncle then gave him up to a wandering stranger. The stranger who recognized the force within him brought him to the jedi academy. He was very good at controling his anger and he recived the rank of jedi knight

((There would be room for one more if this story was even moving anymore. I don't know what happened to Lyla, so therefor I don't really know what's going to happen with this story. When Lyla comes back and gets the story back on track it can continue. As for your character, are you already aware of how the story's been unfolding so far? I realize it's quite long, but if you are not aware do say so so we can sum it up if the story ever does pick up again.))

Archived