Home

Does anyone have any suspisions about what will happen in the last game?

Revan Skywalker

Looking back on my explanation of how playing as Revan would work, I think I have a better idea. How bout around the time in the game when you should be level 20, there's an event going on that you need Revan to take part in (like some bad evil Sith guy) and he becomes a main charcter? He/she would have to be in DS/LS Revan robes. Like Mandalore, you can't take em off. Genius or what?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the exile should be on the jedi council and send the new NPC (who is the padawan to him/her) to look for Revan.

Because of the exile's unique connection with the force, I actually believe he will do what he can to jumpstart the jedi order then return to exile.

Looking back on my explanation of how playing as Revan would work, I think I have a better idea. How bout around the time in the game when you should be level 20, there's an event going on that you need Revan to take part in (like some bad evil Sith guy) and he becomes a main charcter? He/she would have to be in DS/LS Revan robes. Like Mandalore, you can't take em off. Genius or what?

Clever idea :D

Welcome Marick!

sorry, rob, i have to agree with achilles here. i don't think revan is going to survive into k3. it makes more sense for the story for him/her not to, especially given the foreshadowing in k2 (as achilles mentioned). even just his/her appearance in ludo kressh's tomb is a pretty good intimation of revan's fate, imo.

But also remember that Kreia said the Exile was confronting things from the past. When you first go into that place where you battle Revan, there is a shadow of the PC standing behind Revan.

Rob if I had a cookie, I'd give it to you to wager.

After now i've read through the entire tread i really hope there won't be a Kotor III.. Achilles and Rob stated so many things which make me think that Kotor III will somehow dissappoint me.

One of Kotor I's greatest features is the greatest issue in the sequels...

that you can choose your gender and alignment!

Kotor II got a nice open ending.. if they are gonna make Kotor III i would like to see a canonical Revan and Exile.

The other options would be a Kotor lets say 40 years after TSL.. with a new story, new setting, the republic still exists, the true sith are defeated, maybe some chronits tell you hints about Revan's and the Exile's fate.

personally rather than having revan dead i would prefer to have him lost.. he could have gone to Yavin 4 and "conservated" his essence there so someday he can return ^^^

[X] for a Kotor III 40 years after TSL

I also thought at some point in the game, maybe T3 should "die" so to speak. I was thinking, he's kinda old, and he's bound to be more banged up by K3, how much longer will he go? I'd like to see Revan meet up with him and do the honors though...maybe it shows Revan through T3's...eye, and Revan pats him on the head and then shuts him down, and the screen goes dark. Sad I know, but I think it's a touching, nice little scene.

M i rite?

How can that be? Will he beepdobeep the True Sith to death? All I'm saying is that yes he has a part left to play, he, in a sense, knows what happened to Revan and may be the key to finding him.

@ Clone L68362: What do you mean having T3 die? Believe it or not a droid, especially astromechs are quite hardy. Look at R2-D2, he lived through Naboo till all the way to the Joiner King in EU. It was even mentioned in TSL that droids are more resilient than humans. Maybe I should make you an astromech so you can see what I mean. :)

WHAT?!?!?! That's going to happen!?

[Darth Vader] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/Darth Vader]

I wholeheartedly concur!

I hate to point it out to you all, but by rights, Bastila should not have returned for certain in TSL anyhow.

Revan *has* to be a main character, personally I wld like him to be the PC. Quite simply, a resolution is needed to this story arc, then we move on to a new story arc.

If you are talking about Revan's appearance, why not just have your character choose a face in-game or in one of the menus? Or, JediMaster12, like you suggested, have him wearing Revan's robes if DS (those black ones he wears in cutscenes)- but, instead of hood-up Jedi Robes for LS, wears the Star Forge Robes? (Same as Revan's robe but tan-colored)

Ok, here is a story idea I had. Kind of short since I didn't work out many details, but here is an overview. How about this: In short, both the Jedi Council and the Sith are hunting you. Both because they think you are a threat. The Jedi refuse to believe that the Sith have returned, and that the Exile is trying to save the Jedi (perhaps he really isn't, if DS). You have been trained, but only a little by one of Exile's crew, and then Bastila (if alive), before the Jedi turn on you.

For a reason for them turning on you, perhaps Revan could go into the Unknown Regions and rediscover old True Sith temples. The True Sith will not actually be an enemy by the way- you will just find evidence of them, and their cities. You seem to have the ability to unleash the power that Revan found in these places, or to find it. Therefore, the Jedi Council is trying to destroy you in fear.

I realize it has a ton of plot holes, and hardly any real detail, but what do you think as a general outline?

I thought I said that...as a party member (I don't think he would take over as PC) he would be restricted to a LS or DS version of his robes, like Mandalore always wore his suit so you couldn't tell who it was.

EDIT: I did say that, so I'll add on. Rob has the right idea, I was thinking of Revan's LS robes being like the Star Forge texture in RedHawkes Revan The White mod thingy...as for your idea for the story, I guess that wouldn't be too bad.

If you are talking about Revan's appearance, why not just have your character choose a face in-game or in one of the menus? Or, JediMaster12, like you suggested, have him wearing Revan's robes if DS (those black ones he wears in cutscenes)- but, instead of hood-up Jedi Robes for LS, wears the Star Forge Robes? (Same as Revan's robe but tan-colored)

Ok, here is a story idea I had. Kind of short since I didn't work out many details, but here is an overview. How about this: In short, both the Jedi Council and the Sith are hunting you. Both because they think you are a threat. The Jedi refuse to believe that the Sith have returned, and that the Exile is trying to save the Jedi (perhaps he really isn't, if DS). You have been trained, but only a little by one of Exile's crew, and then Bastila (if alive), before the Jedi turn on you.

For a reason for them turning on you, perhaps Revan could go into the Unknown Regions and rediscover old True Sith temples. The True Sith will not actually be an enemy by the way- you will just find evidence of them, and their cities. You seem to have the ability to unleash the power that Revan found in these places, or to find it. Therefore, the Jedi Council is trying to destroy you in fear.

I realize it has a ton of plot holes, and hardly any real detail, but what do you think as a general outline?

Sounds nice to me! The only problem i see is that there is no jedi council after TSL (i always found it hard to believe that 3 jedi masters devided to rather unimportant worlds are the jedi council.. there has to be more)

I really like your idea that the so called "True Sith" are not an actual enemy!

After all iam not all that excited about that now-we-go-and-finally-fight-the-real-enemy. A story about betrayal, misunderstandings and things like that is more interesting than a great war against a superior race imo.

And actually the idea that you choose the Exile's and Revan's appearance right at the start of the game (with some kind of menu) is good! This way they can be in the game without complaining that Revan isnt /male/female/asian/etc.

I dont really care if that is settled via menu or dialog.

The whole choose the apearance of the two previous PC's is quite a daft idea.

Personally I say ditch the exile, he has no real relevance to Reven's story. If you must see Revan at all I say go with the hooded robe thing and don't see his/her face. A quick DS/ls/gender quiz at the begining should be fine... would also establish which character encounters could be triggered. Encounters should only really be cameoes on non-party members.

I say having Revan die ofscreen would be fine. His fate should be a mystery which you must solve. Finding a tomb or somthing would be interesting.

^I'm not quite sure where you got the idea that the Exile has no referance to Revan's story... And since when is it all about Revan? He is very prominent, but why is it all centered around him?

BTW, it is quite a "daft" idea to "ditch the Exile" like he never even existed. Please... :rolleyes: What, the devs are just going to act like TSL was never made, or had nothing to do with the series?

The only problem i see is that there is no jedi council after TSL

Well, they'd get some new ones. I was figuring that there would at least be two councils, the Coruscant High Council, and the Telos Academy Council. Briana would be a Council Member (on Telos), maybe Bastila (Coruscant) if alive.

You could create some others; Including a Yoda-guy, you have to have one of them in K3. :) Off-topic, did Zhar for sure die? Because he might be another choice.

I'm willing to bet he did. Vrook survived, Vandar either dies if DS, and I think he dies on Katarr so he's out for sure, Dorak was never mentioned again so it's safe to assume he died on Dantooine, so that's 2 that die one that lives, it's more likely he didn't survive the Dantooine bombing either.

ok the end of tsl had a 'to be continued' feel about it so imo there is a possibility that you'll be playing as the exile again wich will upset the people wanting to play as revan but imo if you are the exile i suspect revan in a hood'n'mask will be a npc and gender will be decided via an early discussion

now saying that choosing your face for the character in k1&2 as a 'daft' idea is like saying having a game with different endings depending if you choose to go ls or ds is a 'daft' idea

the whole kotor experience is about making choices and the outcome of those choices the only snag is when making a sequal it makes it difficult to inlude previous characters

but that doesnt make it 'daft' imo

now i believe that you will not be exile or revan and you will only get to hear about them but not see them if kotor was to stick to its current method you will be some random new jedi who has to start from scratch woth force powers and will have to wait a bit for his/her lightsabre and you will somehow have access to the ship ebon hawke and the 2 droids t3 and hk and naturally there will be some sith assasins throughout the game you will have to kill and some sith masters aswell and you have the choice of destroying the sith or taking them over add a few side missions some pazaak and swoop racing and you have a game that will take 35hrs+ to complete

So many people would be pissed if Revan was not apart of the last game. Definitely Revan and the Exile, hands down. That was their fate, at the beginning of the character customization screen you should have to be asked certain alignment choices, face model, and job. Then the game could automatically do the rest. I would want a lot of the notable Kotor I and II characters to be in there to fix a lot of loopholes. I mean, TSL is a just a fan-based mod so Atton and others do have the possiblity of returning in the 3rd one.

Like I stated before in previous threads, people that I would like to see be there are...

Carth, Bastila, Atton (find out his true name perhaps?), Bao-Dur, Visas, and the droids. I think in the 3rd one we will finally see why the droid electrocuted HK-47 because he wanted to find out where the Ebon Hawk had been and why it was voice-locked btw.As for appearances, Jolee and the Disciple should make an appearance if a new Jedi Council is being made, but I don't think they should be party member characters. They seem the ones less for adventure anyway. Handmaiden is up in the air for me because I never played w/ her yet.

Peronally, I just think that the Disciple and Handmaiden didn't seem that important because they never got established names.

Archived