Home

Tales of the third age

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ilenal took the front pf the group, the archers following right behind him in a tight formation. He looked behind him at Tanos, Caer, Emara and Ever and nodded for them to come to the sides of the archer group. He then turned and sped up to a nice speed so there was even a slight breeze. They crossed the river and left out for the high pass. The elf now took his hood onto his head, as did the elven archers. all were wearing elven capes and were ready to grab their weapons. Ilenal slowed down to Tanos' speed and looked at him. "Keep quiet. If you have aything to cover your face with, get it ready. There have been talk that the high pass is guarded by tros and we need to hide fast if they catch our scent" he whispered and took a small piece of cloth from his saddlebag, wrapping it onto his face so it covered most of his face, but his eyes were still there, as curious as they ever were, even if they had that worried gleam on them

((Okay, I'm dying over here. I'm watching Wildjedi's profile and what topics is she looking at and seeing that she posts almost everywhere but here. I'm not asking much, now am I?))

Ilenal slowed his speed even more and then rode besides Emara. He took another piece of cloth from his saddle bag, but this one was wrapped around something, and offered it to her. "There. Put this around your neck when we encounter a troll. It will heat up and make a scent that will cover yours, so the troll won't smell you. It'll be easier for you to sneak up on them or hide when you have it" he said and smiled kindly after lowering the cloth around his mouth

Emara took it from him and did as she was told. "Clever..."

Tanos watched the exchange wordlessly and Ever spoke from behind him.

"I know she's your younger sister and all, but you really need to start letting her go," he said quietly. Tanos' eyes narrowed and he reached back to slap Ever.

"Let me decide that time," he growled.

"I just don't want you to get hurt" he said and moved a lock of hair from her forehead and to behind her ear with a couple of fingers. He smiled and continued to ride next to her, moving his cloth back up to cover even his mouth. He looked at Emara with a smile for a moment before he turned to look straight infront of himself, noticing Tanos' eyes on them. He let out a short cought and tried to get his hood to cover his face a bit more, even if it was already shadowing his whole face

"She's so young..." Tanos murmured distractedly. "And he's an Elf. He's already basically told me that he'll be leaving Middle Earth when the time is right... and she'll be left behind thinking that she'd found love." He frowned. "I can't let her go through that."

"Yes, I noticed that in Rivendell" he said and looked at her. "But why is he overprotective now? I'm not doing anything.." he added and looked at her again, lowering the cloth again so she could see his mouth that had a puzzled smile on his face. He suddenly looked at Tnos and then at Emara. "Emara, I have been watching you for a long time..." he quietly said in Sindarin, playing it safe if she didn't kno th elventonges after all. He tried to say it quiet enought for Tanos not to hear it

He smiled and dropped his hood suddenly, looking into his eyes as their horse continued to trot down the rocky path. "That you are beautiful" he continued, still in sindarin. He could see her amusement shine from her face and his eyes sparkled from the sight of it

Then there was a shout from a scout that he had sent a moment's ride away to see out for trolls. He turned to see the scout riding quickly to them. "Torog! Torog!"

Ilenal looked at Emara and sallowed, draing the cloth to cover his mouth, then drew the hood on. "Trolls! Get ready!" he shouted in sindarin, riding quickly out to the front of the archers that picked their longbows and unmounted, rushing up the cliffs to good positions. Ilenal exchanged a few words with the scout and then turned to Tanos. "Three big ones. They've got hammers" he said and drew his sword

Ilenal looked at the archers get ready and sneak around the cliffs until they saw the trolls. One of the archers showed the sign that they were ready and Ilenal nodded, raising his sword. The first arrows were shot and three low-toned growls came from down the path. Ilenal looked at Emara. "Remember what I told you" he said and looked at the piece of cloth wrapped around the pendant. He rode out to battle the trolls, swinging his sword next to him

Before they reached the trolls, ilenal balanced himself ontop of the horse and rose up to stando on it's back. As the troll notice dthis, it tried to swing it's hammer but Ilenal ducked just in time and then sprung up and onto the troll's shoulder, poking the troll's head with his sword for a while before another troll noticed him. A hammer swung, the elf jumped and then the troll that's shoulder he had stood upon had no head anymore Ilenal grinned and turned to see the troll that just now noticed that it had hit his brother's head off. The dead trol lslumped onto the ground

Archived