Home

Tales of the third age

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arathorn and Ilenal exchanged looks that passed on hatred from their past together. "Oh, believe me 'Lord' Arathorn, that I did not want to come here, but Gandalf said it was something of importance to meet you before you left Rivendell" he said before glancing at Tanos and then back at Arathorn. "Just to make clear, I don't have any business with the dunedain anymore and for my part, no unsetled business either. I hope you donot have any unsettled business with me either" he said before taking a sagger from a pouch hanging of his belt and threw it onto the ground between them. "The dagger of Ardalog. which you blamed me of losing. I found it from a merchant in Osgiliath"

Ever blinked. "You look different," he said bluntly.

-------------------

"Did you not loose it?" Arathorn demanded. "Why then did you find it in Osgiliath... in the possessions of a merchant? You cannot find something that has not been lost."

"No, I did not lose it. It was stolen from me" he explained, stepping forwards and grabbing the hilt of his sword, which made the surrounding dunedain draw their swords.

Gandalf shook his head and stpped between them. "Listen to yourselves bickering about a dagger like children" he said with his annoyed, booming voice. "The armies of Sauron march far and wide and you can't think of anything else than bicker" he continued and shook his head, obviously disappointed a the two.

Ilenal exchanged another angry look with Arathorn before stepping away and looking around at the dunedain with their swords in hands, ready to strike the elf down if he layed even a hand on Arathorn. "I am not welcomed here and I deserve those looks, but you go too far by not accepting my apology" he said and turned to the door. He left the house quickly and left Gandalf leaning on his staff and shaking his head. Gandalf looked at Arathorn and repeated himself. "Listen to yourselves..." he said and sighed.

((Oh, come on, Wildjedi. You can't be that bad at thinking of a reply))

((Patience, Tepe... I've been rather busy recently.))

Arathorn stared after Ilenal as he left. "He shouldn't have let it be stolen in the first place..."

"Gandalf is right, Arathorn," Tanos said softly. "It was hardly Ilenal's fault the dagger was stolen."

Arathorn sighed wearily and turned to Gandalf. "I am too weary to have enemies that should be friends. If you can persuade Ilenal to return, I will accept his apology."

Gandalf looked at Arathorn and shook his head and rose to his full lenght. "Arathorn, son of Arador, I am not your message boy. You go fetch Ilenal" he said and looked at the dunedain leader.

Ilenal, not knowing of what was happening inside, continued walking. He nodded as a hello to some familiar faces and then stayed to talk with a couple of female elves after a while. He knew the ladies from his last trips

Arathorn sighed and stood. "Perhaps I deserve no dignity..."

He left in search of Ilenal. Tanos stared after him and turned to Gandalf.

"A Wizard is not a message boy," he agreed finally. "And perhaps I speak out of turn, but was that truly necessary?"

-------------------

Ever studied the man. "Well, I suppose lack of blood and mud would change your appearance... but you are disguised. I don't think the lack of those things would change you quite so dramatically... are you trying to stay concealed in a place that you are not welcome?"

"Never doubt a wizard, young Tanos" Gandalf said before turning to see him only briefly before he would head out and folow Arathorn.

In the meantime, Ilenal was finishing his little conversation with the elven ladies and would head out to the marketplace next. He would have to stock up his supplies for another trip sooner or later

"As cryptic as he is blunt," Tanos muttered to himself. He followed Gandalf. They caught up with Arathorn just as he'd found Ilenal.

"I cannot afford more enemies than I already have," Arathorn said. "You had no reason to apologize to me and it was wrong of me not to accept the apology, though it was not required." He paused. "Forgive me for falsely accusing you."

Arathorn took Ilenal's hand firmly and a relieved smile came to his face. "Thank you."

Tanos turned to Gandalf and said, "From now on, I'll take you at your word and never doubt a Wizard." He chuckled. "Something tells me that was good for both Arathorn and Ilenal."

Tanos' face clouded over in concern. "I will see him immediately."

He hurried off in search of Elrond, but was intercepted by Emara. Her face told him she knew what was going on.

"Tell me," he said. She shook her head.

"I will go with you to Elrond," she said. "But he should be the one to tell you."

"You came with the news of whatever it is, didn't you?" he accused. She nodded wordlessly and led him to Elrond. She bowed and stepped out of Tanos' way.

"Lord Elrond," Tanos said, bowing. "I was told you wanted to see me."

Ilenal followed Tanos and his sister after saying his goobyes and urried after the to siblings had arrived to Elrond's house.

"Tanos. I am glad you came. Rohan is under an attack and we believe Sauron is behind this. There are blacklanders crossing the river consantly and I am sending some of my archers to aid. Gandalf already knows of this and will collectthe dunedain for the journey. If you are up to it, you can leave with the archers" Elrond explained when they arrived infront of him. But before Tanos could answer, the door closed and Ilenal walked to them. "I'll leave with Tanos. He might need some help on the way" he announced

"What do you mean?" Ever demanded, suddenly feeling annoyed at being kept from the food he wanted.

-------------------

Tanos' hands were clenched into fists. "Thank you, Lord Elrond. I will prepare for departure at once."

He bowed, glanced at his sister, and left. Emara's eyes closed for a second. Then, she opened them and smiled. "Thank you, Lord Elrond," she echoed, bowing as her brother had done, and hurried out after him.

Ilenal looked after the humans and shook his head. "Lord Elrond" he said and bowed before rushing after the siblings. He ran over to Tanos as soon as he found them and grabbed his shoulder to stop him. "Tanos, don't make any hasty decisions. Sleep the night here and fill your food supplies. It will be a long journey, even by the high road" he said and walked infront of him to block his path. "Besides, the hobbit is still somewhere around the town and we don't know where"

Archived