Home

Favorite bands?!?!?!

A good way to get to know some one better it to what music they like.

So post your favorite band and your favorite song/s by them here. I might as well start off.

They Might Be Giants a.k.a. TMBG

Birdhouse in your soul

Istanbul

Particle Man

(also, a great way to listen to these songs if you've never heard them before is to use the program here-- http://www.limewire.com--)

That is all. *click*

TMBG-- Experimental Film, Thunder Bird, The Spine, all of it.

Gorillaz--all of their stuff, too.

Hot Hot Heat. In general.

All of them hip techno kids as well.

EDIT: Should probably add the fact that I have at least a million random songs on my ipod--including celtic, Bach, and whale-sounds-to-music. :~

Pwah, I love the Seatbelts, with the Pillows on par. Normally, one would be better than the other, but it's impossible to decide since they're so different, so I just like them both equally.

Other than that, I listen to just about everything. Except country rock. Can't stand the stuff.

edit: Gosh darn it, I'd have to say that They Might Be Giants are near the top of my list now too. Thanks for the referral! :D

I listen to just about everything (no, really), so my music tastes are sort of all over the map and my favorite bands tend to change from month to month (give or take a few old standbys), but...current favorite bands: Gone Jackals, Garbage, Magnetic Fields, Hedningarna, Blue Man Group, Vas, The Wallflowers, Headstones, and Iced Earth.

And that's not including all the individual artists I'm obsessing over at the moment. Clearly, I'm on something of a hard rock kick.

And yes, my music library looks like it was compiled by a pair of bipolar monkeys on a severe sugar high, why do you ask?

• 3 months later...

SORTED BY ARTIST AND ALBUMS I OWN (BY RELEASE DATE; NOT SHOWN)

~Alanis Morisette (Jagged Little Pill; Under Rug Swept; So-Called Chaos)

~Alice in Chains (Alice in Chains AKA Three)

~The Aquabats! (The Return of the Aquabats!; The Fury of the Aquabats!; Vs. The Floating Eye of Death and Other Amazing Adventures Volume 1; Myths, Legends and Other Amazing Adventures Volume 2; Yo! Check Out This Ride! EP; Charge!!)

~Björk (Debut; Post; Medùlla)

~The Capsules (Someone for Everyone)

~The Cranberries (Everybody Else Is Doing It, Why Can't We?; No Need to Argue; Wake Up and Smell The Coffee)

~The Detroit Cobras (Mink Rat or Rabbit; Life, Love and Leaving; Seven Easy Pieces)

~Duran Duran (Decade)

~Enya (A Day Without Rain)

~The Flaming Lips (The Soft Bulletin; Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots)

~Foo Fighters (Foo Fighters; The Colour and the Shape; There Is Nothing Left to Lose; One by One; In Your Honor)

~Garbage (Garbage; Version 2.0; Bleed Like Me)

~The Go-Go's (Greatest Hits)

~L7 (Bricks Are Heavy)

~Le Tigre (Le Tigre; From The Desk of Mr. Lady; Feminist Sweepstakes; This Island)

~The Libertines (The Libertines)

~The Mars Volta (Tremulant EP; De-Loused in the Comatorium; Frances the Mute; Scab Dates [Live])

~Modest Mouse (The Moon and Antartica; Good News for People Who Love Bad News)

~Nine Inch Nails (The Downward Spiral)

~PJ Harvey (Rid of Me; To Bring You My Love; Is This Desire?; Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea; Uh Huh Her)

~Poe (Hello; Haunted)

~Portishead (Dummy; Portishead)

~Queens of the Stone Age (Rated R: Restriced to Everyone, Everywhere, All the Time; Lullabies to Paralyze)

~Radiohead (Pablo Honey; The Bends; Aibag/How Is My Driving? EP; Kid A; Amnesiac; Hail to the Theif)

~The Seatbelts (Earth Girls Are Easy)

~Sleater-Kinney (The Hot Rock; Call The Doctor; Dig Me Out; One Beat)

~Soundgarden (Superunknown)

~They Might Be Giants (Apollo 18; Flood)

~Tracy Bonham (The Burdens of Being Upright)

~Weezer (Blue Album; Green Album; Pinkerton; Make Believe)

~Weird Al (Dare To Be Stupid; Running With Scissors)

~Assorted Artists (Saturday Morning Cartoons Greatest Hits; COWBOY BEBOP CD COLLECTION; Strong Bad Sings and Other Type Hits)

~Personal Compilations (Mixplaced: Mashi's Mix of Misplaced Music; Now That's What I Call Muzak!;Stage of Bonusity; H*R Assortment Platter)

*pant pant* That SHOOOULD be everything.

I don't know who all I like now. My music taste is changing faster that I am aging. I don't like a lot of bands, mainly solo artist.

I do enjoy Queen more that anything, for Freddy Murcury had a way with seducing guys, and girls who didn't know he was like that. I like Falco, Gwen Stefani, Evanesence, Alicia Keys, Toby Lightman, KT Tunstall, Christina Aguilera, Beastie Boys, A lot of Latin Salsa-type dancing music, and the broadway songs from Chicago and Wicked. I am such a freak when it comes to taste in music.

My favorite song from Bloodhound Gang is Pacman on Crack.

But Darth_ave, those are the bands I listen to the most however I love all types of music. I'd have to go for perferred genres.

Classical

Metal

Electronica

Indie

Goth (Bauhaus and the such. Not the crap being pumped out today)

Disco

but it really depends on the mood I'm in.

Archived