Home

"Last" KotOR?

The Doctor

I've noticed that most people who comment here do so under the impression that KotOR III will be the last KotOR game. Is there solid evidence of this? If so, what is it? If the idea remains popular, will they keep making more, not necessarily based on Revan? Will they kill the franchise, like so many games before it?

No confirmation of anything, but people would rather let the serie die in a glorious third opus rather then see it stretched out and die in shame.

Maybe we'll see another SW RPG in the future, but one thing is for sure, most of us would rather see the end of Revan's story and perhaps the Knights of the Old Republic timeline too after they complete the trilogy.

No way. I'm hopeful that KotOR will be a going concern, however that depends on the strength of the story and profitability of the franchise. There is more than sufficient EU material to carry forward, however LA will need to tap talented developers and writers to keep things alive.

You might have noticed my obvious contempt for what I call the "SW:KotOR - The Third Time" theory (where all the game one characters refuse to die even though they've outlived their usefullness). This stems from a strong feeling that if LA wants to carry this into a long-term series, they need to break their ties with Revan ASAP. Begin seeding a new story line now and transition away from the first game completely.

I think the next game will be a clear indicator of where LA wants to go. If K3 is still strongly Revan-centric, and they end the game without any foreshadowing toward a K4, then we can safely predict that the series will die with the third installment.

As far as K3 goes I would like to see the Revan/true sith story wrapped up and ended. As far as KOTOR as a franchise goes, they have thousands of years to play with. Why limit the time period. They could start a new trilogy or several single episode games or whatever. Even if they used the same time period, it's a big galaxy. There could be epic stories from jedi and sith that we haven't heard yet.

It's because people view the KOTOR games as a "trilogy", despite the fact we don't know for sure if a)it actually will be a trilogy and b)if there is even going to be a KOTOR 3.

I'm with the people who want KOTOR to end after III, then move on to a different era to base the next series on.

Ah, that is why you don't like that idea Achilles. I usually think of KotOR III as being the end of the trilogy; I think that they should make more RPGs, around that timeline, but I think that K3 should wrap up Revan, the Exile, and whoever. I would really like to see more games about that time period though.

ok if they make kotor then end of this paricular trilogy so be it, but you never know they may make a prequal trilogy making the first game the fourth game etc

or they might start a new trilogy called knights of the new republic, or just plain knights of the republic, they might even do a 3rd/1st person shooter based on the mandolorian wars

my point is even if they end this trilogy, the name probably wont die like all things star wars if theres money in it they'll probably find a way to flog it that have nothing to do with the original idea

Personally, i think it will be a trilogy, and k3 will be the end of THIS one.

But remember: The Old Republic stretches itself long. From far before Exar Kun, utnil the events of Episode 3. I think LA can make some really cool games about the jedi history/future.

Isn't Knights of the New Republic a good idea?

Personally, i think it will be a trilogy, and k3 will be the end of THIS one.

But remember: The Old Republic stretches itself long. From far before Exar Kun, utnil the events of Episode 3. I think LA can make some really cool games about the jedi history/future.

Isn't Knights of the New Republic a good idea?

Didn't Palpatine say in AOTC that he "would not allow this 3rd Republic, which has survived for over a thousand years...." or something like that?

^^^^

I will confirm that, I think the quote was "I will not allow this Republic..."

I myself have been going on the assumption that K3 will be the last game, which is probably why I don't see the problem of a lot of people returning. While I don't mind having more games in the KotOR time period, in fact I would love that, I think that K3 should wrap up Revan, the Exile, and the New PC. I think that the other games, while they will probably be connected strongly with the KotOR series, should start their own set of villains and heros.

I think that the other games, while they will probably be connected strongly with the KotOR series, should start their own set of villains and heros.

They should be as connected to the "Revan saga" as much as KOTOR has been connected to the movies. In other words, just a passing mention without having to rely on it or build a story around it.

I agree...

KOTOR is a great series, and i think that the fans wouldn't like an EA aproach of making a sequel every year.

I tink we liked Kotor ( 1 ) so much, because even Stevie Wonder could see the work that has been put in its development.

But off course, the fans expect more.And lets face it: Kotor 2 was a good game, but it didn't bring enough new stuff compared to K1.

Kotor 2 had no great stories, no cool level build ( shudders cause remembering Telos), and NPC's.

In short terms:

Finish it, and FINISH IT GOOD

I have heard rumors that they are only making 3 games. However, if they are smart they will keep making them until they don't make money from them anymore. As long as they keep making them good, I don't care how many they make. I think we'll be able to tell whether they're gonna make another after we see the ending of K3.

Wow, havent I been absent from this forum a long time. Just saw the new KOTOR III section. So even if you dont care, hello everyone! (Again!)

And I do think K3 Should be the last one. But, they should make more SW RPG's in the future, maybe with a KOTOR similar engine, cause it totally rocks. How about KOTRRROR? (Knights of the really really REALLY old republic.) It would about the foundation of the republic and the jedi order, and you (as always) would be the essential element for this.

Well then, enough rant.

Hmmm sorry, screwed up the timeline a little bit, heh. So, you could be one of the Jedi who helps founding the Republic, and having a cataclismic plot thrown in too. Or you could really be one of the founding Jedi Order, being in a Republic-less galaxy would be cool, without any real body of intergalactic law.

Archived