Home

Top Ten KOTOR 1 Mods

DarkExcalibur42

I don't think the modders get enough positive feedback on the stuff they make for all us bums who can't figure out how it all works. So... this thread is for POSITIVE FEEDBACK ONLY! And since i'm too poor to own KOTOR 2 (yet), I don't have much of an opinion on those mods. But that's not stopping someone else from listing the best KOTOR2 mods...

Anyhow, the best mods i've downloaded thus far...

Redhawke's Ord Mandell and Weebul and Utinii's shop are definitely at the top of the list. Anything that adds new game content... makes me giddy :D

I've got a Roleplay Padawan mod i downloaded from.... (i don't really know...), but it was made by Grif Vindh who based his work off Achilles' Padawan mod. It makes Trask a jedi who trained you, and you become a jedi on the Endar Spire.

Some people will think I am insane for some of these mods, but I don't care. They aren't in any particular order:

1) USM. Great work on this, guys. I love it.

2) Harcore mod. The game gets to easy with all the other mods and cheats.

3) The Naked Bastila/Mission/Juhani mod. Can't give the URL, or I'll get in trouble.

4) RedHawke's full Revan Robe mod. I forget what it's called at the moment. Great job, RH, I spent hours looking for that mod.

5) The Elemental Lightsaber Pack. Although the author (for those who don't know, it was Voyager763) is a jerk, but I liked his non-launcher mods.

6) The Cyber-Pack, also by Voyager763. I'm a Star Trek fan, and I loved the Borg inspired items.

7) make Carth/Canderous/Mission a Jedi mods by RedHawke. FULL JEDI PARTY KICKS @$$

8) Roleplay Padawan Mod. Self-explanatory.

9) Skip Endar Spire mod. I forget who made it. I hated havong to do the Endar Spire every time I created a new game.

10) Any of the original trilogy selectable PC mods. Those were amazing. I think those were done by either Avol or Sciamono.

I don't think I have a particular order, but my favorite 10 kotor mods are Prime's Movie style jedi robes, T&nowhere's lightsaber 6-pack, all of RedHawke's item mods, Ord Mandell, Weebul and Utini's shop, recruit Darkkender, of course the Plug-in which included a couple of these I think, svosh's reva redemption robes... I'm sure I used more, but these are the ones I can remember. I'm probably missing one I used a ton, but I haven't played that game in so long with mods :(

Probably (not in order) these, with a link to the page they were found:

Wookiee Amulet

Color Crystals

Skip Endar Spire

Easy Swoop Racing

Manaan Selkath Door Relief Mod

Ultimate Saber Mod

And, I am looking forward to getting Redhawke's Ord Mantell Mod and Weebul and Utinii's emporium, it seems they are highly thought of. There were a couple others that I am going to maybe get, but I can't remember now :rolleyes:.

For KOTOR1, I would have to say the Juhani Dark Robes, T7's lightsaber 6 pack, the Dothmir (sp?) Sorceress Robes, Make Carth a Jedi, Make Mission a Jedi, Bastilas Revelation Robes, the recent Feminine Cutscene Revan robes. I know there are more, but that is all that come to mind at the moment.

LS 6 Pack

Neequams Robes

Ord Mandell

D333's party Mods

Selkath Relief Mod

HardCore

Probably more, just cant remember what all use'd to be in the override.

@ staffsaberist & The Doctor.... There is a PM function to avoid moderator wrath for posting questionable links you know...

*Laughs at the flood of PM's the Doc's going to find in his box from hard up kids wanting to see pixilated boobies*

:devburn:

*EDIT* @ Hawke; Fixed * ;)

Talchia's hardcore mod

Talchia's padawan mod

Prime's robe mod

Neequam's robe mod

Colja's lightsaber hilt

Darth333's selkath door relief

Darth333's EZ swoop racing (although default K1 swoop racing is pretty freaking easy)

I'm pretty sure that everything else in my override folder is mine ;)

Talchia's Hardcore Mod

Prime's Robe Skins

Achilles Robes and Armors

Darth333's Manaan Door Relief

Darth333's EZ Swoop Racing

Darth333's Deadeye Duncan on Manaan

Svosh's Item Pack

T7nowhere's Bastila On Korriban

Hoa_Binh's Romance Mod

Various Reskins Done By Numerous People

Like Achilles, I also am pretty sure the rest of the junk in my KOTOR override is all mine! :D

@ FiEND that's ORD Mandell... ;)

Sorry guys, but it's my planet mod so I can call it what I want... it's ORD Mandell! :xp:

Besides ORD Mantell would look more Dantooine or Telos like. I had to use Korriban modules, those show a dry and arid world, it just wouldn't have fit. There are supposedly many planets in Star Wars with the prefix ORD... I picked the name I wanted close to it, so I wouldn't have to alter my dialogues much, and went with that. ;)

I realize that, it is your mod. I just thought since you called it Ord Mandell, and it is a republic supply station, that you had made a mistake; because that is exactly what Ord Mantell is. I didn't realize you changed the name on purpose, because it is actually suppose to be Ord Mantell with a "t."

I just thought since you called it Ord Mandell, and it is a republic supply station, that you had made a mistake; because that is exactly what Ord Mantell is.

Actually Rob all ORD's performed the same function, this is what ORD stands for...

Official Republic Depot

Later in the OT Time this becomes:

Old Republic Depot

All of them would be supply depots in the KOTOR timeline because the Republic still has it's military. There are many more than just ORD Mantell. A large chunk of them are abandoned after the Republic Military is disbanded, but a few survived if the colonies in question had some sort of economy to fall back on. Everyone focuses on ORD Mantell because Han Solo mentions it. :)

I didn't realize you changed the name on purpose,

Nobody has asked this question before. But a small piece of advice... Before telling a mod maker they are 'incorrect', you should ask them "why" something is the way it is, as there very well can be a method to their madness. ;)

We should probably get back on topic? So Back on topic! :D

*Laughs at the flood of PM's the Doc's going to find in his box from hard up kids wanting to see pixilated boobies*

:devburn:

Yeah, including me! You made me check my Inbox just to be sure I disn't have any messages of my own, considering I found it. Uh... maybe it's my resolution, so, well, I probably shouldn't complain about the quality of it... but I ended up removing that mod. :(

Archived