Home

Glad I found you

Red9

Hello!

being an old git I remember playing all the starwars sims form the first one. I was just wondering, since alliance are there no new sims? or are there any mods for alliance that improves it?

I miss having a good old star wars incockpit sim.

cheers

Red9

There are still lots of mods available. You'll want to get Darksaber's Ultimate Craft Pack and the newer stuff from the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project (either search the news archives for OPTs released after December 2003 or look at this thread and also get the Xiytiar Transport, since it was released after the thread was posted). I have other mods listed on a compilation page on TheForce.net. :)

We must be given a decent, all-new Star Wars flight sim immediately, or my drunken comrades and myself will force the cockpit door and indulge our fantasies the hard (albeit more interesting) way!

I mean, there've been like THREE freaking Star Wars movies since they did XWA...! Jeezix.

If they do do another one I don't want no crappy prequel version, we already had the prequel Rogue Squadrons *cough* Jedi starfighter *cough* The serious sims belong in the classic timeframe. I'd do ANYTHING for another great Tie fighter or Xwing, sadly i doubt its going to happen... :(

I remember back in my XvT days when I would select the TIE/A with a beam weapon, which I would then turn off so the additional generator would bleed straight into the engines. Nothing was faster than that, not even fear itself! You simply can't do that kind of stuff in the Rogue Squadron games...

Enough talk! I'm unbuckling myself and going up front to have a talk with the pilot. The seat belt sign can bite off, and if the waitress isn't scared of me yet, then she ain't paying attention--!

*(Gets up and drunkenly staggers back to the women's lavoratory, forces his way in. A loud crash is heard, then silence.)*

I remember back in my XvT days when I would select the TIE/A with a beam weapon, which I would then turn off so the additional generator would bleed straight into the engines. Nothing was faster than that, not even fear itself! You simply can't do that kind of stuff in the Rogue Squadron games...

You couldn't do that in other space combat sims either. Or rather you COULD, but there was no reason to, because you had afterburners. Energy management became totally useless when you had afterburners, because you could get ridiculous speed whenever you needed it. The X-Wing series stands above all other major space sims on these grounds alone - you had to employ some strategy in power management.

Kylilin: I've been fast, twisty and bold. Yourself?

*(Targets imperial gunboats dropping out of hyperspace near the local buoy, switches off both gun and shield generators as he jams the throttle to maximum. As both generators feed straight into the engines, sends multiple blind sighted missiles toward the gunboats; as soon as they are in gun range, throttles down to one-third, raises gun and shield capacitors to max and replenishes the lasers off of the residual shield charge. Blasts the gunboats into iridified space dust.)*

Sigh. :max:

Archived