41 members have voted

1. 1. What console will you be getting?

• Xbox 360
    • PS3
    • Revolution
    • I'll stick w/ the PC
    • None of the above?

Maybe it'd help if Microsoft didn't bother with the core system... :dozey:

ya, wuts up w/ that? wuts the point of the core version? everyone, at least the people w/ brain will. get the normal version...

microsoft just wasted a whole hell of a lotta time and money on that core version...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ya, wuts up w/ that? wuts the point of the core version? everyone, at least the people w/ brain will. get the normal version...

You honestly think that there won't be ways to hook up el cheapo hard drives to the 360 for more than $30? Thats why I'm holding off for a while.

PS3 is pointless because all that's getting released are sequels to crappy games, save for MGS which is good.

Heh... I have to admit, thats the only reason I want a PS3... and PS2 for that matter... MGS. Man, I am hooked.

Actually, this could be good news- as we know MGS 4 is that last MGS game, claims Hideo Kojima. Sure its been said before, but I believe him this time- why? Hes been saying that he has always wanted to make a special video game, but that the technology is not currently available. All of a sudden he is saying that tech is available, and hes making a completley new series, or for all we know, genre (he made the stealth genre) for the Nintendo Revolution. As we know, games like MGS are pure sweetness, so I can't expect less from Kojima. I mean, I've met people who say MGS sucks, and I say, how about I let you borrow and they come back freaking out about how awesome it is... I've only met one person who said he doesn't like it, and thats because... well... it was too hard for him to even get to revolver ocelot... heh...

But yeah, I am excited. If MGS is enough for me to buy a PS2/3 Then I can't wait to see what Kojima has in store for the Revolution... I wonder how it incorporates the new tech (obviously, the controller...)

Some people like to tell me that the new consoles always have better graphics gameplay etc than PC but thats only true for about 3 months (At least for the graphics..)

I hate to generalize but I pretty well think every console game I've played I've lost interest in around a week. I won't be getting another console for a good while.

Definatly sticking with PC.

EDIT: I have an Xbox and I'm keeping it. Consoles are still great fun for when friends are over but thats it for me, I think. If I want to play a game online I'd choose PC over Xbox360/PS3/Revolution any day hehe.

So far, after seeing a few 360 games reviewed, i'm starting to think the 360 MIGHT be dreamcast like after all. To me the graphics aren't looking mind-blowing by any sense of the the imagination... they are nice incremental improvements over the xbox graphics, but the jump seems a lot smaller than previous generations.

The gameplay don't look any different to the current generation, and the fact that lots of games are being launched on xbox, ps2, pc AND xbox360 bears this out.

The important thing might be how big the gap is between ps3 and xbox360 graphics. At the moment there seems to be no appetite for the ps3 at all (except fot a few exclusive games), but once the gloss wears off the 360 i'm thinking the ps3 might start looking appealing if its graphically more of a generational leap.

Archived