Home

boarding action!

deamonomic

It depends on who is on the server. You fly in and land. Run up a set of stairs and through a door. In the main room there are turret posts you can get in and control the captial ship's external turrets. The turret mainframe is in the center of the room. It takes two time bombs to blow it up. There also two auto turrets in the room. Three smaller rooms are off the main room. They contain the bridge, shield generator, and propulsion system.

You can land any ship into the enemy hanger and you can steal their ships too. They respawn pretty fast, so if the type you want isn't there you normally don't have to wait long.

Sometimes people will notice you landing and go after you. Other times, if they are too busy attacking your captial ship, you can seank on their's and cause a lot of damage.

Timebombs cause a lot more damage than rockets.

Since you can disable autoturrets by blowing up the autoturret controls and disable shields by attacking the shield generator, do enemy units take damage when you blow up the life support systems? Thinking like when you run outside on Polis Massa...

If would be funny if the AT-AT was pushed aside if it tried to step on someone. Then again, you might be able to use this to your advantage. With a little team work, the empire can stand in the path of the AT-AT and get it 'pushed' along the map faster.

Too bad it doesn't work that way. Vehicles crush units. Vehicles resist landing on each other. I don't remember if units can walk on other units (think of a person being on top of a moving invisible spy...) but I don't think they can in SWBF2. In SWBF1 they could.

Man, I was kind of dissapointed with the boarding action on the game, instead of the boarders fighting with defenders amongst the corridors and rooms of the ships it's basicly a mad rush to shoot the one annoying pilot before he plants to many time bombs, or to run and place a time bomb before you are inevitably shot down...

Yea, my first though when I heard about space maps was where you would land on the enemy ship and capture CPs inside of it to win the battle.

You would battle in space to get to the enemy ship. Then you would battle in the hanger for the hanger CP which spawns the space ships. Next you would move into the ship and fight your way to its control center.

Of course the real SWBF2 space maps are nothing like this.

I thought that there would be like 3 command posts in a ship, hangar, bridge, and engine. That would be sweet, and you could actually capture them.

It also sucks that there is only one main ship you can land in. Even though space batlle above Corosant has 2, but thats only in the demo.

Archived