Home

Windows Vista is a hardware beast !!!!!!

OptimalOptimus

Unless it fails as bad, or worse than, Windows ME.

Begonst sinner, do not metion that demons name in this town lest ye be banned at the stake! :xp:

j/k

But honestly, it looks dumb, dumb, and dumberer. One of my relatives has ME and.. just...yeagh :whacked:

My Conclusion: Microsoft Vista = Sucky :smash:

^^^^

ahh, gotcha. after a quick search, i most definatively stand corrected. you can tell that i'm a gamer: most of my tech knowledge comes from mainstream stuff thats more widespread as opposed to tech on products that hardly ever entered the market. goes to show that you learn something new everyday. :)

PCI-X was only found on server boards.

You seem to be knowledgeable about hardware so I figured you just had a brain fart or something :p (I'm by no means claiming to be an expert)

As far as Windows Vista, I'll be riding Win2K until the proverbial wheels fall off.

goes to show that you learn something new everyday.

Indeed. :)

I tried out the beta via my companies subscription to tech.net from MS and I wasn't impressed. I'm not sure if it will be standard or not but ours (due to size) was on DVD so anyone without a DVD player is out right off for the install.

It reminded me of a slightly tweaked looking XP and I didn't care for it. I must admit I only tried it out for an 8 hour day but from what I see I'll leave my copy of it right where it is on the shelf for a couple years after it comes out. ;)

The general requirements for the OS from what I can tell are a bit too high for most pc owners anywho. Most pc's I work on for people only have what they ship with RAM wise as well as video card.

Just My 2 Bits,

:ben:

General Kenobi

I will probally upgrade to Vista. Even though I bought my current computer about a year and a half ago, I will no doubt buy another computer when Vista arrives. I have plans on buying a new computer in the next six to nine months, so I will be geared to go... Unfortunatly, I have to keep up with everything. If I don't stay ahead of the graphics curve, companies will look pass me to the next person. Even though I am a graphic designer, I need to keep learning, so I can over throw the next designer. I more than welcome Vista. Not because I want to, but because: If I don't, someone else will...

Archived