Home

Sony PSP

Darth Groovy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for answering all my stupid questions guys, you have been a tremendous help. ;)

On with my stupid questions:

I'm hearing alot of great things about SOCOM: Fire Team Bravo. I never bought a PS2, so i've never played a SOCOM game. Multiplayer on this game features a headset. Where do I find this headset?

I got the Giga pack yesterday. It's partly a gift from relatives, so it has to stay stashed until x-mas, with the stipulation that I can at least charge it before X day. :p

I need to keep investigating games and accesories. What is the best screen protection that is out there? Those screens seem to scratch pretty easily, and I hear they are not cheap to replace.

i've heard that there is like 7 dead pixels on them and when u send it back for a new one, the one u get also has dead pixels...now, dont quote me on this, this is wut i heard, i wanted a PSP but when i heard that i thought i would wait...

just my 2cents

you get dead pixels on pretty much any lcd display. THey aren't usually noticable, unless you are unlucky and get a whole load together. Even the strict standards for LCD displays allow for 3 or 4 dead pixels.

So i wouldn't let it put you off if that is the only reason not to get one.

Okay.....

Anybody have anything positive to say about the PSP? :(

Umm, well... It looks really cool, you can get the attention of anyone at the mall by flashing that sucker around? Hehehe....

*Continues to listening to the FLCL Theme on a constant loop*

Okay.....

Definitely - the graphics rock, the sound is pretty good, and it is quite usable as a portable multimedia center in lieu of (better) dedicated players.

Looking at games like Untold Legends or X-Men Legends II, you see how great the controls *can be*, and check out the cutscenes in XMen ... jaw-dropping. I'm playing the RPG's Legend of Heroes and Kingdom of Paradise and they play great as well.

There is some good stuff there - I think it is easy to pick it apart, as the value at 2x the DS price isn't there.

Mike

Okay.....

XD But I did say something positive, I said that chances are you won't get any dead pixels in current PSPs.

Oh but don't go twisting the PSP... it doesn't like that. A friend of mine is an "aggressive" gamer, he's the kinda guy who applies a lot of pressure to a controller/handheld when he's playing something and that kind of thing isn't good for your PSP.

But really Groov, it's not good to hear just all positive things about a product, if there are problems or any sort you should know about it so you're not surprised if you find it out for yourself.

It's like how I would advise someone who's getting a DS not to apply too much pressure to the touchscreen with the stylus unless they want to scratch it. You know those types of scratches you can't quite feel but if you hold your device at a certain angle in the light you can see them.

I can't get the list directly, but if you go here and choose my name (Mike Anderson) and PSP, you will get the list.

As for SW BF2, here is a snip

<i>Star Wars Battlefront II</i> is a good, if unremarkable, first entry for the Star Wars franchise on the PSP. Even the multiplayer implementation is merely serviceable – rather than offering full WiFi multiplayer battles, the game only allows players to use the ad-hoc (local wireless) mode. The graphics and sound were very well done, and there were elements within the game that pointed to the possibility of an excellent Star Wars game for the platform. However, the fundamental issues with first-person shooter controls and camera issues on the PSP are a significant limiting factor for the fun and quality of this game. I found the game to be pretty good fun – and have kept it with me for occasional quick battles – but can only imaging how great the game would be with a good control system to match the excellent visuals.
from my 3.5/5 star review (no idea when it will be posted).

Mike

i just saw(from a magazine advertisement thats in a magazine :S ) that you could watch TV on ur PSP...and that u could make games that work on other consoles or w/e, work on th PSP...

If you can get any video source properly encoded, you can put it on a memory stick and watch it. That is very different than sitting around watching the live sports action from the airport.

As for that other stuff, it is using emulators, which are illegal (the ROMS are anyway) and they generally don't work with any version of PSP that supports any non-crap PSP games except Lumines.

Mike

I got to try out a traded in PSP today, and they traded in a copy of Need For Speed Underground Rivals. It looked and sounded gorgeous, but the controls were kind of awkward. I kept crashing into the walls, and driving down the wrong side of the road. :p Is this just not one of the best games, or do the controls just take some getting used too?

Oh, the PSP. What a lovely little device.

I got to play one at a pawn shop once. It's a really neat little device. I got to play Tony Hawk somethingoranother.

It's a really awesome thing, but the load times suck badly.

But meh, it is really nice, despite the load times. I think I can live with that. Hah.

Anyways, I've been wanting one, and I've been doing the free approach. So, as ya'll know, I got a free computer and a free ipod from the company, and I'm trying to get a free ipod now. If anyone wants to help me get a free one, I'll either send you a game, a few CDs, or 5 bucks. (PM me or IM me on AIM at eyeneek)

Oh, the PSP. What a lovely little device.

I got to play one at a pawn shop once. It's a really neat little device. I got to play Tony Hawk somethingoranother.

It's a really awesome thing, but the load times suck badly.

But meh, it is really nice, despite the load times. I think I can live with that. Hah.

Anyways, I've been wanting one, and I've been doing the free approach. So, as ya'll know, I got a free computer and a free ipod from the company, and I'm trying to get a free ipod now. If anyone wants to help me get a free one, I'll either send you a game, a few CDs, or 5 bucks. (PM me or IM me on AIM at eyeneek)

What happened to the "free" ipod you got before? You like posted tons of pictures of it right here in the swamp.

And from the fine fellowship of the swamp, we cannot stress the dangers that fall from pyramid schemes. There are hundreds of them out there, and they all specialize in either getting you to advertise for them, or cutting into your expense accounts.

What happened to the "free" ipod you got before? You like posted tons of pictures of it right here in the swamp.

And from the fine fellowship of the swamp, we cannot stress the dangers that fall from pyramid schemes. There are hundreds of them out there, and they all specialize in either getting you to advertise for them, or cutting into your expense accounts.

My free iPod, I sold to my friend for $200. He borrowed it one day, and it came back all scratched to hell. And he wanted it, so I sold it to him. $200 profit. :p

And my compie, I'm on it right now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/acrylicguitar/AUT_1978.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/acrylicguitar/AUT_1976.jpg (monitor, speakers, etc didnt come with it)

So, I mean, most of these sites do work. I mean, the freepay sites do work for the most part. Just as long as you read the rules, and don't do anything against the TOS there.

Anyways, I don't want to turn this into a thread discussing my free stuff. I could make a specific thread dealing in how awesome I am when I get free stuff. :p OR, you could always PM me.

But this is a PSP thread. Resume that discussion, please.

Archived