Home

Stuck on some plot points (possible spoilers)

MdKnightR

I am having trouble with some plot points and was wondering if anyone could help me out. I am sorry if this has already been brought up. Also, I am playing the PC version of the game if that has anything to do with it.

Uthura Ban - I have heard numerous times that you can turn her to the Light Side, but all attempts to do so have failed. The most I can do is to allow her to flee with her life.

Juhani - I can never get to the guy who used to/wanted to own her as a slave.

Carth Romance - I haven't been able to trigger the beach scene where Mission says "Get a room, will ya?" But with the same playthrough, if I go back to a save before the temple summit and decide to go Dark Side, in the end Carth shows up on the Star Forge with the intent to save Revan just he is supposed to if you have said all the right things in the Romance thread. A recent "Carth Romance Fix" mod has been released and I have yet to play it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Yuthura Ban: Here is what you have to do-

When you first arrive in the academy, talk to Yuthura and ask about her past ("I want to know more about you...."). Keep following that as long as you can, you may have to gain more experience if she won't tell you, I don't know. But anyways, just keep asking her when you can (before Sadow's tomb), and if you get to the end of her story, she will start calling you "friend" when you speak to her. Once you get her to this point, you have done the most you can.

Now, for the second part: When you fight Yuthura, don't poison her, and don't side with Uthar or don't side against both of them (side with Yuthura). Once Uthar is dead, and she attacks you, just make the appropriate light side choices in the dialogue. I don't quite remember what it is, but it is stuff like "The Jedi will forgive you... Perhaps this is the time to change your ways, " or something like that. Then, she will turn to the LS, and the academy will be hostile.

BONUS: If you do this and Korriban is your second or first planet (Dantooine hasn't been destroyed, then if you go outside to the courtyard on Dantooine you will find her at the far end in the paved area. You can talk to her to find out some more interesting things, and about what happened when she came back.

Now, for Carth:

I think for Carth you have to complete his son's sidequest (Dustil on Korriban), and turn his son to the lightside by proving the Sith are evil (you have to find a datapad in Uthar's room. Then, if you keep going with the romance, Carth should say "After this is over..." and Mission will chime in "Get a room..." I think you have to do the sidequest to get the romance fully complete, just like with Bastila

Juhani:

Just keep following her story along. I think the places he usually hits are Korriban and somewhere else. But be warned: it is very, very buggy, especially if you get the "this man appears to be looking for someone" message, because she is not in your party. Somewhere in here I made a thread about the Juhani bug, and D333 posted a fix for it, you might want to download that. Just a note, though; I don't know if this is fixed by D333 in the fix, but don't trigger it until after the Leviathan- otherwise, Mika Dorin for some reason won't sell you his premium items.

Hope that helps! :)

As for Carth, I have completed that sidequest in the past with no success for the lightside version of the romance. I will be trying again soon though. Thanks again!

Don't ever tell him to shut up and make sure you save Dustil. As for calling him names, such as Don't hesitate to call him names like Gamorrean pig-man and arguing with him a little bit...he seems to like it and it leads to pretty hilarious dialogues such as this one:

R.: You look like you want to say something.

Carth: Oh, you can tell, can you?

R.: Well, your mouth keeps opening. That's a sign, I think.

Carth: Oh, yeah? Well listen, beautiful, I don't need to take this abuse. I get enough female Jedi bashing from Bastila, thank you very much.

R.: Don't like it, huh? What are you going to do about it?

Carth: Wouldn't you like to know. Just you wait, sister.

R.: You love the attention. Admit it.

Carth: You think so? I could probably get the same kind of attention from a blaster rifle.

R. Oh, I think there's things I can do that a blaster can't.

Carth: Now *that* I'd like to see. Or would I? You've got my damn head on backwards, you know that?

Do that and he'll "fall for you" :p

Hmmmm, well I have the Carth Romance fix on and either I must have done something wrong and told him things that hurt him or else I installed it wrong but I just go into the Ebon Hawk and never get any romance or mission lines other than the default when I hit the beach scene. When you play LSF do you HAVE to give into everything he does or are there certain "tricks" to get him to fall for you? ;)

At the beggining on Taris I kinda resisted his "charms" and told him to stop calling me names and told him to refer to me as an officer or something similar to that, maybe that cut off the romance? :( I really wanted to see what happend and that was mainly the whole reason for me choosing a female character this time around... *sigh*

But for the rest of the game I kinda warmed up to him but it never really did anything...

Yuthura shows up again at the Jedi Enclave...?!

Man, this is when you know these are great games...I finished both kotors about ten times each, and I'm still hearing about bits I never found...

*edit* Although come to think of it, I always had more fun slaughtering Yuthura and Wynn in the nastiest and most deceitful ways possible ("You Sith were pathetically easy to turn on each other...!") so I never bothered to turn her...and Carth...well, the most use I had for him was to decorate the Ebon Hawk's pit. While his head's still attached, anyway, ;P

Archived