Home

unarmed combat: usefulness

MayNilad Warrior

It is very useful, especially since your damage and attack and defense increases as you gain levels. Bao-Dur is good with that metal arm of his, I usually have "unarmed" as his secondary weapon; his sheild breaker is especially useful. The Handmaiden absolutely rocks at unarmed combat. Her primary weapon is "unarmed" , you should have seen her take out Gammoreans and Exchange thugs. Either that or I have her secondary weapon her staff.

Be warned that Bao-Dur's special unarmed combat feat is broken. It isn't quite the same, but you can edit feats.2da to replace his broken unarmed combat feat with Handmaiden's Echani Strike (I-III). And if you super anal retentive (like I am) you can even go into dialog.tlk and edit the feat descriptions to give the feat a whole new name and everything :)

Sidebar aside, yes it is useful, but the usefullness is deminished if you someone who goes for quick kills and uber-powerful weapons over purism. In other words, it's just as viable as melee weapons or blasters, however if you like to play double wielding the most powerful weapons in the game, then it will quickly fall by the wayside.

Archived