Home

Psychonauts UK: The Wait Continues... plus Advert!

So then, everyone here in the UK got a copy of the fabulously groovy game Psychonauts on Xbox or the brand spingly-spangly new DVD version for PC with 400% less disc swapping?

No?

What's that? It wasn't released on the 25th November as promised? But didn't Tim Schafer say it was out before the year's end? Didn't PCZone, the UK bastion of Psycho-related Magazine Fandom, practically demand that 25th Nov was made a public holiday and that they would be doing spot-checks at people's houses to make sure everyone had a copy?

Indeed, hasn't a new advert been doing the rounds stating proudly that the game would be out November, seen here: PsychonautsAd.jpg

So why is the new release date "March 2006, maybe"?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more curious as to why they talk about Day of the Tentacle on the box. I mean, no one has ever heard of Day of the Tentacle. Is it there for aesthetic appeal only?

KotOR II was released for PC 2 months after it was for X-Box in the US. Maybe this is similar.

I'm more curious as to why they talk about Day of the Tentacle on the box. I mean, no one has ever heard of Day of the Tentacle. Is it there for aesthetic appeal only?

KotOR II was released for PC 2 months after it was for X-Box in the US. Maybe this is similar.

DotT was awesome. I beat it and it was totally cool.

At first I though the yellow and purple was too hideous but now I totally see how it fits.

So then, everyone here in the UK got a copy of the fabulously groovy game Psychonauts on Xbox or the brand spingly-spangly new DVD version for PC with 400% less disc swapping?

No?

What's that? It wasn't released on the 25th November as promised? But didn't Tim Schafer say it was out before the year's end? Didn't PCZone, the UK bastion of Psycho-related Magazine Fandom, practically demand that 25th Nov was made a public holiday and that they would be doing spot-checks at people's houses to make sure everyone had a copy?

Indeed, hasn't a new advert been doing the rounds stating proudly that the game would be out November, seen here:

So why is the new release date "March 206, maybe"?

All very good questions, but I have a better one. Why not just buy the American version seeing as we live in an English speaking country anyway? (I'm assuming you already have).

Pyschonauts is a summer game, dammit, wandering around Whispering Rock when it was getting all light and hot outside was perfect and made the game even more special for me.

(For the record, I live in Scotland and have the Xbox version. Death to region locking.)

DotT was awesome. I beat it and it was totally cool.

Yeah, but it's one of those games that mainstream gamers won't know about (shamefully). And Lucasarts doesn't sell it anymore. Heck, it doesn't even have a section of the forums (neither does RTX Red Rock, but hey...).

Archived