Home

Psychonauts UK: The Wait Continues... plus Advert!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was the topic again? Oh yeah...

I know what you mean about the colours. I prefer the green scheme. Just looks nicer. Any idea where I can get a decent picture of the US box cover? I got one from somewhere (an old Mojo post probably) which I had as a wallpaper before my computer died, and now I can't think where I got it.

I personally got my copy as soon as it came out in the US, imported from GameStop with the lovely T-Shirt which I'm wearing now.

However, not everyone has a decent enough PC, or enjoys importing games from a long way away (delivery costs, returning hassle if something's wrong, etc.), or just might want it on the Xbox or PS2. I made sure to get it confirmed when the game came out - The US Xbox Psychonauts will not work on a UK (or any other country's) Xbox. Someone personally tested it for me. Or they just might want a DVD PC copy.

What is the deal with the US's fear of the PC DVD-ROM drive? We in the UK have had DVD games on the PC for ages and they're now the norm, why does the US not like them? Technophobes.

For the most part all PC games are released universally, except when there's a concurrent console release, like KOTOR2 for example. Psychonauts was hampered over here because Majesco is a US-only publisher. If Microsoft had kept it we wouldn't be playing it on PS2 or PC, but it would've been a worldwide release.

And as for the "what games have the UK made?" question... off the top of my head -

Fable, the Broken Sword series, Beneath A Steel Sky, the Tomb Raider series ('cept for the upcoming one because they did such a thoroughly crap job on the last one), Black & White 1-2, Championship Manager/Football Manager, the Grand Theft Auto series, Alien Vs Predator (made just up the road from me!), Ghost Master, Judge Dredd: Dredd Vs Death (those two too!), Lemmings, Cannon Fodder 1-2, the Worms series, The Movies, Theme Park/Theme Hospital, Dungeon Keeper 1-2, the Populous games, Starship Titanic, Lure of the Temptress, Sensible Soccer, Evil Genius, Republic: The Revolution.

Plenty of others, but that's all I can be certain of right now.

Archived