Home

Rebels With Star Destroyers?

Imgnryflgdotcom

I just decided to register, 'cause this forum is pretty interesting.

Anyways, I just have a question, I have no idea if it's been mentioned or not.

Can rebels have Star Destroyers?

In a lot of Star Wars books, there are instances where the rebels uses a captured star destroyer for the element of surprise. I just want to know.

I just decided to register, 'cause this forum is pretty interesting.

Anyways, I just have a question, I have no idea if it's been mentioned or not.

Can rebels have Star Destroyers?

In a lot of Star Wars books, there are instances where the rebels uses a captured star destroyer for the element of surprise. I just want to know.

I don't know for sure so don't quote on this, but I think the develops mentioned a desire to keep each side unique. I don’t believe that the Rebels will be able to build them, however you might be able to commandeer a vessel. We already know that the rebels can commandeer ground vehicles using Han Solo / Chebacca, so maybe the Rebels can capture enemy space ships as well? It would be a cool feature for the rebels because they could use this to ambush enemy fleets or infiltrate enemy space without being detected. I think it also fits into the Rebel play style of being sneaky and covert.

Guest DarthMaulUK

I asked this in a recent Q&A because Rebels can steal tech stuff but you wont have the Rebels using Imperial units, apart from the mentioned ability that Chewbacca can do

DMUK

as mentioned in the new FAQ, it sadly states that space ships may not be captured, but that only ground vehicles can be taken over.

I was pretty saddened, especially considering that the Rebels captured many ISDs and used them for their own.

Actually they only captured 2 ISD during the GCW (galactic civil war). Those were after/at the battle over Endor. This puts those out of the timeline, so, no ISDs were really "captured" by the rebels in a straight up fight during the GCW (I don't believe so).

Actually they only captured 2 ISD during the GCW (galactic civil war). Those were after/at the battle over Endor. This puts those out of the timeline, so, no ISDs were really "captured" by the rebels in a straight up fight during the GCW (I don't believe so).

*shrug*

I wasn't really talking about during the movie timeline. :)

I was talking about both movie and throughout EU and I can recall well over 2 ISDs and Vic SDs that were in the service of the New Republic.

Despite their stellar qualities, however, the Imperial-class was apparently too much of a symbol of Imperial might, at least initially, to deploy in large numbers. Many of those used by the heirs of the Rebellion were symbolically high-profile prizes of war, such as the Accuser and Adjudicator captured at the Battle of Endor, the Avarice which defected during the Bacta War, and the Tyrant which had once been part of Darth Vader's personal fleet—renamed Emancipator, Liberator, Freedom and Rebel Dream respectively.

Add to that the Lusankya, Errant Venture, etc.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Its probably a mission or something. Remember, in the recent FAQ, some units from the galactic mode wont be in Skirmish. Could be the Venator?

DMUK

How do you explain the Imps firing on the Venator in this screen then??

Easy, outdated tech. When you say Star Destroyer in our game, I think you are referring to an ISD or Victory.

Also, that was more than likely taken during a MP game a while back. They were

used by both sides in this mode.

No, he ment the Venator, after all, it is considered the first star destroyer. :)

EDIT: Welcome to the boards, Chris. Hope you'll enjoy your stay. :wavey:

Oh, and no I didn't do anything to your post, other than adding the end quote tag incase you start to wonder. ;)

And in case anyone else starts to wonder if I just edited out something from a Developers post. :D

well i konw for shure, that this pic issnt outdatet cause this pic is from a german mgazine called "GameStar" and the one, in witch this pic is, came out 3 days ago!

but i swear you, ill hate lucasarts 4 ever if the venator is only in galactic mode!!!!!!!!

@ Lucasarts/petroglyph: BRING BACK VENATOR-CLASS!!!!! .....GOT IT?

Archived