Code Name Venice

Specification AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+

Family / Model / Stepping F F 0

Extended Family / Model F 2F

Brand ID 4

Package Socket 939

Core Stepping DH-E3

Technology 90 nm

Supported Instructions Sets MMX, Extended MMX, 3DNow!, Extended 3DNow!, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, x86-64

CPU Clock Speed 1808.4 MHz

Clock multiplier x 9.0

HTT Bus Frequency 200.9 MHz

L1 Data Cache 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size

L1 Instruction Cache 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size

L2 Cache 512 KBytes, 16-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size

L2 Speed 1808.4 MHz (Full)

L2 Location On Chip

L2 Data Prefetch Logic yes

L2 Bus Width 128 bits

Mainboard and chipset

Motherboard manufacturer

Motherboard model NF-CK804,

BIOS vendor Phoenix Technologies, LTD

BIOS revision 6.00 PG

BIOS release date 08/24/2005

Chipset nVidia nForce4 rev. A3

Southbridge nVidia nForce4 MCP rev. A3

Graphic Interface PCI-Express

PCI-E Link Width x8

PCI-E Max Link Width x16

Memory

DRAM Type DDR-SDRAM

DRAM Size 512 MBytes

DRAM Frequency 200.9 MHz

FSB:DRAM CPU/9

CAS# Latency 2.5 clocks

RAS# to CAS# 3 clocks

RAS# Precharge 3 clocks

Cycle Time (TRAS) 8 clocks

Bank Cycle Time (TRC) 11 clocks

DRAM Idle Timer 16 clocks

# of memory modules 1

Module 0 DDR-SDRAM PC3200 - 512 MBytes

Software

Windows version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

DirectX version 9.0c

EDIT: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1099395865274&type=product&skuId=7035095&tab=6&productCategoryId=pcmcat33200050001

This HDD is supposedly available at my local store, and it's only $10 more after mail in rebates. So, I';m wondering if that's compatible too?

Looking at this site:

http://www.kofeina.net/eloy/chlor.html

Using your motherboard as a search term (Motherboard model NF-CK804), it looks as if the HDD you first mentioned would work. But I'd definitely check out any books you may have received with the system to make absolutely sure that your mobo uses ATA interface rather than SATA...

Hope that helps :)

I got no books with the system.

All I know about it is what CPU-Z told me. =/

Now that I look at it, the 2nd HDD I mentioned seems like the way better of deals. It's like, double storage for only $10 more. So, if anyone has info on that, that would be uber awesome.

But thanks for everyone's help so far. :)

^^^

Yup, looks like they're Serial/Ultra ATA inputs (you can tell by the wide band cable ;) )

Sexay looking system BTW :thumbsup:

Um, the wide cable means its a PATA (parallel ATA, or IDE) interface. Definitely not serial. Serial ATA is the narrow cable.

Ultra ATA it almost certainly is, however, if it turns out that your board actually does support Serial ATA, those drives are very noticably faster.

AUT_2215.jpg

I got that one. (The one I originally wanted)

In the end it'll only cost me $40, while I found out the other one would cost me $70. I don't have the type of money for that. So, I'm glad with what I got, and it'll be more than enough. This drive will primarily be a media drive.

Thanks for everyon'es help.

UGH!!!!

How lame!

You know those ribbon things that connect to the motherboard? Well, I don't have enough space on my motherboard for that. So, now, I'm thinking that I have to get a Serial ATA drive, because there's just not enough room on the motherboard for this one.

****ing lame.

Ugh.

No, just 1 HDD. And the other thing using the 2nd (I think it's called an IDE slot thinger) is my CD drive. Then, next to it looks like another IDE slot, but smaller.

And I have 4 empty SATA slot thingers.

Ugh, this just pisses me offfffff.

No, just 1 HDD. And the other thing using the 2nd (I think it's called an IDE slot thinger) is my CD drive. Then, next to it looks like another IDE slot, but smaller.

And I have 4 empty SATA slot thingers.

Ugh, this just pisses me offfffff.

if I was you I'd go for a SATA drive they are coniserably faster

I googled your mother board and this drive is cheaper yet the same size as the one you have and a SATA drive

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144011

IDE is going to be obsolete in the near future as is

since all your ide slots are taken up a SATA seem to be your only other option unless you want to get ride of your other HD

edit: the second smaller one is for a floppy drive

well, I called Kjolen, and he explained how to hook it up, cuz apparently, it is possible. So, yeah, I'll actually be keeping this drive.

Me and him will fill you in tomorrow most likely, since he's coming over to my place tomorrow. Cuz I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

Okay, here is the summary:

The power cable wasn't working, either the voltage was off (don't know, didn't have a multimeter), or the cable was fried. So, considering there wasn't another cord near enough, I unplugged the cable from the power supply going into the faulty cable, and replugged it with another, which worked fine. Afterwards, The BIOS was trying to boot Windows off of the new drive, which didn't have Windows installed onto it, and gave us the infamous NTDLR error. Switching the settings in the BIOS was enough to get it to boot properly.

Archived