Home

pc gamer preview

shadowsfm

i got the german pc gamer 1/06

it has some new info

commander ackbar

this mon calamari gives rebelion ships in his radias, more fire power.

he also can put power from his engines and weapons to shields

han solo and chewbacca

han can deactivate vihicles while chewie can steal them.

in space, the millenium falcon can become temporarily invulnerably.

kyle katarn

he can lay bombs that explode in a short time.

after clicking the sprint ability, movement speed is increases.

luke skywalker

a pilot of red squadron, the only unit that can destroy the death star.

when lucky shot is activated, thier fire power is raised, can also put thier energy from weapons to engines, for more speed.

mon mothma

she raises defence of all rebel ships.

when shes on a planet, perduction cost is 25% reduced on that planet.

obi-wan kenobi

force portect creates a barrier that reduces damage.

force heal, heals infintry in obi-wans radias.

r2-d2 and c-3po

these droids can control enemy turrets, and repair vehicles.

they can be sent to other planets to steal technolagy on the galactic map.

raymus antilles

reduces attack stringth of enemy units.

can increase his ships speed on cost of fire power.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

boba fett

he can fly over obsticles with his jet pack, and burn the areas of the map with his flamethrower.

he can lay bombs that explode in a short time.

captain piett

his tractor beam can slow down a target.

his proton beam can contenuesly bombard a targeted ships system.

darth vader

in space, he can replace destroyed wingmen in his squadron.

on planets he can use force push (throws infintry back,) and force crush (damages vehicles, buildings and infintry.)

grand moff tarkin

he gives his fleet a combat efficiency bonus, but they cant retreat.

he reduces the research costs of a planet that hes stationed at.

imperor palpatine

his force lightning does lots of damage to enemy infintry.

he reduces production costs by 25% on the planet that hes stationed at.

mara jade

she has the ability to turn someone to the empires side.

she can lay bombs that explode in a short time.

maximilian veers

he controls a at-at prototype that drops off stormtroopers.

he can temporarily increace his at-ats firepower noticably.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

note: because the empire has a higher production capacity, often the empire will have more capitel ships then the rebels.

the blue and orange lights, above the unit icon window, light up when a unit is done being built so you can give them their orders.

an advantage to having 3 fleets in an orbit, you can use one fleet for air suport, in ground battles.

chris williams at lucas arts says, no coment if there will be an expansion or a sequal. but of corse theres a chance this could turn into a series. empre at war takes place in a pacific time frame where where theres a conflicked between rebels and empire. there is still lots of material we could use.

It's interesting the feature they mention about "take power from engine to shields or weapons" etc, pretty like the X-wing flight sim series...so, the space system might not only have nice graphics and "hard points" to hit, but it's made more complicated. Just nice.

Yet, not word for infiltrators :( . As i stated many times, it would be very pity if that moving carpet (chewbacca i think is its name...) is the only one unit that can steal enemy vehicles, while those hard-trained commandos are used only to press a button of a gun (even if that gun is powerful)...

Its Walking Carpet :p

Heh, moving, walking, whatever; it's a big carpet in every way you see it ;). By the way, if i want to steal an ATAT/ST which stands in the middle of a river, won't i have problem?? That carpet will suck too much water and it will never make it out! Oh man....where are my infilts :(. Darth-Torpid, if you hear me, give infiltrators back their true power!!! There must be a rebel guy in your dev team that understands me!

Ok, i overdid it here :) .

I'm concerned about how easy it will be for Red Squadron to destroy the death star. I mean I realize that Red Squadron is primarily useful as a counter to the death star and as long as the Imps keep the DS away from Luke there won't be a problem, but it still seems cheap if all you have to do is order RS to attack the Death Star and then it blows up. It costs a helluva lot of money to build, after all...

I'm wondering what happens if you lose Red Squadron before the DS gets built.... I guess it's a good thing that heroes are respawnable. Also I wonder what happens if someone sends the DS all alone (maybe TIEs too) into a system (I know, I know, why would you, but this is hypothetical) and you don't have Red Squadron? Does the game freeze because neither side can win after the TIEs are destroyed? Thanks for the info!

I'm concerned about how easy it will be for Red Squadron to destroy the death star. I mean I realize that Red Squadron is primarily useful as a counter to the death star and as long as the Imps keep the DS away from Luke there won't be a problem, but it still seems cheap if all you have to do is order RS to attack the Death Star and then it blows up. It costs a helluva lot of money to build, after all...

I don't think it will be as easy as you think :)

what i hate about the game from that information is, with all the abilities the characters give you, i feel it makes the game too arcadish if you know what i mean? Like reducing construction cost etc abaility is cool, but thehealing if ur under the radius or shields increase with ackbar on the ship is just too arcadish for me. I was always for add starwars rebellion with force commander/ugraded space graphics and it will be a perfect game...

this game ofcoarse is something i will love and buy, but its just a bit dissapointing how much the game turned out to be more towards arcadish instead of hardcore strategy....

i think there will be lots of stratagy behind when to use the special abilitys, where to use it, and how to use it. remember there will be a timer to some abilitys, so if you use force lightning on one infinty, your screwed if he was only bait, and you get jumped by some boanty hunters.

and some heros you can only have if you own a sertan planet. so some planets, the empire and rebels will be fighting hard for. and it is a good idea to spread your heros all over the galaxy, i havent seen a pic with 2 heros on the same map, excluding the r2-d2/c-3po and han/chewie combos

Archived