Home

Expanded Demo Campaign Mod

OverlordAngelus

link works

Yeah, a quick re-read of my post indicates that the link does work ... :dozey:

[Edit]

Review: as far as Mods go - this has potential, but it needs vast improvements. Firstly, it's pretty hard. I played through on Medium, and, after winning the battle in the asteroid field, I was counter-attacked by 2 ISDs, 3 VSD, an Inderdictor and _lots_ of other ships, not to mention hundreds of fighters ... needless to say my fleet was decimated. As there is no option to build more Mon Cal cruisers, I was pretty much screwed - I tryed rebuilding my fleet with 20 Nebulon B / Corvettes, but again shortly after retaking the asteroid belt, I was attacked with an equally huge force! You really need to either tone down the intial strength and wealth of the Imperials to have a fighting chance ...

Also, there are quite a few units missing from the build list in your Mod that *can be* available in the demo (see the Chriz_4 modpack) ... it would be nice to see these included, as they'd go some-way to help ballance verus the Empire ...

Anywho, great mod - it just need some tweaking!

just finished playing through and it was cool tho the 2nd place was a little hard (their counter). i managed to take out everything appart from 2 of the big star destroyers (millenium falcon lureing most of the other cap ships into asteroids) but i just couldnt hurt the big ones and eventually died. but i managed to take out all of their fighters so when i countered they had no fighters.

some of the battles above planets dont tally with your fleet which is really odd but it did illustrate the space battles better than the demo campaign.

before i wasnt sure this game would be any good.

now i think it might be :)

Very nice mod. Giant battles are fun and with the graphics options all turned to high you get some nice cinematic battles when that mode works (as in focuses on the battle instead of out of sight x-wings heh)

The full version is going to be lots of fun, I wish the demon by itself was like this mod, as you don't get a feel for the game that much when its dumbed down (made easier) and little experince the actual gameplay.

Great mod everyone should download

Thankyou everyone for the feedback, I'm going to check out Chriz's new mod version and see about adding more units and fixing things with mine.

I'm glad it's giving people a view of what the full game will be like, that was something that frustrated me with the demo and is the main reason for this mod's existance.

How do i use Rar files?

I what to try this mod, but no idea how to use the Rar

A Rar file is like a zip file, use the program here to extract the files!

I cant seem to get them to counter attack me after i take something. I always just get a big fight to take it but once its taken they dont come with a force to counter.

What difficultly level are you playing on?

"Also, there are quite a few units missing from the build list in your Mod that *can be* available in the demo (see the Chriz_4 modpack) ... it would be nice to see these included, as they'd go some-way to help ballance verus the Empire ...

Anywho, great mod - it just need some tweaking!"

Indeed. it is not too hard to add the extra. I wake up and look at all the mods!! 8p

What it does:

There are now 5 planets in the campaign, Ryloth and Kashyyk are the new additions.

The AI is active on the Galactic Map.

There is a little bonus when your fleet arrives at Tatooine as well.

I haven't had time to test it properly and I'm not likely to for awhile, so feedback is more than welcome.

Download

If i download this will it download only in the dmeo not memeory to the full version? and can you uninstall mods?

If i download this will it download only in the dmeo not memeory to the full version? and can you uninstall mods?

Yeah, you should be able to uninstall the demo normally, then manually delete the files added to the directory by mods ... As for the first part of your post, I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean? :confused:

Yeah, you should be able to uninstall the demo normally, then manually delete the files added to the directory by mods ... As for the first part of your post, I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean? :confused:

How would i manually delete the mod? It doesn't go down the drain with the demo?

Idk, how to do that and where to go, if you haven't figured out this is my first time using mods for a game... ;)

Why on Earth are you winking? Do you have a stigmatism?

Anyway, to make things simpler for you:

Use the uninstaller that came with the EaW Demo to unistall the Demo,a fter this open the EaW Demo folder and select all the leftover files in this folder than were part of the mods. Now delete them by either pressing the delete key on your keyboard, or "Right Click -> Delete" ... Understand now? :rolleyes:

Why on Earth are you winking? Do you have a stigmatism?

Anyway, to make things simpler for you:

Use the uninstaller that came with the EaW Demo to unistall the Demo,a fter this open the EaW Demo folder and select all the leftover files in this folder than were part of the mods. Now delete them by either pressing the delete key on your keyboard, or "Right Click -> Delete" ... Understand now? :rolleyes:

No, i don't have stigmatism, but you sure do have attitude.

Anyways, jeez i was just asking how to get rid of the MOD, not a explanation on how to uninstall the demo....Sorry if i'm not a big PC gamer like some people...I don't play much PC games so i didn't know..jeez.... :¬:

No, i don't have stigmatism, but you sure do have attitude.

Anyways, jeez i was just asking how to get rid of the MOD, not a explanation on how to uninstall the demo....Sorry if i'm not a big PC gamer like some people...I don't play much PC games so i didn't know..jeez....

Note my "attitude" was in direct reply to your attitude ...

And yeah, I told you how to uninstall the mods - you need to uninstall the whole thing and start again! Allthough it's possible to merely delete the mod files and leave the demo intact, it's easier for an admitted novice like yourself to simply start with a clean slate. So yeah; check my advice.

True, though I'll be glad when Scarlett has finished altering the maps so they have units generated in response to what's happening in the galactic map instead of the story missions they were originally for. I must've played the Tatooine space map three to five times and every time it had me controlling a spacestation, mon cals, x-wings, y-wings, blockade runners, gunships, maruaders, Nebulon B frigates and assault frigates against interdictors, acclamators, imp and vic stars, tartans and broadsides.

its a good idea to copy the entire demo folder and only alter the one of them.

when i played, rolith only had one bad guy, that shuttle, and the falcon is stuck in the begining, then i took my second wave of transports to rulith, but instead it and my space station get desamated at the astroids. then i counter attack that counter attack, it was easy enough for me, always a good idea to have lots of bombers. in tatooine space, i was given a space station and lots of ships, but non of them are the ones i built.

Archived