309 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you play as in KoTOR 3?

• Revan
    • Exile
    • A completely new character

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Revan should definateley be the main character in K3 because they still havent freaking explained what happened to him.
But having him physically in the game is in no way required for finding out what happened to him.

I would like a new character cause it's no point in playing as say Revan or the Exile, there's no point in creating a new game unless you could have played as a new character and yes I agree with Pottsie... And i would really liked if they did something from the movies or from the Expanded Universe... I.E. Play as your own made character I.E. create Anakin Solo, Jacen Solo, Jaina Solo or maybe even a king or queen of the new republic...

i would like a big cinematic at the beginning of the game after you create your character. it would show revan leading mandalorian troops alongside Canderous against the sith and it ends with Revans death and the narrator of the cinematic would be

1) Your first party member and mentor type character

2)And would tell how the Exile had died just a few weeks before Revan.

to me this would appease the people who want to see Revan in the game and avoid having him as an actual character and would also set the stage for a new character to take up the fight against the sith.

Killing off Revan and the Exile would be a massive anti-climax, if they're just conveniently killed off in the background during the set-up for KotOR3. If that happens, then what was the point of letting the Exile follow in Revan's footsteps during KotOR2? It would have been much easier to just say that Revan was dead and be done with it.

Not that I mind seeing either or both of them die in KotOR3, but if it is to be, then it has to be done as part of the plot development, and not to just get rid of them. It will be very disappointing and pitiful storytelling, if the protagonists of the previous games are just discarded like that - they have far too much plot potential. Especially Revan needs to appear again. We've been searching for him for an entire game now. To just find him dead would not be satisfying.

I'd like for both Exile and Revan make an appearance late in KotOR3 and even be potentially playable as temporary companions. Neither should be the protagonist, however. The game begins at level 1 and builds from there, and then only way you could do that for either of them is to do yet more amnesia or convenient "fall from power", which has now been done twice in as many games. No, I'll take a new young jedi, thank you very much.

@ igyman :xp:

:lol: C'mon RH, there's no reason to be upset. We can speculate all we want until an official announcement of K3. Until then I'm still gonna hope that Revan gets to be the protagonist again, even if it's futile.

Ok, I love making up long speeches about K3 in my head, so now Im going to write one down.

How about you start as a new character, perhapse a jedi historian(at level 1, of course) looking for answers about Revan and the Exile. Then you spend the rest of the game following Revans path throughout the unknown regions, always finding traces of him on each planet. Finally, you find the base of the true sith, only to find that Revan and the exile have been killed / captured. Then it is your turn to defeat the enemy that revan and the exile died trying to destroy.

Just a cool idea, sorry if you guys dont like it.

Ok, I love making up long speeches about K3 in my head, so now Im going to write one down.

How about you start as a new character, perhapse a jedi historian(at level 1, of course) looking for answers about Revan and the Exile. Then you spend the rest of the game following Revans path throughout the unknown regions, always finding traces of him on each planet. Finally, you find the base of the true sith, only to find that Revan and the exile have been killed / captured. Then it is your turn to defeat the enemy that revan and the exile died trying to destroy.

Just a cool idea, sorry if you guys dont like it.

Yesssss.... Kill Revan! Down with Revan! Death to Revan. I just want to see the Revan fanboys cry their little hearts out when Revan's corpse is found lying on the ground.

There has to be a new character, lol, or it wouldnt make any sense.

Start as a nonjedi (they're cooler, lol) and advance to either a nonjedi prestige class (rly cool lolz) or a jedi prestige class (because why advance to a regular one, you're the hero of [whatever])

Oh, and to set up the game, it could be in a prologue/fresh start of game where you take a test and it would have various answers (over plot events? whatever.) and with some 'premade' ones (in case you dont want to answer the questions, but you can look them over if you wish)

However, something tells me that whichever body of developers that'll develop KOTOR III (3) will ignore these suggestions, lolz.

(first post after four months of registering ftw [/senselessedit])

My thoughts exactly, Danny. However, it's gotta be a new character because K3 won't be able to detect what your character looked like from K1 and K2!

...Although maybe, a Dark Revan would wear his/her original robes and mask...but that would limit possibilities for customization...

EDIT: In any case, K3 had better let us explore the Unknown Regions, or I'll kill myself. There are enough mentions of how Revan entered the Unknown regions, looking for something, to make me really want to explore for myself.

I'd much rather be someone else who meets Revan, than being Revan him/herself.

Revan is cool, Exile is ok, but I don't want a lame plot excuse for Revan or the Exile starting at level 1, so I want a new character. And I also want to see Revan, since it kind of goes without saying that he is needed for the plot and whole mystery of the True Sith ect.

New character should start in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant as a new Jedi Apprentice in the Order which was founded by members of the TSL party (Visas, Disciple/Handmaiden ect) since the events of KOTOR 2. The player would take some type of history exam in which the player would set the endings and genders for the previous chracters.

I wouldn't mind Exile being in KOTOR 3, but I wouldn't miss him either. If either appear, I'd like events which would allow them to die in/near the end (in non-canon endings).

Eventually, the player would enter the unkown regions as the final test for his/her training in search of Revan and the True Sith. That would happen about 1/3 through the game. Most of the previous party members from KOTORs 1 and 2 would have cameos and/or small roles, just for old time's sake. At least, that's how I would like it.

Probably something else about the True Sith attacking, but I can't think of anything about that.

On a slightly unrelated note, I'd like to see Revan and Exile(in different canon sources)with specified genders, alignments, names (Exile's name and Revan's fake name while he was brainwashed), and appearances in canon, just so I can laugh at the morons who say "OMG L@3VE IT UP 2 TEH PL4YRE!! DN0T 5PE[1FY i7!!"

Archived