Home

LF site performance slow

Char Ell

Is it just me or is the site running slow the past 24 hours?

I've got hi-speed Internet and all and it looks like there's about 300 users (about 6:1 ratio guests to users) using the site as I write this post. Other websites I use (msnbc.com, ign.com, hotmail.com) are all loading up just fine.

What currently constitutes "high traffic" on LucasForums?

Is there somewhere we can go to check what the status of the site is?

If high guest volume is a problem (probably because of the recent release of Empires at War) can a guest login limit be set? Say like 100 or something?

It changes. The admins can make people have to log in to even view post. I think they only do it when things are really slow or they are working on the server. I was trying to show a friend the forums the other day and he had to register to view the forums.

Though normally guest can view the forums without having to register.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Hi all

Yes as Darth said, we have had to, sort a short period, switch to registered users only. This is due to the volume of traffic we are getting. Recently, Alexa.com, which tracks Lucasforums has shown that we have had a 180% increase in traffic recently, especially with the release of Empire at War. The forums for Empire at War have been extremely busy - even more popular than the official site and the most popular out of all the fansites for the game.

Things have improved since we have done this and we hope to switch back soon. Thanks for your patience.

DMUK

PS, you can track the info here >> http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?&range=2y&size=medium&compare_sites=&y=r&url=lucasforums.com#top

Archived