Home

R they going to do another patch?

zalcron

Guest DarthMaulUK

They are working on a patch but these things do take sometime, especially when you have so many different areas to look at

DMUK

I hope they don't add a replay system. I just want them to fix the multiplayer issues such that the game is more reliable, and stable. By adding anything, the patch will take longer, be more likely to have problems with the added features (it always does), and the issues that need to get fixed get less time. (and therefore are less likely to have been fixed correctly).

Isn't it possible to release a series of patches which individually deal with seperate issues? (EG one to deal with connectivity issues, one for the oss thing, etc) Or all these things inter-woven?

aetos75,

your thread confirms nothing, that was already stated here. The developers are looking into a replay system, but have not committed to it. That means, not for the next patch or ever if they beleive that it's too much work. If fact none of the ppl posting in that thread were Petro or lucas arts employees. There was 1 quote of the developers chat, but it would have been better to just link to that.

aetos75,

your thread confirms nothing, that was already stated here. The developers are looking into a replay system, but have not committed to it. That means, not for the next patch or ever if they beleive that it's too much work. If fact none of the ppl posting in that thread were Petro or lucas arts employees. There was 1 quote of the developers chat, but it would have been better to just link to that.

Sorry, but I must offer a correction. If you read the next-to-last post in that thread (from Delphi-PG, Petroglyph developer)

Here's what he said: "Replays are going to be in soon. Observer is something we are going to look into for a possible future patch."

That sounds like a commitment to me, and Delphi is most definately a petro employee.

V 1.3 is in QA testing

Okay, where'd you hear that? I asked the dev's how long it takes to QA in the last Dev chat on the LucasArts.com forum, and their answer was (paraphrased) "usually two days". If it's in QA now, then we may see the next patch very soon. I hope you're right! Haven't heard much from any of the petro guys lately. I've seen them in the forum every day, and the comments in the modding section. I'm guessing that they're waiting for the new patch to be released before starting to compile the next list of fixes needed. (unless they get it perfect this time. hehe)

Archived