Home

X-Men 3 Trailer Online! [SPOILERZ]

Zappa_0

Whats all the fuss about? Looks ok, but i can't see anything to make my head explode with excitement.

Yet another "government cracks down on mutants" plotline? Can't they think of something else?

What's so special about Star Wars? The rebels fight the empire for 3 movies. The fellowship fights orcs for 3 movies. Austin Powers fights Dr. Evil for 3 movies.

It's a movie, you're supposed to enjoy it.

I can't wait for the mutant battle.

Yet another "government cracks down on mutants" plotline? Can't they think of something else?

Considering it's part of a continuing storyline, that's the point. It's been slowly progressing over the first two movies, now is when the government has "had enough" and are pressing on the mutants.

i was kind of expecting Jean to look a bit different...

... How so? All she ever does is get a costume change to something hawter.

Yeah, i've been looking forweard to the phoenix saga for ages.. but the trailer doesn't really mention much about that... and i was kind of expecting Jean to look a bit different...

Well i think they are saving that for the film not the trailor i bet.

Got that dvd free a few years back but never watched it as i assumed it would be pants. Is it worth watching then?

Considering it's part of a continuing storyline, that's the point. It's been slowly progressing over the first two movies, now is when the government has "had enough" and are pressing on the mutants.

I guess so. It just feels like they completed it woth the ending of X-men 2 and they could have moved on to something a bit different with X-men 3. Also the shots of Mistique escaping look a bit too much like Magneto escaping. It just looks all a bit too familiar.

Still, i loved the first 2 and i'm sure it will be great, i just think it doesn't look as great as you guys are making out. I was so excited to see it after reading how great it was here (and other places) and it looks good... but no more.

... How so? All she ever does is get a costume change to something hawter.

No idea, i've never read any x-men comics, but i got the impression the phoenix saga had her turning into something much more impressive... but maybe i got the wrong end of the stick.

The only time she looks anything but normal is when her power consumes her and displays itself visually as a Phoenix, but that's hardly a long time thing. It lasts only as long as she's about to kick someone's ass. It's like the little powerup things in DBZ, or something of the like.

Anyway, X-men has only ever had two types of storylines. Mutant battles and fighting government oppression, and considering the entire thing came up as a way to subtly point out the issue of government-established discrimination (the whole black civil rights movement was going on at this point and in a hard push). The fight against the evil politicians has been the longest running thing in X-men.

And considering they haven't finished all the character stuff in the movies, they can't exactly move on to the mutant battles, at lest not like they are in the comics. Because it all works on the knowledge the reader/moviewatcher has about the characters. It kind of sucks when they suddenly show a weakness that has been pre-existing but they just pull it out at that moment so they can resolve the conflict in a given time, it makes it seem kind of... bollocks'd up.

Archived